The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #281
Warhorse
Emperor

Keep it up guys, with the way things are going, this will be another thread locked.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #282
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

I think everyone already knows why the leery crowd is so upset. I mean its so damn obvious. You guys hate on this movie all day long as if you've got no significant other or job and claim to hate everything about the movie claiming it has no chance and write it off as a failure before you even see it. That is without a doubt dumber than anything in this movie.

Its like you go to your friends house and you ask them, hey have you seen the new tmnt movie? And your friend says no. So you say good, dont waste your time, its the stupidest, idiotic drawn out movie with no plot, and boring as hell. Plust the acting in it is unbearable. So your friend asks, oh have you seen it? And you say, nope......

what the hell kind of sense does this make? Voltron is right, haters gonna hate.
just glad im not a leery person for this film cause otherwise id feel like my life would have no meaning seeing as how id have nothing better to do then come on to the movie threads that I loathe so much. Geez. There is a fine line between wanting a discussion and just right out hating something. Ecpeacially something most claim they wont watch but would rather spend night and day complaining about it. Its sad really. Kinda feel sorry for you guys, but then again if this is how you choose to spend your life onthings you hate instead of things you like, who am I to judge?

but wait, I forgot, judgement without actual knowledge is the way of life on these forums apparently.......

Goddamn will the bickering ever stop on these forums?
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #283
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

I just got back on the forum, and this thread went from being civil to an war-zone. What the hell is the problem??
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #284
terrorblade
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I just got back on the forum, and this thread went from being civil to an war-zone. What the hell is the problem??
Commenter 42 happened.
terrorblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #285
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
We have people from both sides of the aisle getting ready to have a red wedding on this thread, GOT style.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #286
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorblade View Post
Commenter 42 happened.
Pretty much this.....yea....
Old 08-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #287
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
I think everyone already knows why the leery crowd is so upset. I mean its so damn obvious. You guys hate on this movie all day long as if you've got no significant other or job and claim to hate everything about the movie claiming it has no chance and write it off as a failure before you even see it. That is without a doubt dumber than anything in this movie.

Its like you go to your friends house and you ask them, hey have you seen the new tmnt movie? And your friend says no. So you say good, dont waste your time, its the stupidest, idiotic drawn out movie with no plot, and boring as hell. Plust the acting in it is unbearable. So your friend asks, oh have you seen it? And you say, nope......

what the hell kind of sense does this make? Voltron is right, haters gonna hate.
just glad im not a leery person for this film cause otherwise id feel like my life would have no meaning seeing as how id have nothing better to do then come on to the movie threads that I loathe so much. Geez. There is a fine line between wanting a discussion and just right out hating something. Ecpeacially something most claim they wont watch but would rather spend night and day complaining about it. Its sad really. Kinda feel sorry for you guys, but then again if this is how you choose to spend your life onthings you hate instead of things you like, who am I to judge?

but wait, I forgot, judgement without actual knowledge is the way of life on these forums apparently.......
People are taking this movie thing way too seriously, from what I understand from the good reviews outside design and dress the turtles themselves are pretty much in line with past versions of the turtles. And if this movie ends up with TR ratings of 40% or matches the first movie's 45% rating then what? For the most part critics have given more leeway to other comic book movies(unless they're really bad like the Captain America movie from the 1990s) than turtles flicks.
voltron80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #288
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron80 View Post
People are taking this movie thing way too seriously, from what I understand from the good reviews outside design and dress the turtles themselves are pretty much in line with past versions of the turtles. And if this movie ends up with TR ratings of 40% or matches the first movie's 45% rating then what? For the most part critics have given more leeway to other comic book movies(unless they're really bad like the Captain America movie from the 1990s) than turtles flicks.
I agree........
Old 08-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #289
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron80 View Post
How dare you, sir?!?!

Old 08-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #290
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboss74 View Post
Give me a break.
It just seems like Critics have it out for anything Ninja Turtles or Michael Bay. I really hope this is not the case but how could so many people think the movie is so great and the few critics who review the movie basically call it garbage?
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #291
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmaga123 View Post
It just seems like Critics have it out for anything Ninja Turtles or Michael Bay. I really hope this is not the case but how could so many people think the movie is so great and the few critics who review the movie basically call it garbage?
Well, while I wasn't born at the time, if I recall my parents telling me, critics were once not caring about sci/fi movies like Star Wars, or mind f**k movies like The Shining. Maybe right now, we are in the era where the critics are just dumping on any movie based on a boy's action figurine.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #292
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Well, while I wasn't born at the time, if I recall my parents telling me, critics were once not caring about sci/fi movies like Star Wars, or mind f**k movies like The Shining. Maybe right now, we are in the era where the critics are just dumping on any movie based on a boy's action figurine.
Yeah and this really sucks because as stupid as is sounds many people get deterred from watching movies just from reading RT scores in fact I have a friend who refuses to watch any movie at the theater if it doesn't get a 60% or higher on RT its ridiculous.
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #293
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Well, hey, at least they couldn't possibly botch it as bad as Godzilla starring Matthew Broderick.

....wait, I'm seeing Godzilla starring Matthew Broderick in theaters a week after TMNT. But it'll be Riff Trax Live, so
Old 08-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #294
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Another review:

4 out of 10

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/rev...ll-of-a-movie/

Quote:
As someone who was excited for a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, even moreso after seeing the trailers and TV spots, this was thoroughly disappointing. Director Jonathan Liebesman seems to do his best with the script that he was given, but at the same time, with Clash of the Titans and Wrath of the Titans in the filmmaker's past, I'm left wondering if this is just a case of two wrongs not even coming close to making a right. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles doesn't make any sense, and is nothing more than a half-shell attempt to cash in on the reputation of the iconic crimefighters. Slick action, striking special effects and lead characters who stay true to the source material aren't enough to save this film from ultimately being an unfortunate waste of time and resources.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #295
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmaga123 View Post
Truthfully? The best movies in the franchise were made at a time when comic book movies weren't "a thing" and ridiculous premises like this were really hard to swallow. I was 6 when the movie came out so it was right up my alley. The CGI film is the only one that really stood a fair chance, and it was a very flawed, albeit fun movie, and I think the low rating it got is completely fair, because I know my enjoyment of the film is skewed as a huge Turtles fan. This film, however? I don't think critics are out to slam it whatsoever. I think there's never been a better time to release a TMNT movie. It doesn't mean it's a death sentence if the movie fails with critics, it would just mean that those who enjoy it need to accept that it's flawed and that their fandom is clouding their judgement, just as I do with the 2007 film.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #296
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Hey guys! I got busy doing some stuff around the house. So how's the Rotten Tomatoes sco--

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
Besmirching the good name of J.D. Salinger's son? I will not stand for it!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #297
supermanbatm4n
Random Punk

This thread should end with this statement: Stop caring about reviews, that goes for any type of media be it movies or video games, like what you like, and **** what everyone else thinks, I cannot base my life around what other people like and dont like, I choose to spend my money how I choose to and I am watching the ninja turtles movie because it was a big part of my childhood and it looks like a fun movie to watch, instead of arguing we should be celebrating the fact that TMNT has lasted 30 years and still going strong with an amazing animated show on Nick for a new generation to see what we experienced instead of most of the garbage kid shows these days...FIN
supermanbatm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:27 PM   #298
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanbatm4n View Post
This thread should end with this statement: Stop caring about reviews, that goes for any type of media be it movies or video games, like what you like, and **** what everyone else thinks, I cannot base my life around what other people like and dont like, I choose to spend my money how I choose to and I am watching the ninja turtles movie because it was a big part of my childhood and it looks like a fun movie to watch, instead of arguing we should be celebrating the fact that TMNT has lasted 30 years and still going strong with an amazing animated show on Nick for a new generation to see what we experienced instead of most of the garbage kid shows these days...FIN
I would argue that one could care about critics' opinions and still be capable of making up their own mind.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #299
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorViolence View Post
Truthfully? The best movies in the franchise were made at a time when comic book movies weren't "a thing" and ridiculous premises like this were really hard to swallow. I was 6 when the movie came out so it was right up my alley. The CGI film is the only one that really stood a fair chance, and it was a very flawed, albeit fun movie, and I think the low rating it got is completely fair, because I know my enjoyment of the film is skewed as a huge Turtles fan. This film, however? I don't think critics are out to slam it whatsoever. I think there's never been a better time to release a TMNT movie. It doesn't mean it's a death sentence if the movie fails with critics, it would just mean that those who enjoy it need to accept that it's flawed and that their fandom is clouding their judgement, just as I do with the 2007 film.
Very well put sir.....
Old 08-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #300
Warhorse
Emperor

Didn't the Nick toon actually get nominated for the Daytime Emmy's. So, the critics aren't always hating on them.

Tags
reviews