The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #21
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I hope it's Karai.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #22
Kanon
Stone Warrior

Super Shredder and a mutant version of Karai sounds logic,
but I kinda think it will be Alopex.
Why? Because she is only one Mutant, a good fighter (IDW) and she would bring the "cuteness" back to the evil team (lost of Dogpound).
Maybe she will be some kind of elite-foot-ninja from Japan, who mutates to Alopex.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #23
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

My money's on Karai. I'm not sure if she'll be a mutant we're all familiar with, however. What if they make her an original 2012 mutant? I'd love to see Alopex though. That'd be sweet. Hoping we see Super Shredder eventually, but I feel it's a bit too early for that. Oh but who better to beat the stuffing out of Leo in that upcoming Mirage one shot remake episode? I just wish they'd show the episode with the next mutant already. We're going to have to wait months, I bet.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #24
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
My money's on Karai. I'm not sure if she'll be a mutant we're all familiar with, however. What if they make her an original 2012 mutant? I'd love to see Alopex though. That'd be sweet. Hoping we see Super Shredder eventually, but I feel it's a bit too early for that. Oh but who better to beat the stuffing out of Leo in that upcoming Mirage one shot remake episode? I just wish they'd show the episode with the next mutant already. We're going to have to wait months, I bet.
I doubt they'd make her Alopex. I can't see how Mikey could come up with that name for her, plus they likely won't give her a mutant name out of respect to Splinter.

They'd probably just make her feline or another rat. Feline because rats are naturally afraid of cats, or a rat out of mockery towards Splinter. Unless they want to make her a bug, which would be quite dark and twisted if Shredder did it.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #25
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Hey, wouldn't it be a plot twist if Shredder managed to mutate one of the Turtles, and do a sort of 'Double Mutation'

That would be unexpected
Old 05-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #26
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Super Shredder and a mutant version of Karai sounds logic,
but I kinda think it will be Alopex.
Why? Because she is only one Mutant, a good fighter (IDW) and she would bring the "cuteness" back to the evil team (lost of Dogpound).
Maybe she will be some kind of elite-foot-ninja from Japan, who mutates to Alopex.
No chance. Nick has made it very very clear they don't want the two current universes to share one anothers exclusive characters.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #27
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I doubt they'd make her Alopex. I can't see how Mikey could come up with that name for her, plus they likely won't give her a mutant name out of respect to Splinter.

They'd probably just make her feline or another rat. Feline because rats are naturally afraid of cats, or a rat out of mockery towards Splinter. Unless they want to make her a bug, which would be quite dark and twisted if Shredder did it.
I hope they do make her feline but that's just because I like cats. I also see her becoming some sort of bug or possibly another rat. Still hoping it'll be some random purple dragon guy, but somehow I doubt that.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #28
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I think Karai as a cat sounds cool as I'm a cat lover, too. Either that or a rat would be neat. Just don't mutate her into Venus and all will be well.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #29
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I think Karai as a cat sounds cool as I'm a cat lover, too. Either that or a rat would be neat. Just don't mutate her into Venus and all will be well.
I actually thought about the possibility of Karai becoming Venus, kinda likely considering both have ninja skills (or maybe she'll develop sort of magic powers too after being a turtle?)
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:13 AM   #30
MartiusR
Random Punk

I was wondering about this issue. I see two options:

First option - mutation of someone from surroundings of Shredder. Well, there are not much options left - we've got only Karai and Shredder himself. So if this option will become true - I'm betting it'll be Karai. After all, she's not Saki's real daughter, and he's treating other people in very instrumental way. And if someone from Shredder's crew noticed who threw the rock into Tiger Claw's head(there is not too much possibility, but hey, who knows?) - Shredder has good motive to try Karai's loyalty/punish her/whatever. And what kind of mutant she'll be? Can't say for sure, although I think that the option that is horryfing for many users (can't say that I'm share this sentiment, but from quite trivial cause - I don't know Venus and whole series with her), is quite possible. Why? Well, since Shredder have some serious issue with turtles, I think that old like the world motive "fight with their own weapon" is possible Although for now everything is possible, so I can't say that your bets with feline/rat/"alopex-style" are not possible.
There is one little thing that bothering me - the idea of mutating the Karai is for me too "revolutionary". So I'm betting (for now) that more possible is...

Second option - mutation of someone new/out of the Shredder's surroundings. Completely mystery - can't speculate who and what kind of mutant he/she'll be.

I think that we shouldn't expect our classic R&B duet. It'll be one mutant, not to mention that Shredder's reaction for mutated Pig & Rhino wasn't too enthusiastic.

And once more sorry for my terrible english and any mistakes
MartiusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:12 AM   #31
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Come to think of it, with all these mutants they have done, we haven't seen a single female mutant. Though with all those canisters that rained on NY, they could easily have some we haven't seen yet. As for what single mutant Shredder wants, I hope it will not be him or Karai, but someone/something else he has in mind.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #32
ToraHogosha
Mouser

I heard that Beebop and Rocksteady were returning. I actually had forgotten about them during my complaining-spree at the thought of Karai being mutated after the ending hint.
However, didn't Shredder say "one more mutant"? Implying just one character will be mutated.

Also, can somebody explain this Playmates Email thing to me? I missed the party with that one.
ToraHogosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #33
Creativecreature31
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Come to think of it, with all these mutants they have done, we haven't seen a single female mutant..
Do you want Ice Cream Kitty or April Derp? Or what about April herself?
Creativecreature31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #34
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Hey, wouldn't it be a plot twist if Shredder managed to mutate one of the Turtles, and do a sort of 'Double Mutation'

That would be unexpected
Yeah, I can see Shredder, Rahzar or someone pick up one of the Turtles in a threatening manner. And hold said turtle over a vat of mutagen. Forcing the Turtles to stand down or drop their weapons. Then letting the unfortunate Turtle fall into the mutagen anyway.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #35
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToraHogosha View Post
I heard that Beebop and Rocksteady were returning. I actually had forgotten about them during my complaining-spree at the thought of Karai being mutated after the ending hint.
However, didn't Shredder say "one more mutant"? Implying just one character will be mutated.

Also, can somebody explain this Playmates Email thing to me? I missed the party with that one.
What if that "one more mutant" is Karai?

Maybe that's why Playmates been holding off her action figure... cause she's in mutant form?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #36
NoName999
Foot Soldier

And then she becomes the new Venus *is stabbed*
Old 05-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #37
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

Still say Karai mutates into Alopex after she discovers her real father is Splinter/Yoshi.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #38
Retro-Specs
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
Still say Karai mutates into Alopex after she discovers her real father is Splinter/Yoshi.
I second that. She'd make an awesome Alopex, and Alopex would look awesome in CGI. Looking forward to what they do if they decide to go this direction.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #39
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Not sure how well Alopex would translate into the esthetics of the show, remember. They don't do proper hair and fur in the show since fur extends the render time to insane lengths. Maybe some elaborate texture work could make the illusion of a fluffy tail.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #40
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

To quothe Powder:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
No chance. Nick has made it very very clear they don't want the two current universes to share one anothers exclusive characters.
It is extremely unlikely that 'Alopex' will be in the show.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mutation