The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 02-16-2018, 01:18 AM   #61
newfan
Mad Scientist

Well, I use make-up, lightly most days but that doesn't mean I need a more 'female' chip. I like Doritos, powdery and all. Actually it is all the powdery flavour I like, (unhealthy as that is) otherwise I'd choose potato chips (called Crisps here)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:35 AM   #62
Ninjinister
無問題

Old 02-16-2018, 01:57 AM   #63
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, same, I'm a potato chip person myself...

Especially now that I'm figuring out how to make them at home.

They're amazing when they're warm...
Old 02-16-2018, 02:09 AM   #64
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Yeah, same, I'm a potato chip person myself...

Especially now that I'm figuring out how to make them at home.

They're amazing when they're warm...
OOh, I've not tried that yet but sounds good.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:16 AM   #65
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah. I just haven't figured out how thinly to cut them, especially with our fryer being so small.

But thick potato chips/crisps are still a whole new world of amazing when they're hot and crunchy.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #66
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I never wear makeup because I hate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I'm on the "no makeup" train as well
I always felt weird for not being one to wear it, like I was the only one in a room not to... And then several weeks ago, after the morning rally meeting at work, someone commented something about makeup, and then after a few other comments, including from my manager, I realized there were a few/several others right there who don't really bother with the stuff either. (Plus a few that wear a light amount and maybe just two there that bother with the full deal.)

I did once learn many years ago how to put it on... did some time at the local Barbizon modeling school (as if I could ever really be a model, it was more a confidence thing - though they wanted me to stay on as an instructor; I didn't) and after that I did wear some for a while in college but fell off that wagon after a bit.

Just not a fan of that stuff on my face and requires far too much maintenance. If I actually put on lipstick to get dressed up for something... I leave that stuff home and once it's worn off, oh well. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
The main ways I know people are loud with chips are rustling the bags
Oh god, this. If they want to make something quieter, work on the bags and help curb the excessive rustlers; esp in the work break room. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:33 PM   #67
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

There's an art to avoiding too much crinkle with those bags.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:28 AM   #68
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I always felt weird for not being one to wear it, like I was the only one in a room not to... And then several weeks ago, after the morning rally meeting at work, someone commented something about makeup, and then after a few other comments, including from my manager, I realized there were a few/several others right there who don't really bother with the stuff either. (Plus a few that wear a light amount and maybe just two there that bother with the full deal.)

I did once learn many years ago how to put it on... did some time at the local Barbizon modeling school (as if I could ever really be a model, it was more a confidence thing - though they wanted me to stay on as an instructor; I didn't) and after that I did wear some for a while in college but fell off that wagon after a bit.

Just not a fan of that stuff on my face and requires far too much maintenance. If I actually put on lipstick to get dressed up for something... I leave that stuff home and once it's worn off, oh well. loll
Ugh, lipstick is the worst. I don't even like nail polish, unless it's clear and I don't wear that. lol I think the only way I would wear make up willingly is if I'm trying to cover up a spot or something. Seems that wearing make up too much would mess your skin up, not giving your pores room to breathe, right?

That aside, it's good that you could meet others who aren't into make up and stuff at your job. I think everyone around me wears some make up, at least foundation. Being in Japan, coming across Japanese women without some form of make up would be weird. I always shock people here when I say that I never wear make up because they then ask why my skin looks nice. I say, soap and water. lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:23 AM   #69
newfan
Mad Scientist

Some people I know wear little to none and some, more, doesn't really matter to me who wears it or doesn't.
I bought a new deep wine red lipstick yesterday (I never buy bright red) but rarely wear it, unless lipstick is a gentle colour it can be hard to pull off on pale skin...and skin that is not in it's 20s

Last edited by newfan; 02-17-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:35 AM   #70
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I think nail polish is the only makeup I routinely wear, and I only ever really wear one color: silver.

I never did get the hang of I make up, except for mascara and eyeliner on my bottom waterline. And even then it's a crapshoot.

But I would love to learn the proper way to wear a dark red lip, because that brings me back to my college goth days.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote