The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-05-2021, 05:27 PM   #9081
Leo656
The Franchise

I honestly don't even think Halloween will still be a thing in like 25 years. Like the grown-ups will still do costume parties but I think Trick Or Treat will definitely be gone and I think unless the house in question is having a party then they won't even bother decorating.

There's multiple reasons for it but it just doesn't seem to even matter anymore to most people. I can't see a big resurgence on the horizon, I think it's only going to become further diminished as time goes on.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 05:50 PM   #9082
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, even if no one celebrated anymore, that won't stop those of us who enjoy the decorating part. No more than the end of Christmas as a celebration would stop that brand of decorating fanatics from doing their thing.

There's still props I'd always wanted to somehow make, it can't be over yet.

With some of the decorating I used to do years ago, still one of the biggest honors to me is that there are people out there whose family photos and memories of their kids when they were little (probably all in their 20s now) include my Halloween setup. Miss those days.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-05-2021 at 05:58 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:25 PM   #9083
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

We did both with the boys. Trunk or Treated at my sister's church and then after walked around our neighborhood.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:50 PM   #9084
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Is it typical of Trunk or Treat to charge people who want to hand out candy?

Sister took my nephew to one held on Saturday. She considered handing out candy too, but decided to pass this year after seeing it cost $10 to be allowed to hand out the candy you bought.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:08 AM   #9085
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I've never heard of that. The trunk or treat events in our town are church sponsored and watched, so pretty safe, I assume. Basically it's members of those churches planning and holding the events in their church parking lot or in the town square where everyone knows who is who so nothing hinky can happen without it being immediately caught. I think they even have cops in attendanc, from what I understand of them. But it's a small town, and in a fairly rural area, so make of that what you will.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:38 PM   #9086
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Assuming it was one or more kids... whoever did it and their parents who don't raise them better both/all need a sharp beating. People who think it's okay for them or their kid to purposely damage merchandise that doesn't belong to them shouldn't even be allowed out in public. Given the limited range of damage, I suspect it was all the same individual/group.

* Card that comes with a little gift pet tag... tear it off then bend up the card and stuff it into the side of the display as if it won't be noticed.

* Just throw two sound cards (both the same one) where ever... after sticking the pet tag to on of them, causing it to tear off a spot when I try to remove it.

* Take popup sound card out of its cardboard envelop. Nearly TEAR off the whole upper portion of said card. Throw it down anywhere.

* Tear another small card, which given the size of the tear and the bend in thick paper it was clearly with effort and on purpose.

So #&$* whatever human piece of garbage did this, I don't care if they're frigging 8. Definitely no toddler or 5-year-old though, a couple of the cards in question would have been out of reach for a young kid unless another was handing it to them.

People irk me now and then with crap they do and it's bad enough recent times kids have ruined cards or sticker books by stealing stickers out of them so now they'll never sell...but to this extent I just wish I could find out who it was and make them (or their crap parent) pay for all of it. And yell at their s*** kids if it was in fact a child.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-15-2021 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-21-2021, 02:13 AM   #9087
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

people need to mind their own damn business and stop shaming people who make different life choices than they do, especially if that choice is to not have children. One of my friends came to me for a shoulder to cry on when on her mother's birthday she got ganged up on by her two older sisters, her grandmother, Aunt and cousins about her choice not to ever become a mother. Last year after her family pestering her about when her and her husband are going to have kids (they have been married only a year, and they started up asking about kids after only three months after they got married). Everyone is her family has been so persistent that she and her husband felt they had to come clean about their mutual decision not to have kids. It didn't go over well.

Now every other time there is a get together with her family my friend gets crap (with the exception of her Mom) from pretty much all the women in her family. My friend says they have put her through hell. She knew that they would not take her and her husband being child free very well because her family are pretty child obsessed, but she didn't think they would be this nasty. She said she left her Mom's birthday party before it was over because the topic of her choice. Her two older sister's are particularly nasty saying that her husband is going to cheat on her and leave her for a woman who will give him a baby. Asking her if she is "in the closet" because a straight woman would never want to miss out having kids (her family are pretty religious and are pretty homophobic). So she got out of there. Her Mom, though sad with her choice respects it, and texted her an apology.

My friend said that her family shoving the glories of motherhood down her throat growing up was one of the reasons she eventually got turned off to being one. She also does not think she has it in her to be a a mother. She also has struggled in the past with depression and she honestly does not think she has it in her to be a mother. The way her family treat motherhood she finds it horrific and she really wants no part in it. She actually believes she would be a terrible Mother and doesn't want to mess up a vulnerable human being by not being entirely emotionally available for it. She says her cousin in particular probably should not have been a mother, or at the very least should not have has as many kids as she did. She says her cousin is always strained and sometimes takes it out on her 5 kids, she nearly had her kids taken from her and put into foster care because of her issues.

She showed me some Texts she has gotten from some of her family and they are disgusting. People need to just respect that parenthood isn't for everyone. In fact I really admire people who can say, "hey, kids are not for me, I am not going to do that." Because honestly nothing can screw up a human being more than a parent who doesn't really want them. Her family are acting like she is a bad person because she is married and doesn't want to have kids.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #9088
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wow, what gross people. I guess they don't value a woman for anything more than her uterus and would miss IT more than her should she have enough of it and walk out of their lives.

edit: Imagine having to have a hysterectomy for some reason. "Hey, Doc, can you bag it up so I can take it home? My family members might want to give it a funeral."

Makes me grateful that with the nonsense I deal with some of these people over here, it isn't that kind.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:47 AM   #9089
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, that sh*t sucks. My wife gets SOME of that from her Mom but now that we're getting older it's less common. We're not rich, and also, we keep getting dogs. So the parenting issue's mostly gone away. She does whine about wanting grandkids, but some of my wife's cousins have kids so she can mess with them if she wants.

Very annoying, though. I'm sure it's much worse for women but I occasionally get some heat for it, too.

Old 11-22-2021, 04:49 PM   #9090
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
When you hear and feel the house jolt, not knowing what caused it, and then later other people in the county and even nearby states are reporting similar or hearing a loud boom and 7 hours later you still have no idea what the hell that was...
edit: Well I guess the mystery from yesterday has been solved.

Soo... it seams that some idiots were target practicing in a field. They set up an explosive, estimated at supposedly up to 100 pounds of Tannerite (2 lb is the recommended maximum??) next to an abandoned car and shot the target with a rifle, destroying the car and sending debris of it across 3 acres, resulting in a wide area of people feeling and/or hearing the explosion. It was about 20 or so miles from me and felt the jolt from it.

Supposedly the idiots have been identified and charges pending. It's people like this who can't be adults about it who should not be allowed to get their hands on guns. They did it on farm land, so assuming it is acres that are in use, someone is going to be real pleased with chunks of a car strewn across their property and what that could do to their equipment.... I think part of the punishment should be picking up every piece of it throughout the winter.

11/29 -- Stupid skunk strikes again. You'd think the damn thing exploded across the whole front half of our house WTF. It has been bad before and has one previously woken us up because the stench seeped in through the closed windows (guess they're a little drafty), but normally we don't still smell it out there the next day. Now it's almost 13 hours since that stench woke me up last night and it STILL strongly reeks outside when I got home.

I thought this damn thing was spraying between the houses near our bedroom windows, but when I checked I don't even smell it that much over there. So wtf with me even smelling it in my own room that is at the back of the house.

Normally I'd never condone wishing to harm anything, but this crap has happened enough times now, this being the worst time yet while previous times were also quite bad, I'm starting to wish to put on a hazmat suit and wait for it to show up and give it a good beating with a broom. I hate this stupid creature.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-29-2021 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:04 AM   #9091
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Grind... the Outlook app on my work device deciding to s*** the bed at random and refuse to work. Started yesterday.

All I get is a blank white screen. Have cleared cache a few times, restated a few times, updated Outlook, checked for device updates or even speculated that a recent one might have made a version of the app defunked, but there weren't any. Nothing I try does any good.

Of course it chooses to do this during the busiest time of year for us and I really NEED to be able to access work messages and important info for coming weeks.

CUTE.
Old 12-05-2021, 11:11 AM   #9092
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

On a holiday trip to another city, and the moment I step outside my hotel, I'm hit by the foul stench of cigarettes everywhere. Now it's not an issue with this city exclusively, but I hate it nonetheless.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 04:00 PM   #9093
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
There was a transformer I have been wanting Kingdom Tigatron and for 2 months I have been checking amazon and nothing but scalper sellers.

I checked just a few minutes ago and I found one on Amazon Warehouse deal for $20.88 I never clicked add to cart faster in my life.

Got that figure he was mint on card box was damaged. As soon as I freed him from the twist ties and was moving his joints the head/tiger head fell off. Part of the head was chipped and I can't transform him.

His broken head stays on in robot mode and Amazon is refunding me and I can keep the figure. Now the long wait to get another one.
Old 12-17-2021, 08:52 PM   #9094
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When it's December and the electric goes out around 3:45pm for several hours. Sitting around in a dark and chilly house, fun times.

Had plans with a friend and left the house shortly before 7:30 and still dark...though luckily the holiday train ride was warm and the little station near my house had electricity, literally right outside the blackout zone.

Never been so grateful to see people's houses with the lights on when I was headed home.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:03 PM   #9095
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

My only one Christmas complaint...

When there was something you had wanted back in October and suggested it as a gift but it sold out fast and never showed up again and then hadn't been able to find it elsewhere, not even online, and then your mom manages to find (via internet) one store in Chicago that actually does have it.... but because your sister "also likes the Halloween stuff," even though she hadn't been looking for this piece, she's not only given one too, but she opened hers first.

I'd suspected she'd found it, and, being the one who put stuff under the tree, even was right about which box...and that there appeared to be two based on the same size and weight. Tried to tuck my sister's in a bit more in case I was right, but no, my nephew who was busy pulling things out pulled hers out first.

Sounds like my mom didn't want my sister to feel envious of not getting one, as if this girl isn't allowed to NOT have something once in a while. (Eesh, they all JUST went to frigging FL, Disney, etc without me...but spare her envy over a Halloween village house?) And I'm the one who had been collecting some of these pieces years go, back before they got so expensive, not her. Cripe, she had already gotten a different one before Halloween, that her husband bought, when I missed the chance to get the one I'd wanted.

Normally I'm not the sort that cares much if someone else also has something, but that one bugged me, esp after her opening first spoiled it.

Anyway... but just that one slight Christmas rant. The rest is all good.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:50 AM   #9096
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

My grind- first day back to work after taking a couple of days off due to a foot injury, to rest it and go see a doctor (it was hurting for two weeks as of Friday) and then my weekend/holiday off. Wearing a medical boot on my bad foot- it's an overstretched tendon, just as I had suspected- and I feel like I'm dragging around a lead weight. It's heavy, uncomfortable, screws up my balance, and it tends to slide on the floors here at work. This thing is definitely going to be a pain in my rear!

Old 12-29-2021, 10:02 PM   #9097
Leo656
The Franchise

Indigo: My wife's mom is like that, kinda. Anything my wife gets, or does, she "magically" gets or does the same thing, if not similar. She had a regular desktop computer until my wife got a laptop, THEN she immediately went out and got a laptop. Before that, it was "pointless" since she already had a computer that suited her needs just fine. My wife gets a cell phone, her mom gets one with more memory or whatever. We get an air conditioner, she gets one that's a little bit more powerful despite her room being smaller. And so on.

People are weird like that with their passive-aggressive envy nonsense.

Old 12-31-2021, 02:55 PM   #9098
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, either envy as you say, or in some cases people who don't have enough of their own identity and/or trust in their own decisions so they want to be just like someone else. My mom can be a little like that sometimes with my sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
My grind- first day back to work after taking a couple of days off due to a foot injury, to rest it and go see a doctor (it was hurting for two weeks as of Friday) and then my weekend/holiday off. Wearing a medical boot on my bad foot- it's an overstretched tendon, just as I had suspected- and I feel like I'm dragging around a lead weight. It's heavy, uncomfortable, screws up my balance, and it tends to slide on the floors here at work. This thing is definitely going to be a pain in my rear!
Hope it's feeling a little better. And that the boot doesn't just make something else hurt by changing how you have to walk on it, etc. (Did that recently after having a knee wrapped up for awhile, ya just can't win.)
Old 01-03-2022, 01:52 PM   #9099
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Twitter has gone Soft. Twitter has implemented this Are you sure you wanna tweet this nonsense. where any tweet they think might not be kosher they stop and ask before you post it. I got that with my recent tweet that was saying Karen's suck and using WTH (What The Hell)
Old 01-06-2022, 06:11 AM   #9100
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Managers asking me to do things I shouldn't be doing while under doctor's orders to stay off my foot while it heals. Yesterday they had me running around, bagging hash browns, brewing tea and iced coffee (which requires lifting and moving heavy tea and ice coffee urns), making the specialty drinks, and getting miscellaneous items to stock. All while also taking orders, which I can do from a stool, but the rest requires standing and moving around frequently. S, now my foot is nearly back to square one on the healing process. Had to soak it in a hot bath with Epsom salts for over two hours last night. And then this morning it was hurting pretty bad again, worse than it's been since last week. They should know I can't do all that crap right now! That was the whole point of having me on the front counter where at least I can sit on the stool to take orders!