The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

TMNT Entity: my new site for Comic reviews and guides

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/

And if you want to just look at the reviews issue-by-issue instead of scrolling back through updates, check out the Archie Directory.

So since I finally completed my Archie collection, and I own practically every other TMNT comic in existence in one form or another, I figured I'd put my resources to good use and put together a comic guide with individual reviews for each issue.

What I hope to do that'll eventually set it apart from the guide at the official site is to have a hell of a lot of cross-referencing. That way, if you're wondering how one event connects to a previous or future one, or when a certain character appears again, it'll all be handilly located in the "Turtle Tips" section.

I figured I'd start with the Archie series, since I haven't read most of those issues, particularly after #25. What I also hope to accomplish is fit all the specials and minis in-between the issues of the main title where they belong, ordering a coherent timeline much in the vein of my Mirage Continuity Timeline. But that'll have to wait until I get to those issues.

I also intend to add scans of selected pages and panels later on to add some *oomph*, but that'll have to wait since scanning is time-consuming.

For now, I've completed the first TMNT Adventures Miniseries and the first 13 issues of the on-going.

Let me know what you think.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Brilliant.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Thanks!

I'm hoping to have all the Archies done by the time Forever War comes out. I've got about six months.

I'm kind of dreading the other publishers, though. Mirage, Image, Darkhorse, Fantographics and tons of weird-o little publishers with a jillion comics, minicomics, anthology specials and the same material reprinted across multiple publishers...

It's gonna be a hassle.

Save for the Ninjara story being published by Antarctic Press and Radio Comix in Furrlough (which I simply stuck under the Archie banner since that's the only place it matters) and Mirage publishing the upcoming Forever War, the Archie stuff is the easiest to list and work out, it seems.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:36 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Wanted to do the same thing, but lack the time. You're as scholarly as you are thorough.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE

Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Post 77

-->> Deff' wanna look into this !!

Thanks for posting this !!
.. i'll make the time to check ..

f7ck i'll do it now. >v<

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #6
tOkKa

Cool 666

-->> MARK .. YOU GOTTA KICK A55 GHOSTBUSTERS BLOG AS WELL !!

SH7T !!

>v<

Old 06-30-2008, 01:39 AM   #7
tOkKa

Question 666

-->> ** Went and added it to my news round-up on Mikey's

..>v<

Old 06-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #8
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Thanks!

That reminds me, I really haven't been paying much attention to my Ghostbusters site. Between the horror movie site, the TMNT site, manga translations and the Godzilla site I'm working on, I forgot all about it.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:22 AM   #9
jignat
Foot Soldier

So is this site dead?

There hasn't been any update in roughly 1 year.
It was one of the few sites that had info on mirage, Archie, and Image.

Dr. Spengler, any news?
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:43 PM   #10
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignat View Post
So is this site dead?

There hasn't been any update in roughly 1 year.
It was one of the few sites that had info on mirage, Archie, and Image.

Dr. Spengler, any news?
Yo!

TMNT Entity is on a Volume 4-style "hiatus".

Between my dayjob and my writing career, I haven't had the chance to keep up with reviews, anymore. I've tried to maintain the catalog of issues as some folks pointed out, since I still buy everything and read it, but that's the most I've been able to do. IDW has picked up the slack and begun maintaining and publishing a reading order, so my Continuity Timeline isn't as vital now as it used to be back in the day.

I kept it going on a regular basis for 10 solid years, so it had a good run. I think even in hiatus it still offers a functional resources to the runs I cataloged, summarized and reviewed completely, such as Mirage and Archie. I turned off the comments because they were getting spammed and I couldn't keep up with approving and publishing them.

I learned a lot while working on that site and had a great time doing it! I'm happy other folks enjoyed it, too! Thanks!
Old 03-05-2021, 06:09 PM   #11
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Yo!

Hah, that's a fitting way to put it!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:33 PM   #12
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yo!

That makes me sad. I totally get it, but that still makes me sad. TMNT Entity is one of my favorite sites. I was especially looking forward to the reviews of the 2012 series, but I guess they, like whatever the heck Laird was planning for Volume 4, will never come to pass. Anyways good luck on your actual career! If there were a medal of honor for TMNT fans you'd have earned it by now.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 06:53 AM   #13
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I think even in hiatus it still offers a functional resources to the runs I cataloged, summarized and reviewed completely, such as Mirage and Archie.
It's very useful indeed, whenever I need to know the content of an issue I check your site (or the "back issue bins" section on the Mirage site). Good luck for your career!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:52 PM   #14
2K3
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Yo!

Between my dayjob and my writing career, I haven't had the chance to keep up with reviews, anymore. I've tried to maintain the catalog of issues as some folks pointed out, since I still buy everything and read it, but that's the most I've been able to do. IDW has picked up the slack and begun maintaining and publishing a reading order, so my Continuity Timeline isn't as vital now as it used to be back in the day.

I kept it going on a regular basis for 10 solid years, so it had a good run. I think even in hiatus it still offers a functional resources to the runs I cataloged, summarized and reviewed completely, such as Mirage and Archie. I turned off the comments because they were getting spammed and I couldn't keep up with approving and publishing them.

I learned a lot while working on that site and had a great time doing it! I'm happy other folks enjoyed it, too! Thanks!
Understandable buddy; I will say this. You're the reason I got into the IDW TMNT comics, and for that, you have my sincere gratitude.
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:46 AM   #15
Sharman
Foot Soldier

Quote:

I just hope it doesn't vanish - it has come in rather handy for me on several occasions!
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:20 AM   #16
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

I think he's been busy with writing comics of his own. I do miss the blog,thou.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:35 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

He probably lost interest and/or got too busy with real life work. And he helps write comics.

Besides that I remember him saying he was robbed and had to move apartments around his last update, granted that was probably 3-4 years ago now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 01:31 PM   #18
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Interesting thing is the site keeps updating to add all the new IDW comics, they're just not clickable because he hasn't covered them yet. Like I'm surprised he'd even doing that, I don't know how or when he'll find the time to go back, read and review nearly 100 comics.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:47 PM   #19
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Interesting thing is the site keeps updating to add all the new IDW comics, they're just not clickable because he hasn't covered them yet. Like I'm surprised he'd even doing that, I don't know how or when he'll find the time to go back, read and review nearly 100 comics.
100 issues? How many issues are there in total of IDW (including all the offshoots/side comics)?

I really miss reading the 2003 reviews on TMNTEntity. Going back to read them as I rewatch the show currently, very funny and well written reviews
Old 03-05-2021, 04:16 PM   #20
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
100 issues? How many issues are there in total of IDW (including all the offshoots/side comics)?

I really miss reading the 2003 reviews on TMNTEntity. Going back to read them as I rewatch the show currently, very funny and well written reviews
Including Urban Legends and the comic series tied to the 2012 and Rise cartoons, there's about 330 - 350 individual issues published by IDW thus far and Dr Spengler hasn't added any new reviews since the Macro issues back in late 2018, so he probably does have about 100 issues to catch up on.