The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-21-2023, 02:36 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Alleged leaked storyboards from the new movie.

https://litter.catbox.moe/rp4up6.pdf
Edit:
Different link that still works, albeit in video: https://files.catbox.moe/vx0si1.mp4

This is an alleged leak of some storyboards for the new movie, not sure if it's real or an elaborate hoax, I once read a very elaborate fake script for Transformers 3. So just keep in mind that this might be fake, even if it might be convincing.

Here's what we get from this:
  • This scene seemingly takes place a while before the plot proper starts, with the Turtles seeming to be a bit younger.
  • The Turtles wish they could go to school and they only really know about it from pop culture (so presumably they started out as turtles).
  • April is an overweight school teacher.
  • The reason she let them into the school after hours is because she wants their help solving a mystery.
  • April has a wall of crazy and reveals that the Rat King is the villain of this movie (or at least has a part in it).
  • The Rat King might be crime boss or something.
  • The Turtles' only real interest in April is that this allows them to visit the school.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 01-23-2023 at 07:00 AM.
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:49 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If it's real and got leaked...someone is in trouuuuuble.

Real or not, Scene 008/Panel 32 was worth scrolling that far. Damn that bobble head.

If it's real, I await the reaction of April's fanboys.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:57 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
If it's real, I await the reaction of April's fanboys.
Oh yeah. If people didn't like what she looked like in Rise, they are going to hate this. She basically looks like if Rise April grew up to be a crazy cat lady with diabetes.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 03:03 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

IF it's legit, I wonder if this is also the first tease we'll get, but animated.

Also, I really despise "shook" used as present tense. Dammit, you aren't "shook," you're shaken.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-21-2023 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-21-2023, 03:43 PM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I hope this is fake. Enough with the ruining of April O Neil
Old 01-21-2023, 04:00 PM   #6
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Some Thoughts:

This seems too elaborate to be fake. It could still be changed in development, but I don't know about fake.

I do not like this all that much. Somehow the turtles come off as even YOUNGER than teenagers. The tone is all wrong.

"Shook" is too modern a slang word to ever feel right in a movie, least of all here. It's got "fellow kids" energy all over it.

Mikey's head apparently really IS that large. In that case, the hell?

"Modern" creators just really hate April, don't they? They just cannot stand a white, normally proportioned female, can they? It just HAS to be updated for "modern audiences."

It also seems that people have taken the whole "wants to fit in" aspect of the characters, and taken it way too far, turning it into teenage angsty high school movie then the more general sense of belonging that it used to be. This storyboard is a prime example of that. It feels like they somehow missed the point while also actively making it worse.

This plot feels like it would work better in a movie that wasn't a TMNT movie. But instead this is a TMNT movie and it feels all wrong.

Seriously, why is his head so big?! It's inexpilcable, and it looks stupid!
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:24 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was thinking the same, it's an awful lot of work for a hoax if it was one... so leaning toward not one. If it is a hoax, someone has WAY too much time on their hands and commendable patience for that many frames.

I like how some people were recently having a fit on Reddit (maybe elsewhere?) about people being negative when most of it was just totally valid critiques, esp about Mikey. Yeah, after seeing this...total valid. lol
Spoiler:

It's like it's begging to be a meme. I can only assume they were aiming for ridiculous with his proportions and know it looks weird?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Somehow the turtles come off as even YOUNGER than teenagers.
Yeah, maybe the real designs won't, but this makes them come across like 10-year-olds looking at a big kid school.

The dialogue in those frames that they could be going there soon... Is this a TMNT who are trying to turn human?

Also... "As far as April knows we're doing this because we hate crime and want to help the city, remember?" Enough with the dishonest, manipulative Leo angle... the last show did it enough.

Why do I feel like they could be trying to become human and then cause a big screw up for the city in the process.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-21-2023 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2023, 04:39 PM   #8
Turo602
The King of Kings

Yep, this is as terrible as I'd thought it'd be.
Old 01-21-2023, 04:39 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
April is an overweight school teacher.

Fat obese April? How did I know this was coming after black April?

Oh god, 200 pound fat tub of lard April now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:41 PM   #10
AquaParade
Banned

This is pretty much what I feared: when they say they are treating them as teenagers, they actually mean like little children. Teenagers would behave more like something out of “Freaks and Greks”, which is something Rogen should be aware of.

As for the writing, being aimed at children, I guess it’s fine. I think the turtles longing to be a part of the upside-world is fine but as a driving theme for the film, told through the lens of high school? It just seems like we’re veering pretty far from the core concept at this point.

Also, this appears to be early on and we already have exposition in the form of one turtle reminding another what the plot is (“remember we don’t want April to know blah blah blah…”)? That seems sort of weak.

Cool to see the Eastman nod and the writing isn’t bad overall. Just not really aimed at me I guess.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:44 PM   #11
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Well on the bright side if this is real and this is any indication of how this movie is going to go then we certainly won’t have to worry about a sequel happening
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 05:12 PM   #12
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I'm withholding judgment until a trailer comes out, which is the normal thing to do.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 05:28 PM   #13
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I'm withholding judgment until a trailer comes out, which is the normal thing to do.
It really isn't. When you've got information on what the characters will look and act like you make a reasonable estimate of whether any iteration will be to your taste or not.

The development of the Platinum Dunes movies is a good example. Every single step of the way fans could see the red flags. From Bay's initial reveal they were going to be aliens, to the Blue Door script leak, the casting of William Fichtner as the Shredder, leaks of the turtles designs and on and on. Every single time we were told "we should wait and see how it pans out before we complain" and then the movies just end up being a culmination of many of our worst fears.

Still it's a good thing we saw these things and judged them. It did prod Paramount and Platinum Dunes to alter their plans. As bad as those movies were they could have been a hell of a lot worse. Sadly I think they are very set on this direction regardless of what the fans think.

To be honest I'm starting to wonder if it's too late to forgive Michael Bay and beg him to come back.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 05:55 PM   #14
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
To be honest I'm starting to wonder if it's too late to forgive Michael Bay and beg him to come back.
Come on now, let's not say things we'll regret later. Clear your mind a little, take a breath, and let's talk about this reasonably.
Old 01-21-2023, 06:18 PM   #15
Roseangelo
Emperor

Wow. I hate this.

Please make sure you spread this around all your social media. Paramount filed copyright claims against the pictures that were leaked a few weeks ago on Facebook. They are trying to hide this ****, so put it everywhere.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 06:21 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

It kinda blows my mind Nick/Viacom continually greenlits new pitches for TMNT that are continually off-brand and they know deviates too much from the source material.

They played it safe with IDW and the 2012 cartoon, where they obviously had a lot of changes from the older series but still felt exactly like TMNT and the changes for their universes made sense. Now it's just...whatever goes I guess.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 06:30 PM   #17
Roseangelo
Emperor

It took a little time for me to get the right title in my head, but it feels like Rocko's Modern Life. Like, they literally turned the TMNT into NickToons.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 07:17 PM   #18
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Wow. I hate this.

Please make sure you spread this around all your social media. Paramount filed copyright claims against the pictures that were leaked a few weeks ago on Facebook. They are trying to hide this ****, so put it everywhere.
Way ahead of you. I've already downloaded this and the other pictures into my archive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They played it safe with IDW and the 2012 cartoon, where they obviously had a lot of changes from the older series but still felt exactly like TMNT and the changes for their universes made sense. Now it's just...whatever goes I guess.
That's what it is. 2012 was kid appropriate, but was still a pretty awesome cartoon. I know there are a lot of people who think TMNT should remain strictly for adults, but for my money, the 2012 cartoon was almost everything I would want a TMNT adaptation to be. (Almost, mostly because of the nonsense at the end).

But this? This is just straight up a kid's cartoon. And not in the "children can watch it, but so can adults, and we really wanted to make something special" kind of way, but in the "we don't respect children as an audience, they'll watch anything" kind of way. That's the feeling I'm getting. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm not sure I will be. I'm expecting a technically competent, paint by numbers animated movie with a plot we've seen a million times and a cast of characters that share the names but don't quite feel like the TMNT at all.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:47 PM   #19
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

After looking at these storyboards, what a travesty.

I didn't have much interest in seeing this to begin with but now I have zero interest.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:53 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

omg... wtf. So Rise of the TMNT was like the primer. Now we've arrived at super fat, black April.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tigerclawisashill