The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #61
dragonside
Hench Mutant

hahah he reminds me of myself. that comic book unfocused guy... ahhhhh Mikey!
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #62
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

I liked this version of Mikey, he was very hillarious. I'll admit I thought he was kinda dumb when I was younger, but I like him better now.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #63
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Imo the 2k3 Mikey is my favorite. Always makes me laugh when the other turtles slap him in the head
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #64
MikLeo
Thug

I find him more annoying than hate.
MikLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #65
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
Imo the 2k3 Mikey is my favorite. Always makes me laugh when the other turtles slap him in the head
lol i found it funny one time where Mikey boasts about battle nexus, then Raph goes to slap him on the head. Leo stops him and then Leo slaps Mikey on the head.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #66
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I liked 2K3 Mikey until he won the Battle Nexus. After that he became a huge jerk, and I also hated how he'd be taught lessons and then forget about them by the next episode that basically dealt with the same thing. So horrible.
Nothing wrong with him.

The turtles kick butt, yes. But being considered the greatest warriors of all time and space, not really.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #67
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Honestly, I love this version of Mikey. I always laughed at his antics and to me, he has more personality than any other version of the character, more so than the comics where he was least focused on. He always represented the typical fun-loving brother who knows how to make a person smile (when he's not annoying them). He was always like the Flash of the group, being the most light-hearted of the team compared to his brothers. This Mikey is a combination of everything from the previous incarnations (Mirage, 87, Movies, Archie). To me, I think his personality is much needed in this show for there needs to be someone who can keep the series in a happier mood.

Mikey is relatable to me in this series because he's always that person who may be seen as annoying on the outside but always tries to do his best either by making a person happy or by being there for others. He knows when it's time to be serious, regardless of whether he shows it or not.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 PM   #68
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Worst version ever.... He was okay in season 1- 2, but after that he became so irritating for me to watch. Not only was he very annoying, but he became such an insensitive and narcissistic character in the later seasons. I almost stopped watching this version because of him. He just lacks to much heart in this incarnation, and it just got even worst in FF and BTS.

I can love every other version of Mikey expect for this one. I just hated how they enforced the idea that he was secretly better than his brothers, because it just infatuated his ego as each episode went on. Not only that, his constant insults at raph were sometimes just flat-out mean... I mean raph did throw insults at others himself, but at-least he knew when to stop.

Last edited by Xiewin; 06-03-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:16 PM   #69
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I'm sure it's been said a lot, but I was fine with him in the beginning. After he won the nexus thing, though...woof.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:39 PM   #70
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I'm sure it's been said a lot, but I was fine with him in the beginning. After he won the nexus thing, though...woof.
I don't even think it was the Nexus thing. I do agree he's a lot more tolerable in the first two seasons (I even remember chuckling at a few scenes involving him), but his main issue is consistent throughout the series -- he's the delivery vehicle for every single one of the series' jokes. It's just that, for some reason, those jokes tend to be occasionally funny near the beginning of the series, and jaw-droppingly terrible later on.

And, I guess, there's an increasing focus on his own narcissism and immaturity. That's pretty irritating.

But, yeah. Still the worst version of the character by heads and shoulders. Most Michelangelos are charming and sensitive. This one's just an asshole.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:00 AM   #71
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

lmao what even is this thread

2k3 Mikey is hands-down the best version of him. He has actual depth, remains funny just like in almost ALL versions, but he has a very flawed personality which only adds more charm to him? He cracks jokes and not always at the most appropriate of times ["Leatherhead was like a raging wolverine!"] because he wants to see the humour in every situation instead because god damn it somebody on this team needs to. He likes standing out from a crowd and that isn't always easy when you have three brothers and one sensei to hold the attention of. He's also observant and knows how to push his brothers' buttons to get what he wants out of them. 2k3 Mikey has the emotional keen eye that a manipulative bastard could possess.

He only drew attention to himself after winning the Battle Nexus because HE WON SOMETHING, he got to be the brother with a distinguishing feature for once, and god damn it he was proud of it. He is an attention-seeker, he wants validation, and when he gets enough of it, he stops. Or did you need that spelt out for you in a character-focus episode that everyone who wasn't a fan of him would have called 'filler'? I'm beginning to think it might have actually been necessary considering how many people forgot that he STOPPED begging for attention over his victory after a little while. That phase [yes, phase, he is a teenager after all] was temporary.

I'd wager a guess and say that the vocal minority that doesn't like him wishes he was more like some other version of the character instead, but I'm honestly not sure what version that would be. The 87 version was cute and funny as well, but more one-track minded; always with the pizza. The 90's films version was amazing, but I don't think he got enough screentime for most people to really miss all that much? So I have no clue. Did you guys get butthurt over lack of combat coldcuts? What is 2k3 Mikey missing? Do I need to go hunting for each of his character establishing moments or have I spelt enough of it out?
Old 06-03-2014, 04:24 AM   #72
pennydreadful
trash

Hehe, I kid.

Seriously though, I get why some people find 2k3 Mikey a bit much, but I still think he's a big sweetheart. He just gets overexcited sometimes - he is still a teenager, after all. All teens get a little narcissistic at times. He has a good heart.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:59 AM   #73
Blackeyedsonic
Hero of möbius and Earth

I don't know I found him funny and I loved when he won the battle nexsus
Blackeyedsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:21 AM   #74
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeyedsonic View Post
I don't know I found him funny and I loved when he won the battle nexsus
same here, I think Mikey 2003 is awesome.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #75
Blackeyedsonic
Hero of möbius and Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
same here, I think Mikey 2003 is awesome.
That's cool I don't think mikey gets enufe creadit
Old 06-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #76
Shiro Kame

Quote:
That's cool I don't think mikey gets enufe creadit
Yeah, I especially found him fun and cute in the last season, especially in "SuperQuest". (Hey, I'm a girl. I find hyperactive bipedal animals cute)

Old 06-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #77
Blackeyedsonic
Hero of möbius and Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
Yeah, I especially found him fun and cute in the last season, especially in "SuperQuest". (Hey, I'm a girl. I find hyperactive bipedal animals cute)
Lol so you'll find me cute :3 but back on mikey If you've ever watched death battle they treated him like a joke it ticked me off
Old 06-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #78
Shiro Kame

Me too. It's even stated that he's probably the most skilled, but just lacks the focus, as shown in Touch and Go, and Grudge Match. I especially liked More Worlds Than One, where he showed everyone up.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #79
Blackeyedsonic
Hero of möbius and Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
Me too. It's even stated that he's probably the most skilled, but just lacks the focus, as shown in Touch and Go, and Grudge Match. I especially liked More Worlds Than One, where he showed everyone up.
Yes I love thouse episodes admittedly I'm more of a Leo fan but Mikey's well the me of that team and to have him called retarded ugh
Old 06-03-2014, 09:28 AM   #80
Shiro Kame

Quote:
Yes I love thouse episodes admittedly I'm more of a Leo fan but Mikey's well the me of that team and to have him called retarded ugh
Yeah, he just suffers from ADD, he is NOT a retard. And I've met retarded kids before, so he is not one. And retards are nice, intelligent people too!

Tags
4kids, michelangelo