The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-26-2022, 11:55 PM   #1
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Nintendo

Looks like, at least from what my search could find, there was no general Nintendo thread so I decided to make one!

Hopefully we actually get a REAL Nintendo Direct this week, and not the rumored "mini" or "third party focused" one all the leakers seem to be hinting at.

What games are you all playing on your Switch? It's been a lot of Shredder's Revenge, Quake, Mario Strikers and the N64 library on NSO for me!
Old 06-27-2022, 06:53 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Right now I'm playing Dragon Quest XI.

I did buy the Bioshock games for Switch simply because I wanted to see if they added gyro support, turns out they didn't. Which is is weird because the Switch versions of Turok, Turok 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Ion Fury, Metro 2033, Metro Last Light and even the old Doom games that don't have vertical aiming all feature gyro. Gyro isn't as good as a mouse for FPS games but it's still way better than relying on the right thumbstick alone.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:10 AM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Kinda wish this got re-released. Don’t remember the cereal tasting great but the boxes made you happy regardless:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBwr14N0noM

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:52 AM   #4
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Bummer, so tomorrow IS a third party focused Mini Direct.

I wonder why Nintendo is sitting out this summer for their big first party announcements, feels like the rest of this year is still missing some big games from them. I know leakers and rumors are just that ... rumors ... but with that new Donkey Kong game that's been in development for years, the Wind Waker / Twilight Princess ports and the Metroid Prime HD remaster all heavily teased for some time, you're telling me they're nowhere near completion?

Especially with BOTW 2 being moved, you'd think you'd want to scratch that Zelda itch with something at least.

Oh well. Watch it be like 10 minutes of Rabbids, 10 minutes of Bayonetta and then 5 minutes of dreck. Only turnaround for me is a release date trailer for the Cowabunga Collection.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:31 PM   #5
Turo602
The King of Kings

I don't know, they have Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, the next wave of Mario Kart DLC, and the possibility of Bayonetta 3. Now rumors have kicked up again that Metroid Prime HD will be releasing this Holiday.

Still feels a little sparse, but that's not new for Nintendo. This entire "Summer of Gaming" has been completely lackluster. Other than Resident Evil 4 and Callisto Protocol, I can't say there was much that has gotten me excited this month as has typically been the case even with E3 lately anyway, but Nintendo always turned it around for me and now June is almost over and we're getting a partner direct? Very disappointing, especially because as you said, it'll most likely just be some more Rabbids crap, Bayonetta 3, and a bunch of old games.

But with Zelda getting delayed and Metroid Prime 4 nowhere in sight, I do find it a little sad that the most exciting things for me this year would be a Metroid Prime remaster and ports of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
Old 07-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Nintendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Kinda wish this got re-released. Don’t remember the cereal tasting great but the boxes made you happy regardless:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBwr14N0noM
I love all those video game-related commercials, news reports and home recordings from the late 1980's and early 90's.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 03:10 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Switch has become my Smash Ultimate only console. That game never gets boring, even though I always play as the same 3 or 4 characters.

I have Nick All Stars too, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:38 AM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I wish Nintendo could add more video games to NES and Super NES Online. Where are all the great Capcom and Konami titles we all used to love?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:14 AM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I wish Nintendo could add more video games to NES and Super NES Online. Where are all the great Capcom and Konami titles we all used to love?
Sold in their own digital collections

View my sketch work!
Old 07-11-2022, 06:16 PM   #10
The Deadman
Foot Elite

This is my friend code for the Switch for those who has it on here
4228-3597-5693

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:51 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

A general Nintendo thread? Nice.

Nintendo are pretty much the reason I've become a video game fan. The NES is to blame for that.

I've mostly had Nintendo consoles throughout my life, mostly because it wasn't my decision when I was a kid which system to buy. It was my older brother's. And he mostly has bought Nintendo systems. Until 2005 the only non-Nintendo systems I've played on were the Mega Drive, the Game Gear and the Saturn. Which were also coincidentally the only non-Nintendo systems available in my household.

In late 2005 I picked a gaming system for the first time in my life and decided on a PS2 Slim. I had been curious about it for some years now since everyone had one and it had way more games than the GameCube did. But that was also the only non-Nintendo system I bought and the last one I played. Since then I've played on the Wii, the DS, the 3DS and the Switch.

I love video games in general, but Nintendo systems will always be my main choice because of their 1st parties. I can live without playing many of the exclusives of other systems but I cannot stop playing Mario, Zelda and other Nintendo series. Plus, the Switch has a ton of 3rd party support and a lot of the biggest PlayStation and Xbox titles are also available on Steam anyway. So I no longer feel like I'm limited in terms of choice by sticking to Nintendo consoles only.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 07:59 AM   #12
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Yesterday I read online rumors about a "leak" that Game Boy & Game Boy Advance games would be coming to the Switch's Online service, and then when I logged onto my console last night, there they were! Not many offerings for either system at present (that's the whole sad story of the N.S.O. service) but it's nice to see this with the official shutdown of the Wii U/3DS eshop scheduled for next month. I THINK the GB/GBA experience is exclusive to the NSO + Expansion Pack membership, though I don't know if Nintendo plans to raise the subscription prices.

EDIT: Little bonus tip, you can adjust the in-service settings to open up the PAL versions of all available Game Boy titles that don't display by default.

Also, kudos to Nintendo for offering three options on how to play original GB games: "original GB" (comforting familiar green hues), "GB Pocket" (cleaner black & grey tones), or GB Color options; that option plus the frame-rewind features makes the NSO a superior play option over the old 3DS eshop.
STILL wish there was also a "Super Game Boy" option since various games were programmed specifically for that technology and you get slightly different results when playing that vs. the GB Color. I really miss those cheesy screen borders.
Maybe they will debut that option when Donkey Kong '94 hits the NSO?

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 02-09-2023 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:01 PM   #13
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Eshop for 3DS families and Wii U officially stopped accepting purchases an hour ago. So far as I know game updates and redownloads of previously purchased software is still permitted. Farewell, sweet prince!

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-27-2023 at 07:06 PM.