The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #61
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Straight up evisceration?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:41 AM   #62
ViraltheVirus
Mouser

Before I'm on my break, I came back here to read what people had to say about me. Apparently you all think I'm a wuss and an emo wimp. No. I'm leaving to work on my social skills, it has nothing to do with do with giving up or being emo. Now if you're all through name-calling, I'll be on my mary way.

Last edited by ViraltheVirus; 02-15-2012 at 05:53 AM.
ViraltheVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #63
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I'll be on my mary way.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 02-15-2012 at 06:37 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #64
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

I'm actually kind of curious as to how he intends on working on his social skills by leaving a social environment...

Signing up for a workshop?

Wandering the earth like Quai Chang?
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #65
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViraltheVirus View Post
Now if you're all through name-calling, I'll be on my mary way.
Oh one more...
"You're claustrophobic!"

And by the by, it's "merry" way.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #66
mysterycolor
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Emo quitting after 6 posts over a My Little Pony Thread is ****ing win.
at least they bowed out gracefully and we will always have the memories
Old 06-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #67
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Not meaning to necro post, but i just started watching this show a couple days ago (it's all on netflix) and i'm completely 100% hooked. We should talk about it. All the time.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #68
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

yeah me too. I just watched my very first episode of this series and I have to say that it was really good. I have no idea what season it's from though. I can see how both genders can get into it. My first episode(s) was two parter about Twighlights older brother Shining Armor getting married to her old foal-sitter Princess Cadence. It was really cute, and I enjoyed the singing. I think I'll look more into this. here are two songs from the episodes I saw.

I really like the concept of male ponies, or "bronies" as they seem to be called in the show. I honestly don't remember if there was ever any male ponies in the G1 series of My Little Pony, I don't think there was though. I really like Twighlight Sparkle's big brother Shinning Armor. I hope I see more of him.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #69
gobo
Wacky Action

The wedding was the S2 finale. I still think that PPG was a more gender-neutral girls' show, but this one's pretty good too.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #70
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
The wedding was the S2 finale. I still think that PPG was a more gender-neutral girls' show, but this one's pretty good too.
I don't know that you could make a show that felt truely gender-neutral having main characters that are ponies. Everyone thinks of "the ultimate gift for little girls" whenever a pony is brough to mind. They are so associated with the female gender at a subconcious level in our heads that it would be virtually impossible to battle against.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #71
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
I don't know that you could make a show that felt truely gender-neutral having main characters that are ponies. Everyone thinks of "the ultimate gift for little girls" whenever a pony is brough to mind. They are so associated with the female gender at a subconcious level in our heads that it would be virtually impossible to battle against.
Welcome to the herd!! I am a Pegasister (that's what female fans are called but Brony has become more well known a word).

Never was a fan of the G1 series but I just can't get enough of FIM (which is G4). Can't wait for season 3 to see what all they think up!! I mean Season 2 had alot from pony Indiana Jones to even Batman.

As for Shining Armour. Before the season 2 finale Twilight had never even mentioned him! Her brother came totally out of left field. The gang had been to Canterlot a bunch of times and not once did Twilight mention "Oh yeah...there's my bro the head of the kingdom's guards!". Spike never even mentioned him and he was raised by Twilight from an egg.

Im hoping in season 3 they visit other places in the kingdom. Like Manehattan, Fillydelphia, Las Pegasus, and Baltimare.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #72
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

I got to give this show a shot. It looks cute.

Question, is their some hierarchy when it comes to the type of pony one is? Like are unicorn and pegasus ponies seen as better than earth ponies? And are the hybrid unicorn/pegasus ponies like the best? Because I noticed that royality or the powerful ponies are the hybred ones. Even though it doesn't seem big in the show, it just sort of seems like earth ponies are kinda at the bottom of the totem pole and the hybrid ones are at the top.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #73
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
Question, is their some hierarchy when it comes to the type of pony one is? Like are unicorn and pegasus ponies seen as better than earth ponies? And are the hybrid unicorn/pegasus ponies like the best?
The ponies are basically elementals. Each one has a task to perform. The Pegasi control the weather, the unicorns are basically magic based, the earth ponies help the animals and in the fall they have a race that helps the leaves fall off the trees. The main family of earth ponies are the Apple family. They are harvesters and Granny Smith (the head of the clan) founded Ponyville nearly 200 years ago.

The Alocorns (unicorns with wings) are the ruling class.

There are several episodes that explain the task each group performs. The 3 main groups (pegasi, earth, and unicorn) were once at odds with each other but several thousand years ago decided it would be best to work together. Celestia has ruled for a little over 1000 years. She controls the sun (without her it wouldn't rise) while her sister Luna (who went insane 1000 years ago) is in charge of the night elements.

There are other intellegent creatures tho. There are Buffalo (who represent Native Americans), Zebras, Donkey's (there's several that live in Ponyville), and Gryffins.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #74
zkarlette
Fashionably late

I used to be a MLP fan for a long time as a kid...
With all the new craze I tried watching the first ep two times already... Since it's streaming on Netflix and what not... But I haven't really gotten past that, am I missing something?
Old 06-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #75
Turo602
The King of Kings

Old 06-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #76
Frozen_Cereal
Thug

While I don't watch the show, I won't attack anyone for liking it. However, the bronies that push the show in people's faces and cause unnecessary trouble and arguments are likely targets for total annihilation. Here's hoping you guys aren't that way.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #77
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
I used to be a MLP fan for a long time as a kid...
With all the new craze I tried watching the first ep two times already... Since it's streaming on Netflix and what not... But I haven't really gotten past that, am I missing something?
It really is a good and intellegent show. There are some things that kids wouldn't understand. Inside jokes for the adult audience...like one ep had a couple scenes in a bowling ally that included pony versions of the cast of Big Lebowski... There are some background ponies that have become almost as popular as the mane cast and have been given names (and merchandise).

Like Doctor Whooves. His cutie mark (the images on their flanks/butt's) is an hourglass. It's not his official name it's just that he looks SOO much like David Tennant plus with the hour glass cutie mark...well he was dubbed Doctor Whooves. There's even fan films about him. *lol* The Cutie marks are basically things that show up in puberty and represent what the pony's special talent is.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #78
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Cereal View Post
While I don't watch the show, I won't attack anyone for liking it. However, the bronies that push the show in people's faces and cause unnecessary trouble and arguments are likely targets for total annihilation. Here's hoping you guys aren't that way.
This. Like whatever dumb sh*t you want, just don't push it on people. The biggest problem are the people who go to great lengths to justify watching it and the harder they try the less convincing they seem. Sadly, the majority of them seem to NEED to push it on people at every opportunity and it makes the entire fan community look absolutely pathetic.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #79
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

I've been watching some MLP: FiM every now and then, and there's something about this show that makes me wanna watch more of it.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #80
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
This. Like whatever dumb sh*t you want, just don't push it on people. The biggest problem are the people who go to great lengths to justify watching it and the harder they try the less convincing they seem. Sadly, the majority of them seem to NEED to push it on people at every opportunity and it makes the entire fan community look absolutely pathetic.
aren't most adult fandoms of childrens shows like that though? Turtles, Power Rangers, etc.