The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 01:13 PM   #21
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksNerdLife View Post
This is just the first of a full toyline...
You don’t actually believe that do you?
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #22
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I'm not sure why you think I would say it if I didn't *KNOW* it. Nor why it sounds so incredibly out of the realm of possibility...

But I run a little YouTube channel called Rick's Nerd Life (hence the name), and I am an industry insider/scooper. You can check out my channel to see my accuracy is pretty high, and on point on past, assorted other toylines.

There will be a full line.

Trevor Zammit is heading it up.

Now, let's try not to be so jerky to the new guy, yeah? I'm sharing cool info with you that I didn't have to. You're welcome.

Do you have any information on NECA’s plans with the 1990 movie line?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:27 PM   #23
DVD
Mad Scientist

Just put my order in.
Really does look like a fun figure.

I also just ordered the Batman / Turtles III comic. Wasn’t aware it was actually out already !!!
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:20 PM   #24
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Nothing super specific. I know that between the movie and cartoon lines, they have something like 18-20 figures sculpted (for 7 inch scale). Not sure on the ratio of movie to cartoon figures that is, though.

Then there's the SDCC set, which is set to be movie, with one completely brand new figure in the set (which will be released later on minus some accessories like the initial Turtles set).

But rest assured, everything in quarter scale WILL see release in 7 inch scale, as Nickelodeon is slicensing, and forcing Playmates to release their stranglehold on the license.

Hence, why the Batman/TMNT line is happening. And Super 7 is doing a line, as well.

NECA holds things a little closer to the vest, so they're pretty hard to get info from!
Based off of this information, I am calling it now. SDCC exclusive will be another box set of the 1990 film featuring the Foot Clan with Foot soldiers, Shredder, and Tatsu as the new figure.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:41 PM   #25
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
But rest assured, everything in quarter scale WILL see release in 7 inch scale, as Nickelodeon is slicensing, and forcing Playmates to release their stranglehold on the license.
This does put a smile on my face FU Playmates. Now if they would just let Neca Sell their turtle stuff everywhere even if Playmates sells their junk in the same place
Old 05-08-2019, 09:52 PM   #26
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Now, let's try not to be so jerky to the new guy, yeah?
Welcome to the party pal.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:19 PM   #27
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Is this the same Trevor who used to work for NECA?
Quote:
I'm not sure why you think I would say it if I didn't *KNOW* it. Nor why it sounds so incredibly out of the realm of possibility...

But I run a little YouTube channel called Rick's Nerd Life (hence the name), and I am an industry insider/scooper. You can check out my channel to see my accuracy is pretty high, and on point on past, assorted other toylines.

Now, let's try not to be so jerky to the new guy, yeah? I'm sharing cool info with you that I didn't have to. You're welcome.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:35 PM   #28
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Welcome to the party pal.

Thanks. Quite the warmest of welcomes. lol
RicksNerdLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #29
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
Is this the same Trevor who used to work for NECA?
I dunno. Would you really believe me even if I told you?
Old 05-09-2019, 12:21 AM   #30
Powder
So tired of this place

You really can't fault anyone for being suspicious of a brand new user coming in & dropping unsubstantiated information.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 04:43 AM   #31
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

A toyline would be nice, as long as DC Collectibles don't cancel it or muck up the scale
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:58 AM   #32
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I dunno. Would you really believe me even if I told you?
You planning on being a dick your whole time here?
Old 05-09-2019, 08:14 AM   #33
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You really can't fault anyone for being suspicious of a brand new user coming in & dropping unsubstantiated information.
I mean, I can. I am.

And it's not so much on his/her being suspicious. That's fine. It's everything to do with the approach. There are more tactful ways. Saying "Oh, hey, that's cool. Not to be rude, but what are your sources on this?" would be one way...

...this turd decided to go another route.

And especially over something so ridiculous. How/why would I make this up? If you sit back and think for two seconds, I mean, you're looking at a figure already, of which they clearly got the license for. Wouldn't common sense dictate that if they have the license for something as super popular as this, they would want to capitalize on that? That this would NOT be a one and done?

I understand common sense and tact aren't strongly held values on message boards, but come on. Let's at least *try* using them.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:21 AM   #34
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
You planning on being a dick your whole time here?
Don't gaslight me. When you come at me like that right out of the gate, and then try to buddy up to me to get info, like you weren't just incredibly rude. I'm new here, yes, but I'm not new around the block. I owe you nothing. You, however, if a decent human being, owe me an apology. Especially when these figures are announced. Which you clearly don't plan on giving, so, to you...yeah. I'll be the biggest dick until I get that apology. I know people like you thrive on driving "the new guy" out of here. Ain't going to be me, I promise you that.

I'm a very nice person. I get along with people really well. But I'm not a pushover. Go try that on someone else.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #35
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Inside info is cool and appreciated but not coming in a condescending way treating members of this forum like crap for rightfully being skeptical of a new user who hasn't "earned" his wings. There's more tactful ways to do things, I'm sure you'd agree.

Quote:
There are more tactful ways. Saying "Oh, hey, that's cool. Not to be rude, but what are your sources on this?" would be one way...

...this turd decided to go another route.
Quote:

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:13 AM   #36
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Inside info is cool and appreciated but not coming in a condescending way treating members of this forum like crap for rightfully being skeptical of a new user who hasn't "earned" his wings. There's more tactful ways to do things, I'm sure you'd agree.
And here come the sharks a-circling...

1) I speak how spoken to. I responded in like and tone to his initial response. Do you honestly think we'd be having this discussion if he would have worded it in a more polite, respectful tone? You are stuck on the fact that he questioned me at all. Not what got me. HOW he did it, is another thing.

2) Just because he somehow magically signed up for a message board before me, and has a little bit higher of a post count, does not mean he is due any sort of automatic respect, or special considerations. This isn't the military with ranks, or a job with seniority. It's a freaking Ninja Turtle discussion board. Just regular people. Do you treat people in the "real world" like crap upon first meeting them until they've "earned their wings" with you? No? Then have the same considerations here. If you treat the new people like crap, stop clutching your pearls when they start giving it back to you. You aren't owed anything.

3) Not sure how highlighting my talking about my channel is condescending...
Is it because I mentioned that my channel is little? It wasn't a smart-alecky "I run a little channel". It is small. I only have a little over 1,000 subscribers. Is it because I mentioned that I have my username here as my channel's name? Again, not sure how that is condescending. Nor do I understand how it is condescending to state that you can check out my channel, in order to give a little insight into how I know the things you're accusing me of not knowing. You are reaching on this one.

Now, somehow, we've gotten away from the original intention of all of this, which is to highlight that DCC is putting out a Batman/TMNT line based off of the animated movie. We can discuss that, or you can all PM me to tell me how rude I was to someone being rude to me. How about we stop cluttering up this thread with this crap?
Old 05-09-2019, 09:13 AM   #37
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Anyway, moving on..

If we're getting a full toyline, I'd have to see them first. In this case if the turtles resemble the artstyle I might not get any turtles or batman characters, I just don't like them, if they take their own artistic liberties with the toys that would change.

But thinking they'll stick to the art style which makes sense I'd love that Shredder and I think he'd be likely and also a Barbara Gordon since she sort of looks like April but I doubt we'd get her.. Here are some pics for people to look at the different characters in the movie.
Spoiler:

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:21 AM   #38
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

They were designed by Andy Kuhn, of the IDW TMNT books. This might be the closest thing we get to IDW Turtles...
Old 05-09-2019, 09:28 AM   #39
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

I’m not sure how you could interpret my post as rude as it’s kind of hard to display something like that in text unless you use certain words or emojis. My guess is you’re just having a rough day? Maybe you’re trying to prove something to yourself? Whatever the case may be I don’t have the time or the patience to deal with that. Have you met Firstofthreelatinkings? You two might get along maybe.

Quote:
You don’t actually believe that do you?
Quote:
And here come the sharks a-circling...

1) I speak how spoken to. I responded in like and tone to his initial response. Do you honestly think we'd be having this discussion if he would have worded it in a more polite, respectful tone? You are stuck on the fact that he questioned me at all. Not what got me. HOW he did it, is another thing.

2) Just because he somehow magically signed up for a message board before me, and has a little bit higher of a post count, does not mean he is due any sort of automatic respect, or special considerations. This isn't the military with ranks, or a job with seniority. It's a freaking Ninja Turtle discussion board. Just regular people. Do you treat people in the "real world" like crap upon first meeting them until they've "earned their wings" with you? No? Then have the same considerations here. If you treat the new people like crap, stop clutching your pearls when they start giving it back to you. You aren't owed anything.

3) Not sure how highlighting my talking about my channel is condescending...
Is it because I mentioned that my channel is little? It wasn't a smart-alecky "I run a little channel". It is small. I only have a little over 1,000 subscribers. Is it because I mentioned that I have my username here as my channel's name? Again, not sure how that is condescending. Nor do I understand how it is condescending to state that you can check out my channel, in order to give a little insight into how I know the things you're accusing me of not knowing. You are reaching on this one.

Now, somehow, we've gotten away from the original intention of all of this, which is to highlight that DCC is putting out a Batman/TMNT line based off of the animated movie. We can discuss that, or you can all PM me to tell me how rude I was to someone being rude to me. How about we stop cluttering up this thread with this crap?
Old 05-09-2019, 09:33 AM   #40
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I’m sure Donnie will get **** on as always and either be Aquaman or the more likely route, not even made.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action figures, batman, insider ruins thread, mikey, toys