The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-18-2015, 05:01 PM   #21
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'm sure you're not the only one who thinks that might help. Although not everyone is into casual sex. OP seems like he cared about his gf, so I doubt he'll be wanting to have sex with other girls anytime soon.
Yeah, I wouldn't. But I think Andrew was joking anyway.

@Shuriken: Thanks. And, hang in there.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:44 AM   #22
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^ I'm good man. It took like 3 months for me to say that honestly and consistently but yeah. You're cool man you'll be alright.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:57 AM   #23
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

You do what you feel is best. I probably would just sever ties with them and never have anything to do with them again, but that's just me. If you feel you still want her in your life and she's sorry she did that to you, then you should give yourself some time to heal and then reconnect with her.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:41 PM   #24
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I'm a firm believer in the term "Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." Be glad for the time you had with that person and think of it as a growing experience.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:27 PM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

That's real piece of sh*t advice after like the 8 or 9th time some bimbo crushes your heart into a fine paste, brother.

Reality is much more like the Ra's al Ghul speech from "Batman Begins", about your loved one's memory being poison in your veins, and you end up wishing you'd never known them at all, so you could be spared the pain.

But yeah that greeting card nonsense you mentioned is kinda how it feels the first couple times, when a person is still young and naive. It wears off, though.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #26
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
By having a lot of sex with a lot of other girls.
That Morgan Freeman .GIF goes right here ^
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:14 AM   #27
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That's real piece of sh*t advice after like the 8 or 9th time some bimbo crushes your heart into a fine paste, brother
It's not that bad. I'm happy for all my past experiences, they sort of helped make me, ya know me. A better analogy what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but sooner or later something will kill you . I just try not to dwell on it.
Sometimes I wonder how people can go through so many meaningful and long term relationships. Sh*t must be emotionally and physically exhausting. But if you get your heart crushed 8-9 times that goes into the realm of self sabotage or just ya know being the unluckiest person ever. I guess some people have thicker skins than that.
Also I try not to go for bimbos, but ya know that's just me.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:25 AM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

The people who talk about how they dated 5-10 different girls makes my head boggle. I mean I can understand this when you're a teen in High School and relationships don't mean much, but as an adult?

Just think about how much money you lose. Everytime you break up, whatever money you spent on that girl on dates/gifts/vacations/etc. is all down the drain. Its expensive to be in a relationship.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:00 AM   #29
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Everytime you break up, whatever money you spent on that girl on dates/gifts/vacations/etc. is all down the drain. Its expensive to be in a relationship.
Yea, if you go out with a gold digger. Not all relationships are like that, and not all dates consist of $50 dinners at some fancy-shmancy restaurant. Heck, if I had a girlfriend I'd treat her to a nice home cooked meal most of the time and save my money for something really special, like a trip to Paris or something.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:52 AM   #30
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Every relationship you're ever going to be in is going to end, until one doesn't.

If you choose to look at them, and what happens during them, as a ledger that has to balance...well...good luck to you.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:57 PM   #31
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^HA. Yeah that just sounds like a masochistic thing to do.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:38 PM   #32
Commenter 42
Banned

or a little misogynistic.

I gotta say, if you're not spending 50$ or more on dinner, where are you eating? Every restaurant I've been to lately, regardless of quality, is a minimum of 50$ after tip, for the two of us.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:36 AM   #33
pennydreadful
trash

Don't people generally go dutch on dates these days anyway? Or am I in the minority here?

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 04:41 AM   #34
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Depends. I've had women tell me they're paying for their stuff beforehand and ask if I'm cool with it. Why would I not be. But if they don't say anything then yeah I pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
or a little misogynistic.

I gotta say, if you're not spending 50$ or more on dinner, where are you eating? Every restaurant I've been to lately, regardless of quality, is a minimum of 50$ after tip, for the two of us.
You referring to me as misogynistic? ok
I've been to plenty of places with the bill being $40-$60 for both of us (+tip). Sometimes if there are various drinks involved then like $90. Not including the chain fast food places obviously.
I was talking about basing the relationship quality on a ledger balance, then you're in for some painful times. I never really cared how much I spent as long as it wasn't out of my price range. Hell sometimes she would invite me out. I try not to measure a relationship on the money spent, I measure it on the way she made me feel and the good times we had.
And Jephael and CyberCubed you guys come off sounding kinda cheap. I get where you're coming from but yeah, maybe a little better wording next time.
Honestly though I prefer either cooking something for someone, or have her cook something for me. But every one in a while it's not a bad thing to whine and dine your significant other, make em feel special.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:00 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Depends. I've had women tell me they're paying for their stuff beforehand and ask if I'm cool with it. Why would I not be. But if they don't say anything then yeah I pay.

I've been to plenty of places with the bill being $40-$60 for both of us (+tip). Sometimes if there are various drinks involved then like $90. Not including the chain fast food places obviously.
I was talking about basing the relationship quality on a ledger balance, then you're in for some painful times. I never really cared how much I spent as long as it wasn't out of my price range. Hell sometimes she would invite me out. I try not to measure a relationship on the money spent, I measure it on the way she made me feel and the good times we had.
And Jephael and CyberCubed you guys come off sounding kinda cheap. I get where you're coming from but yeah, maybe a little better wording next time.
Honestly though I prefer either cooking something for someone, or have her cook something for me. But every one in a while it's not a bad thing to whine and dine your significant other, make em feel special.
Agreed. At certain points you kinda have to spring for a nice wine and dine. It just needs to happen.

Though it depends who you're rocking with.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:20 PM   #36
Prowler
Emperor

I don't mind paying for stuff on a date since a guy is pretty much expected to do so. Then again, I guess that depends on the country you live in. I've heard that in places like Sweden and Norway, it's pretty common for a man and a woman to split the bill on a date. Here, I don't think it's very common.

You don't need to spend much in most dates, anyway. There will be like a date once in a while where you'll spend a little more as Andrew said, but that's easy to handle.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:38 AM   #37
pennydreadful
trash

Could be a regional thing I guess, as far as what's commonly done re paying for dinner. I know I've always done Dutch, and my sister always has on her dates - then again, you tend to go out with people who're on the same wavelength as you so I dunno; YMMV perhaps? I have no idea what so-called "normal" people here in Oz do as far as courtship rituals go.

But yeah; if you're worrying about money when you're dating, you're really not going into it with the right attitude IMO.

Anyway, hope the OP is starting to feel a bit better, though it's still early days yet.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:45 AM   #38
Leo656
The Franchise

Any chick who'd say no to the Chinese buffet isn't worth it. Go ahead and take her whiny ass to the dumb place she wants, just be sure and leave her there. She ain't worth the headache.

I mean anyone whose heart doesn't skip a beat when they see roast duck and giant monster snow crab legs in the same place is dead inside. That's my position.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #39
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post

Jesus you people...

NO! It's no juts masochistic to keep track of how much you've spent, it's also sort of misogynistic. "I bought her dinner she should do me the favor..." that kind of thing.

These days, everyones a soft touch.

And yeah, when we go out for dinner, it's expensive everywhere, no matter what. I can't find a decent place that isn't around 50$ minimum, even the dives think they're high-end.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:27 PM   #40
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I gotcha (had to read over the replies for it to make sense)
And I would have to agree actually.

Tags
cybercubedthevirgin, cybercubedthinkscheap