The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Who else loved the crystal ball rolling a la Labyrinth?
"Where did he pull out the bazooka?" "I have theories, none of them pleasant..." 32 30.19%
I don't wanna be stuck in the 1980s!! 34 32.08%
You shall not Pass! 23 21.70%
Yes! I'm handsome again... 7 6.60%
Wait... so this kid gets left to rot in the sewers alone, yet they search for a cure for Timothy? 10 9.43%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #61
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I thought this episode was all kinds of fun with the LOTR references and the cameos by LH, Rockwell, and April. I felt sorry for Sir Malachi, though I also am curious as to how he warped the Turtles' minds to make them think this was real. Don's, "You shall not pass!" had me rolling as well as Raph turning into the turkey and also saying, "I don't do rings." That was just great. Overall, a fun little episode. I do hope we see Sir Malachi again at some point as it would be nice for the Turtles to have another ally. Can't wait for next week's ep. So glad new eps are airing again!

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #62
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I thought the episode was average at best. There were a few funny moments but it was nothing too spectacular. I had a feeling that the fire-breathing LH and April being kidnapped were all fake illusions. Hopefully the next few episodes will be better.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #63
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

That episode was a trip. I don't really know anything about board games but I liked the lord of the rings stuff. Mike was kinda annoying at times but I enjoyed this episode. Pee Wee Herman! Lol ed at how casually Splinter opened the freezer and had ICK pass him a cheese popsicle. I wonder what kind of coin Mike used for his costume? Leonardo's voice does sound like someone else's at times.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #64
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

This was an ok ep. More of a filler than anything else. Im not a LOTR fan in the slightest. I thought the game tho was a reference to the old TMNT RPG's (TMNT & Other Strangeness, After The Bomb, ect).

That ring Mikey wore...the Unicorn on it resembled Princess Celestia a bit.

Im wondering tho how on earth mutating into a bird also gave Martin/Malachi powers similar to Scarlet Witch.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #65
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthEmpress View Post
I didn't care for it either :/ I liked the 1980s joke and Raph calling himself handsome, but other than that it's definitely not my favorite, although I liked Sir Malachi. I do think having Casey as the "princess" would've been way more hilarious The thought made me do this hideous thing:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ss-d7g8m8v.png
That's hilarious. Nice work.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:26 PM   #66
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
This was an ok ep. More of a filler than anything else. Im not a LOTR fan in the slightest. I thought the game tho was a reference to the old TMNT RPG's (TMNT & Other Strangeness, After The Bomb, ect).

Im wondering tho how on earth mutating into a bird also gave Martin/Malachi powers similar to Scarlet Witch.
Given how TMNT spans many different Genres, They also dealt with magic based characters before.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #67
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post

I'm wondering that as well.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #68
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthEmpress View Post
I didn't care for it either :/ I liked the 1980s joke and Raph calling himself handsome, but other than that it's definitely not my favorite, although I liked Sir Malachi. I do think having Casey as the "princess" would've been way more hilarious The thought made me do this hideous thing:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...ss-d7g8m8v.png
That is too hilarious, if only they had done something like this! Another thing I am wondering about is Sir Malachi's peg leg. In the flashback, it only showed Martin's entire body when he had already been hit by the mutagen I think. And it looked like he already had a fake leg, or the mutagen burned it away like acid. I wish Nick would have explained his transformation more and how he got his powers.

A wolf....wandering through the dark....
Jon_Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #69
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Despite the homages to LOTR and the Hobbit. The whole thing with the room full of treasure and the Princess April in that bubble, I think is a homage to the game Dragon's Lair.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:04 PM   #70
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Despite the homages to LOTR and the Hobbit. The whole thing with the room full of treasure and the Princess April in that bubble, I think is a homage to the game Dragon's Lair.

Quite right, TC. I'm surprised how few folks are noticing that. I guess Dragon's Lair really has become quite obscured by time!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #71
saber16
Foot Soldier

Thought the same thing, the glass dome really seals the deal.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:40 PM   #72
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post

http://yosemite-sam.net/DragonLair/dragon35.jpg
The crown "April" had was definitely like the one the princess in Dragon Lair wore. Good eye.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #73
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
The crown "April" had was definitely like the one the princess in Dragon Lair wore. Good eye.
When Donatello was trying to free her from her bubble, I totally expected her to say some variation on "to slay the dragon, use the magic sword!"

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #74
Shark_Blade
Emperor

All the people who doesn't watch LOTR/Hobbit..

What have you been doing with your life? You're missing out on some of the most essential movies of all time! Go watch em NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
oh yea....about that!

why the heck didn't they help that kid!? XD he looked like he was only 12.
Yeah imagine he's a loner type of guy since young before being mutated, it'll be worse now that he's a mutant. All alone, cast away from society with no one to play with for all his life...

It'll be nice if he comes again from time to time to visit the turtles though.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

What have you been doing with your life? You're missing out on some of the most essential movies of all time! Go watch em NOW.
Fantasy bores me to the point of tears. I never got into Harry Potter either for the same reasons. Don't like stuff with middle earth, trolls, magic, witches, giant gnomes, elves, etc.

Much prefer sci-fi stuff like Star Wars and Star Trek. Or superheroes like DC and Marvel.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #76
fridaynightdestination
Banned

I loved this episode, I thought it really fun and entertaining. 8/10
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #77
FoxBoxKid
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Fantasy bores me to the point of tears. I never got into Harry Potter either for the same reasons. Don't like stuff with middle earth, trolls, magic, witches, giant gnomes, elves, etc.

Much prefer sci-fi stuff like Star Wars and Star Trek. Or superheroes like DC and Marvel.
I used to hate anime, for similarly arbitrary reasons, but then I watched Dragon Ball Z Kai and Gurren Lagann, and now I'm much more open to Japanimation. You just gotta be open-minded.

As for the episode, it was okay, in my opinion. The costumes just screamed "toys!" Sir Malachi, was at least a not-boring character, but I don't think his mind powers were sufficiently explained. However, I did appreciate some of the jokes, like the line about the 1980s. All in all, it was enjoyable, but a bit of a letdown after Of Rats and Men & Wormquake. I think the next couple of episodes look good, though, with actual story development and whatnot.
a person who enjoys the 1980s animated series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but erroneously believes that no other incarnation of the franchise can possibly compare to the cherished cartoon of their childhood, often expressing their opinion in an obnoxious manner.
Example:
"Cowabunglers and their absurd narrow-mindedness regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles really get on my nerves."

Last edited by FoxBoxKid; 04-27-2014 at 08:06 PM.
FoxBoxKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #78
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post

I tried! I really did...but I fell asleep....T^T it was so loooong and I don't like how fantasy people speak....it's so....noble?? I don't even know how to put it....

I'm more into Superheroes and Star wars ^_^
Old 04-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #79
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Yeah Foxbox, I kept thinking about toy adverts myself. I'm glad to see alternate costumes featured in the show rather than simply being part of a toyline and nothing else. neat

Hear ya about the dragons, Babyturtles. Especially when it's a big fire breathing Lh! Ok so he's a gator. But they both have scales, so that counts for something. Maybe Mikey should have rubbed his belly. Might have calmed him down.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #80
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

This episode was a lot of fun! Felt like a big commercial for the LARP turtle figures coming out soon, but done very well!

Favs:

1. Slow-mo time
2. Fire-breathing Leatherhead
3. "Solo LARP?!? *sob*"
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, larp, nick, sir malachi, tmnt 2012