The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-28-2021, 11:50 AM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

Ah, yeah, that place where people talk mad sh*t about me like I'm not gonna find out about it. Sounds like fun!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:58 AM   #22
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

From what I've seen, it's not that interesting. A lot of it is fan art and toy hauls. I feel the same way with most TMNT fan pages on social media. There aren't a lot of great TMNT fan YouTube channels either, but The Old Turtle Den is pretty good. This place is the closest thing to an official TMNT site for me, so I come here for all the news and I trust that people here know what they're talking about.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:14 PM   #23
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

It's kind of boring. Mostly 80s stuff with just a smattering of other things dropped in. Maybe that's where some of the posters on here went to? I remember there was a quite a bit of 80s circlejerking here when the 2k12 show was running, there were people itching for tons of Fred Wolf Turtles cameos and references to be dropped in, Bebop and Rocksteady even supplanted the Shredder's original two henchmen!
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:23 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

People keep saying the reddit is original series oriented, but aside from the toys (which are based on the 80's show but come out recently), I see plenty of discussion on the 4kids cartoon, Nick cartoon, comics and movies there. Did you guys even click the link? Scroll through the threads on both the "new" and "hot" section and you'll see different discussions.

Also I'm looking at this dead/barren forum from 1999 filled with 30-40 year old middle age people, and almost all the TMNT sections are dead besides a few bait threads and the monthly threads about the IDW comics and that's it. This place has become a sad relic of the ancient past with a bunch of washed-up middle age has-beens halfway to the old age home. Get off my lawn!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:44 PM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

Old 04-28-2021, 12:57 PM   #26
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I admit I post in the Funko section as a collector myself...it’s a pretty good lot of people there.

That said...the Wrestling section is a bunch of suck ups to get upvotes....pretty bad.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #27
Sumac
Banned

Upvoting anywhere, be it forum or a site, is trash and leads only to trouble and toxicity.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:48 PM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Cubed just gettin' rude now. Hmph.

Aye, but it do prob just be project'n and that ol' fear of agein'. (And no idea why I turned into a pirate.)

I mean, what do you expect to be discussed if the TMNT is in a bit of a dry spell in some media, other than the same old things over and over.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 04:13 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

The problem is everyone here is so old there's nothing to discuss. A bunch of 30-40+ year olds aren't going to generate new discussion. And there's barely any new members who come here because as I said the younger fans are on twitter, reddit, tumblr, etc.

Granted the two nostril movies and Rise of the TMNT bombing probably didn't help matters, but even then there's not much to discuss besides monthly threads of IDW TMNT.

Fandoms need fresh blood to survive. New blood. We're becoming like what the original Star Wars fans were by the time the prequels came out. "Old fogey's."
Old 04-28-2021, 04:17 PM   #30
sdp
Megan Fox = April

most members here weren't even kids when the prequels came out, they were already adults They were already adults when Pokemon first came out and pokemon is flippin' ancient.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 04:58 PM   #31
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The problem is everyone here is so old there's nothing to discuss.
Even if a bunch of 12-year-old newbies showed up, most of it would still be the same old discussions all over again as they ask questions that are old news to most.

Not like "new blood" somehow magically brings new content and discussion we've never seen before. Would still be old topics and adults annoyed that kids refuse to Google anything anymore. Kids don't make new content... the "old fogies" with careers lucky enough to get their hands on the TMNT do.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:17 PM   #32
This_is_my_username
Random Punk

It's a slow time for TMNT.I enjoy bits and pieces of discussion or art/nostalgia wherever I can get it these days. I don't mind being an old relic. It's fine. A lot of other forums of my fandoms have long since kicked the bucket.

Sometimes Reddit has pleasant surprises amidst the usual casual filler. It's nice that TMNT still revives in different forms over the years, even if they aren't all to my preference. I know what it's like to love a completely dead and buried fandom and somehow that's never been TMNT.

I'm an old lurky fan now. I don't care. If there is a good comic flashback or piece of fanart, I'm usually lurking nearby.
This_is_my_username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:00 PM   #33
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Even if a bunch of 12-year-old newbies showed up, most of it would still be the same old discussions all over again as they ask questions that are old news to most.

Not like "new blood" somehow magically brings new content and discussion we've never seen before. Would still be old topics and adults annoyed that kids refuse to Google anything anymore. Kids don't make new content... the "old fogies" with careers lucky enough to get their hands on the TMNT do.
Exactly. New content, new story lines, new movies, that's the stuff that makes people want to come. Several Transformers forums I belong to are not for want of members, but it's because new stuff comes out often enough to keep people interested.
Plus the other issue is that too many iterations of TMNT just want to rehash the same old comic book or Fred Wolf plotlines. There needs to be genuinely new stuff, not just another reiteration of stuff like City at War.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:05 AM   #34
newfan
Mad Scientist

I'm also of the mind that a dry spell has made a difference here, if something comes along that enough people like it would be more active. At least for that time anyway.

Also, we go where we like. Keeping up with what's new doesn't mean we have to join everything. I do little in the places I am in so I don't feel the need to be everywhere not doing much. Anyway, to topic, so far I haven't bothered to explore Reddit.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:19 AM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

Look at this forum:

General TMNT Discussion: other than neatoman making a ton of random threads to subtly bash the original cartoon, there's not much new threads here.

Movie forum: Obviously not much to talk about, the CG film still hasn't been properly revealed yet and everyone hated on the Michael Bay movies for years. The classic films have been discussed to death

Nick 2012 forum: Obviously discussion has slowed since the show is over

Rise: Not much interest on this forum to begin with.

2k3 forum: Again the show has been over for more than a decade, discussion of it has slowed to a crawl besides people who never saw it before.

Comic forum: IDW has monthly threads for each new issue, but discussion has waned on the book. And Mirage/Archie discussion has also been done to death.

Toys: Pretty active, but it's just about people talking about where they bought stuff.

Videogame: Until the new game was announced there wasn't much to talk about.

The TMNT sections have been on life support here for years.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:52 AM   #36
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
The TMNT franchise has been on life support for years.
Went ahead and fixed that for ya.

Seriously, there just isn't anything of substance to talk about. And let's be honest with ourselves: Anything coming down the road that isn't toys and possibly video games is almost guaranteed to suck, based on precedent.

Has nothing to do with the age of the forum posters. It's that the wrong company bought the franchise and they in turn ran it into the ground. Viacom supposedly made back all the money they spent on the brand within the first couple of years, now it's no longer important. They strip-mined it for a fast buck and now it's just One More Toy Commercial to them. They own much more lucrative properties, so this brand's going nowhere.

TMNT sucks now, and it's never gonna be "cool" or even "Good" ever again. That's It, The End. Go yell at Viacom about it, it's their fault.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:53 AM   #37
sdp
Megan Fox = April

this dry spell is different from previous ones the drome has had. Yeah the movies and Rise failing didn't help things but we had survived stuff like that before, but not when social media was mainstream. the most casuals are on different facebook groups, and more hardcore fans are on twitter/reddit/discord and other communities. The constant factor of making any thread political was the final nail in the coffin.

I love forums but they feel so 2000's, they've never evolved and any newer software version is a bloated mess trying to be hip by adding features that doesn't really make it seem more modern. Hopefully there's a better alternative were fandoms go but it all seems to be going to discord nowadays for more hardcore discussion. Perhaps one day discord will add a way to make permanent discussions that are easy to search for and then there would be no need for forums anymore.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:17 AM   #38
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Look at this forum:
If you dislike forums so much no one is forcing you to use them, right? Or maybe you just need a break from TMNT? Because no other space online is going to have anything new to talk about that we don't have.

Not like we don't all see it too (the points you outlined), but not much use in us having a fit over it. Yeah, I'm pretty damn bored right now, but I'd rather be bored with people whose user names I know than unknown people elsewhere whose opinion I couldn't care less about and only have the same bored or even less interesting things to say.

And I mean, even if you talked us all into following you off onto some other site that isn't a forum (at least not in the same sense while still largely serving the same function) we'd still be having the same discussions, or lack there of.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:15 AM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've been visiting this forum every day since 2003 and the last few years are the deadest I've ever seen this place.
Old 04-29-2021, 11:26 AM   #40
Leo656
The Franchise

That's because I weeded out all of the idiots and rabble. You ought'a be kissing my feet for doing everyone a favor, not bemoaning the fact that there aren't more imbeciles with bad opinions stinking up the joint.