The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-08-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Now that Retromutagen has been discovered...

As we all know, Donnie has discovered retromutagen doesn't that put Donnie's life in danger.

We have seen villains such as Baxter Stockman and Rahzar going after the Retromutagen when they realized it existed.

So yeah there are going to be mutants and people associated with mutants who are going to learn that a cure is possible. And will want the cure for themselves or forcing Donnie to make it for them.

But there are also other mutants who are happy with what they have become. Some to the point where they feel the existence of retromutagen, and someone who can create it is a threat to their way of life.

And then we have people like the Shredder who is wanting to create a mutant army. The existence of Retromutagen would be be a threat to that army.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-09-2014, 03:11 AM   #2
JTH
"ME"

Definitely is a serious situation for all parties involved, especially Donnie.

Also for all the people that read the TMNT New Adventure Comics, they have teased in those that Donnie wishes he was human, feeling that it's his only way to win April. When he first made the retro-mutagen in the show, though I know they've kept all these incarnations fairly separate, I also felt at some point they may tease the same thing in the show.

In those leaked storyboards, he does compare himself to Bigfoot, so it's possible he may start to get those vibes.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:43 AM   #3
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
Definitely is a serious situation for all parties involved, especially Donnie.

Also for all the people that read the TMNT New Adventure Comics, they have teased in those that Donnie wishes he was human, feeling that it's his only way to win April. When he first made the retro-mutagen in the show, though I know they've kept all these incarnations fairly separate, I also felt at some point they may tease the same thing in the show.

In those leaked storyboards, he does compare himself to Bigfoot, so it's possible he may start to get those vibes.
Wow - yeah, that would be really interesting to see!

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
So yeah there are going to be mutants and people associated with mutants who are going to learn that a cure is possible. And will want the cure for themselves or forcing Donnie to make it for them.
I think this is the most likely and the biggest danger to Donnie's life. Most of the mutants in this category are Foot Clan members, and they will be paying extra attention now that they know the Turtles are able to come up with a cure. What also adds to them being extra dangerous is how desperate they likely have become. Once they know that Donnie has whipped up another batch, they won't hesitate to use whatever means possible to get the retromutagen, even to the point of turning on each other and any bystander who happens to get in their way. It's why I'd hope that Donnie tries to cure Timothy first and any other human-based mutant who is safely hidden below ground, because once he and the others start trying to tote the stuff above ground, all hell ends up breaking loose once a Foot mutant gets wind of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
But there are also other mutants who are happy with what they have become. Some to the point where they feel the existence of retromutagen, and someone who can create it is a threat to their way of life.
I have a feeling that most of these will be animal-based mutants and not human, since retromutagen would mean a risk of them returning to a dumb animal and losing what enhanced intelligence (and likely extended life span) they have. But unless they are active threats to the Turtles or anyone else, I can't see the Turtles demutating these without their permission. I could see Newtralizer feeling threatened, but that's only if he was ever an ordinary newt instead of a Kraang creation or even an alien.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I have a feeling that most of these will be animal-based mutants and not human, since retromutagen would mean a risk of them returning to a dumb animal and losing what enhanced intelligence (and likely extended life span) they have. But unless they are active threats to the Turtles or anyone else, I can't see the Turtles demutating these without their permission. I could see Newtralizer feeling threatened, but that's only if he was ever an ordinary newt instead of a Kraang creation or even an alien.
Well Splinter has essentially said no to the retromutagen.

Newtralizer isn't a mutant, he's an alien.

Slash wouldn't want it since he mutated to be an ally to Raph, now he's his own person.

Leatherhead I don't see wanting to be cured either. So yeah, he'd refuse the offer.

that leaves Rockwell, Snakeweed, Spiderbitez, Sir Malachi, Ice Cream Kitty, Pete the Pigeon Man and Mutagen Man.

Spiderbitez might want the cure, but I can also say he'd want to make money off it because he would think Mutants would pay to have the desire to be human again.

Snakeweed was pretty happy with his mutation after he learned he had regenerative powers.

Sir Malachi-Unknown. Might like the chance to return home to his family and play his Mazes and Mutants game with other people again. And he'd still be able to maintain a friendship with the Turtles.

Ice Cream Kitty: Splinter I think would want that cured just so they wouldn't have the cat any more.

Pete the Pigeon: He'd want the cure as he expresses displeasure about what he'd been force to turn into at the hands of the Kraang.

Rockwell: He certainly would want to be human again as his humanity was taken from him.

Mutagen Man: I stand with the people who feel his ending may not be a happy one. It was mentioned more then once that Donnie is responsible for the him, but Timothy is the only mutant who is purely mutagen. Is it possible for him to regain his humanity?

The Squirranoids, Roach Terminator, Wasps- They aren't any more intelligent then they were before they were mutants. They are just more dangerous.

As for the Shredder's mutants. Rahzar, Fishface, and Baxter Stockman. Yeah they would fight one another to get their hands on the mutagen.

Tigerclaw: He is driven by his hatred and I feel he has come to accept his form and it's advantages. So he has no interest in the Retromutagen and he is more likely to see the Retromutagen as a weapon the turtle's could use against him. Unless he is able to acquire it as a weapon against them.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

^^^ It's why I mentioned that most animal-based mutants (by this, I mean those that were animals before mutation) who are threats to them and others would dislike the Turtles having retromutagen. Not allies. Allies are likely to remain as they are

As for those that are human-based, then it's always a mixed bag. I could see Tigerclaw wanting to remain thus as he was mutated as a boy/child and thus knew no other life, but for all we know Splinter might change his mind now that Miwa/Karai learned the truth. He had mentioned before that there wasn't anything left for him to want to get turned normal again, but who knows now with recent events.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 06-09-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #7
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
I think this is the most likely and the biggest danger to Donnie's life. Most of the mutants in this category are Foot Clan members, and they will be paying extra attention now that they know the Turtles are able to come up with a cure. What also adds to them being extra dangerous is how desperate they likely have become. Once they know that Donnie has whipped up another batch, they won't hesitate to use whatever means possible to get the retromutagen, even to the point of turning on each other and any bystander who happens to get in their way. It's why I'd hope that Donnie tries to cure Timothy first and any other human-based mutant who is safely hidden below ground, because once he and the others start trying to tote the stuff above ground, all hell ends up breaking loose once a Foot mutant gets wind of it.
Given that Donnie's more of a pacifist, you have to wonder if he'd ever float the idea of offering a trade/potential truce to some of Shredder's mutants - he gives them some retromutagen to change them back and they don't work for the Shredder anymore. Even if they did go back on their word and kept fighting on Shredder's team, the Turtles would at least have fewer mutants to fight. I can see it being an idea that Leo would be down with.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:10 PM   #8
ssjup81
Foot Elite

You know, I like the idea of Donnie maybe sub-consciously wishing he was human just to better his chances with April. It'd be interesting to see another turtle going through that. Despite the episode being, well stupid, in the OT there was that ep where Mikey wished he was human so he could hang out with other kids and do things human kids could do. He became human thanks to Shredder's scheme and Mikey realized he liked being a turtle way more (but as I said, it was stupid....he couldn't fight anymore while human). So yeah...

I hadn't thought of Donnie being in danger and I actually do hope they go somewhere with that. Baxter and Rahzar know that he knows how to make retromutagen. It probably won't be long before they let it slip or others find out about it.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:31 AM   #9
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Yeah, I hope the writers make a plot/story about this. It would be interesting in my opinion to see which mutants want to be turned back to normal, and them trying to steal the retromutagen from the turtles. Bonus seeing how this affects Donnie since he's the creator, and thus the most likely to be in danger because of this.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #10
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Well, Kirby is now back to normal. Karai is likely to be Donatello's next priority to de-mutating (sorry Timothy). Is it possible for the turtles to sneak into the Kraang's headquarters and steel some mutagen so that Don can create more retro mutagen?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #11
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Have him make a dartgun or whatever that can deliver the retro in a weaponized form, use it as protection / leverage against mutants that mess with him.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #12
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Well, Kirby is now back to normal. Karai is likely to be Donatello's next priority to de-mutating (sorry Timothy). Is it possible for the turtles to sneak into the Kraang's headquarters and steel some mutagen so that Don can create more retro mutagen?
It depends on how lucid Karai is. If Karai is a mindless mutant, then yes he would have to return her to normal. But if she has or is able to get more or a cognitive grasp on what she is, then she can decide on whether she wants to return human or remain a mutant.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #13
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Karai can go back and forth. She's probably got no problem (maybe she could teach herself how to control it).

Last edited by miru; 07-02-2014 at 09:46 AM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #14
fridaynightdestination
Banned

I think the idea of Donatello being the turtle everyone wants to get the most might be cool to see. I wonder what effect it could have on Donnie. Also, I think the mutant who wants to be cured the most is Baxter for sure, he seems desperate to be a human again.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #15
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
I think the idea of Donatello being the turtle everyone wants to get the most might be cool to see. I wonder what effect it could have on Donnie. Also, I think the mutant who wants to be cured the most is Baxter for sure, he seems desperate to be a human again.
We'll we have been getting a number of SaiNW references lately (Mikey getting his arm slashed, Raph getting venom in his eye) and there has been a number of Good Gene's references as well. (Shot focused on Donnie when Leo says "Before some random joe gets mutated, the fact second mutations are possible, and of course the hinted risk where Donnie is jumping over the mutagen vat in slow-mo)

So maybe there is an event in the up coming season where Donnie makes retromutagen to cure Karai. Stockman gets it's and knocks Donnie into a vat of Mutagen or somewhere where there is mutagen in order to get it. The other Turtles are able to get the Retromutagen back, but they are left wondering if using it on Donnie would return him back to normal or would it return him to being a normal turtle.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #16
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Karai can go back and forth. She's probably got no problem.
You never know. She might end up starting to go insane from it and become a danger. Also even though she's getting a mutant figure doesn't mean she'll be a mutant for a while. They put out LARP figures even though that was only for one episode.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #17
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Even though Karai can shapeshift, I still think she doesn't retain her humanity. You literally see her hissing towards the end which I think signifies she's still retains her mutant characteristics. I'm confident Donatello would want to cure Karai if it means having a healthy relationship with Splinter.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #18
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Do you think Donnie could ever make a mutagen vaccine to prevent mutations using April's DNA to protect him and his brothers if they ever come in contact with Mutagen? Like an antibody? Think of it like a flu shot. That helps to protect one from getting the flu.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:18 PM   #19
fridaynightdestination
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Do you think Donnie could ever make a mutagen vaccine to prevent mutations using April's DNA to protect him and his brothers if they ever come in contact with Mutagen? Like an antibody? Think of it like a flu shot. That helps to protect one from getting the flu.
Ooooh, that would be pretty cool. I'd like it if they did that. I wonder what Shredder and his 'gang' would think of something like that.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #20
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
Ooooh, that would be pretty cool. I'd like it if they did that. I wonder what Shredder and his 'gang' would think of something like that.
I get the feeling something like that would be dangerous in the hands of shredder (a paper clip is also dangerous in the hands of Shredder, and a piece of paper, and a teddy bear, and, well, everything) and he would most likely use it on his mutants so that they cannot be demutated.

The problem for him is this: what if shredder makes a mutant more powerful than him? One who could take him down with ease, once and for all? What would shredder do, he can't de-mutate them. Would he drink some mutagen and become The Super Shredder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
Even though Karai can shapeshift, I still think she doesn't retain her humanity. You literally see her hissing towards the end which I think signifies she's still retains her mutant characteristics. I'm confident Donatello would want to cure Karai if it means having a healthy relationship with Splinter.
Not to mention Leo would be devastated if Donnie did nothing, and all four of the turtles were not at all happy about what happened.

Quote:
Also even though she's getting a mutant figure doesn't mean she'll be a mutant for a while. They put out LARP figures even though that was only for one episode.
Yea, the same thing happened with Kirby, they made a Kirby bat figure, and then demutated him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Karai can go back and forth. She's probably got no problem.
I think the end of the episode shows she has a lot of problems.
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mutation