The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-16-2022, 12:48 AM   #221
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Unless they grow up to be those weirdos on pedophile watchlists who never mature and just consume garbage with a smile on their face because the kiddos enjoy it.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:31 AM   #222
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Welp

https://www.ign.com/articles/sonic-2...ever-in-the-us
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:34 AM   #223
Leo656
The Franchise

"Congratulations! You're the King of Sh*t Mountain!"

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 07:48 AM   #224
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
It didn't. People love garbage and that's exactly what this movie was. When the kids who enjoyed these films grow up, they're gonna realize how f*cking awful these movies were with their wasted potential. Unless they grow up to be those weirdos on pedophile watchlists who never mature and just consume garbage with a smile on their face because the kiddos enjoy it.
You say that on a TMNT forum....kinda ironic.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:58 PM   #225
Leo656
The Franchise

That does describe most TMNT fans rather succinctly, yes.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:14 PM   #226
CyberCubed
Overlord

Watching this now, what on earth is with the strong and proud fat black woman who can stomp over everything and act like she's loud and proud? Why do they always write black women like this in movies? Especially the fat ones? It's like every outdated stereotype of black women walking over men possible.

Rest of the movie is good and fun so far, I'm surprised how much i'm liking it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:23 PM   #227
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Watching this now, what on earth is with the strong and proud fat black woman who can stomp over everything and act like she's loud and proud? Why do they always write black women like this in movies? Especially the fat ones? It's like every outdated stereotype of black women walking over men possible.
I hate that stereotype (it's so disrespectful to black women...), and she was one of the things I hated most in the first one. Haven't seen the second, but I hear they expanded her role, even giving her a huge subplot... Ugh.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 03:17 AM   #228
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
I hate that stereotype (it's so disrespectful to black women...), and she was one of the things I hated most in the first one. Haven't seen the second, but I hear they expanded her role, even giving her a huge subplot... Ugh.
Yeah...the second movie doesn't focus on the humans as much but when they do, they're pretty unbearable to watch. Those scenes are the ones I would've cut out completely. It's like something out of a Madea movie. To the first movie's credit, the humans were actually somewhat amusing and the sister of Tom's wife was only in it for a little bit. Outside those scenes, the second movie is closer to the games than the first so there is that.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:21 AM   #229
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just don't know why they make the angry fat black woman a thing. The fat black middle age woman who will beat up every man and act loud and proud. She even does a slit throat maneuver with her finger insinuating her superiority over the weak an insecure man.

Who goes to see a Sonic movie to watch a fat black woman's wedding anyway? I mean it's only in the film for maybe 15 minutes total but those scenes drag the movie down to a snails pace. I can only think what the Japanese must think when this airs in Japan and they think blacks are all like this. God I feel so sorry for black people.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:51 PM   #230
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The movie will be released tomorrow digitally, and it will have a ton of special features, One of them is an animated short called Sonic Drone Home, Here's a little clip of it.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:58 PM   #231
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

You can now watch it on Paramount+
https://www.paramountplus.com/movies...PPI-16-10aba0h
Old 05-25-2022, 04:41 AM   #232
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I was not able to see this in theaters (not COVID-19 related) so I saw it on Paramount +. Thought it was a great follow up.

Unpopular opinion but I liked the human character scenes. I thought they were funny including Rachel. They were worked in quite well actually. Not just filler. Overall I laughed more than I thought I would.

What’s this “garbage” talk? It’s faithful to the source material. I mean the differences between the games are perfectly reasonable. Nothing wrong with changing it up a bit.

I could have done without a few jokes I thought kind of interfere with the moment but I’m not gonna hold it against it. My only real complaint is no Crush 40/game music. It would have been cool to hear.

Thoughts on the movie itself...

Spoiler:
First those soldiers in the beginning that came through the ring. Some YouTube comments say they’re from the prequel comic. They gather Warriors. I haven’t read it but that’s interesting.

I think Longclaw could still be alive. Her secret message was left just in case but it’s not confirmed she’s gone.

I honestly got a little tearful for Knuckles during the scene when they finally become friends. He was so sad...I don’t care if it’s nerdy

If Jim Carrey is really retiring for awhile I think Agent Stone could be a good replacement for a movie or two. He disguised himself as a GUN soldier at the very end and he’s certainly loyal to Robotnik.

I like Shadow (I have his plushie ) but I would have preferred Metal Sonic first. I guess they could both appear but he’s not really part of the SA2 story.

That’s it for now. I’m sure I’ll think of more after it sinks in and I see it again.