The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 07-17-2016, 10:28 AM   #221
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well I started FNAF 2 and I'm very confused with the lore and this game is much more difficult for me, I can't finish it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #222
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well I started FNAF 2 and I'm very confused with the lore and this game is much more difficult for me, I can't finish it.
*Points to Game Theory* lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:20 PM   #223
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well finished FNaF2 and it was a good sequel, I didn't like the puppet or the balloon kid at first but the other ideas worked and I grew to like the puppet. Still not a fan of the balloon kid as he doesn't even fit the theme of the game. The game adds a bunch of things and even if it's more of the same it works with the new additions.

Played FNaF3 and only reached the third night, I don't even now how I reached the third night since I never understood how to play the game. Granted I didn't spend too much time on the game before moving on. I'm not a fan of the Freddy theme park idea it seems a little too much of a jump the shark idea for me. It's also too complicated with all the tapes, all the camera's and the tape ducts and whatever. The old suits being only "spirits" that don't kill you I have mixed feelings about but I like that there is only one suit even if I didn't understand how to survive in this game before moving on. Mixed feelings about this game, some good stuff.

I finally moved on to FNaF4 and I didn't like the idea of the setting or where the franchise was heading but the game was awesome, it's really fresh and loved playing around the room and a breath of fresh air. I only played until Night 2 but I liked the idea a lot. I have no idea what's going on with the story though.

As far as the lore I checked a few youtube videos especially GameTheory which I enjoy from time to time but don't really take the video's as serious theories most of the time so I don't know about here. The whole story is a convoluted mess, I don't know how they went from a simple story with an interesting mystery you uncovered to what we have at the end of FNaF4. The dream theory is such a cop-out and the normal theory is far too complicated and full of fan assumptions.

From the research I was able to see that the fandom got hardcore into the lore and the creator liked it so much he kept leaving more and more hints and making things more and more complicated and got over himself and wasn't able to provide a decent story. So I guess in the end it's best if things are a mystery since I don't think we'll ever get a satisfying answer in this franchise and let our imaginations run wild.

Cool franchise, definitely looking forward to the movie and new game, let's hope with the newer game he keeps things interesting and doesn't try to deepen the story too much.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:29 AM   #224
ssjup81
Foot Elite

For the theory about FNaF 2, Scott Cawthon actually posted that Game Theory was almost 100% right with their theory.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:50 PM   #225
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I like how Game Theory makes up all these silly and ironic theories on other games that are obviously for entertainment purposes and not to be taken seriously.... but when it comes to Freddy's, MattPat gets serious and tries to really solve the convoluted backstory of the series.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:53 AM   #226
Allio
Foot Elite

Honestly, that the hilarious part. To me the more silly ones are the ones you play completely straight.

Especially the one, where if you add something so bizarre into the mix, it starts to put everything in it's place; causing everything to add up.

Like some ever after high theories regarding characteristic inconsitency has lead me to the fact tat 1) Faybelle's mother is in a vegetable state, 2) Ginger Breadhouse's cannabalistic nature 3) The origins of Ever After High started as some kind of Cult, which then because the basis of it's society.

It's hilarious how one extreme or another can add everything up.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:01 AM   #227
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I like how Game Theory makes up all these silly and ironic theories on other games that are obviously for entertainment purposes and not to be taken seriously.... but when it comes to Freddy's, MattPat gets serious and tries to really solve the convoluted backstory of the series.
Well, when the creator himself doesn't explain the convoluted story, what else can he do? lol He probably sees it as a fun challenge, and speaking of...

...from a few weeks ago.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:02 AM   #228
Halfshell
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Well, when the creator himself doesn't explain the convoluted story, what else can he do? lol He probably sees it as a fun challenge, and speaking of...

...from a few weeks ago.
Scott has mentioned, the story remains unfinished and unexplained because it gives fans, theorist, and anyone else their chance and explain it they way they want the story to go. "Like a create your own ending/story"

and I'll be going as a FNAF night guard for Halloween again, full cos play uniform.

"Post quickly and fade away into the shadow"
Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:28 AM   #229
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Doesn't the game come out today?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #230
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Already out.

I don't know why make the backstory so complicated. The animatronics are haunted by the kids the Purple Guy killed and they kill you out of revenge. That should basically be that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-08-2016, 12:26 AM   #231
ssjup81
Foot Elite

MatPat from GT was doing a live playthrough yesterday (this morning for me) of Sister Location and curious if it's close to the theory he made about the game months ago. I haven't watched it yet, though.

I'm curious how much of it is right and how much is completely off.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:55 PM   #232
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It's a very fun game and you do different stuff and you have more rooms to go through than any other game. It feels more like an actual game. I might try some more tonight.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:13 AM   #233
Allio
Foot Elite

so going by Sister Location (and what of Silver Eyes we know is canon), the game itself gives off a "Purple Guy origin" story, now making it Ennard = Afton (dead) = Purple guy, the timeline is probably this

Five Nights 4

Sister Location

World's secret Ending

Five Nights 2

Five Nights 1

Five Nights 3

This would make it, that Ennard escapes with Afton's body and kills "Henry" and (in Baby's voice) says that the show is about to begin, probably implying the killings by stuffing the children (possibly to recreate a new baby/afton's daughter)

Thus, making Ennard the Purple guy. This story is a story of Animatronics vs Animatronics, the spirits of dead children vs Ai too real for their own good.

It fits pretty well
Old 10-11-2016, 07:47 PM   #234
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It could also happen after FNAF 1/before FNAF 3. Even before Ennard, Afton was already designing the robots with extra features to help kill kids. If Ennard did kill and replace Afton, he was still a sick bastard before he died.

It makes more sense to happen after fnaf 1 since the game did mention freddy's closing and also the animatronics are way too crazy advanced compared to the 1 and 2 bunch.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #235
The Deadman
Foot Elite

‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Creator Cans Sixth Game, Takes a Break
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...e-takes-break/

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:06 PM   #236
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
We'll see.... he's played that card before.

Old 07-04-2017, 01:05 AM   #237
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
If that's even true, he won't be gone for long. He'll be back in no time, ready to pump out another one of these dumb things. Then little kids who think these games are all that will rush to buy it, which'll fund another one, and so repeats the cycle.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #238
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Well, he's announced cancelling his games before, but usually there's a link or brightening the screen reveals that he was trolling. This time there's no such thing, so he could either be telling the truth... or he's getting better at trolling.

I love the games. I'm not thrilled how the kids and fanbase ruined it for outsiders. Personally, I never considered them to be 'kid's games'. Under the right mindset, the games are scary as hell. Just the thought of being alone in some crappy building in the middle of the night and some creepy animatronic grabbing me and shoving me into a Freddy suit full of sharp crap, regardless of wether or not I fit in there in the first place until I die by bleeding out stopped me from buying the game for the longest time.

I kinda think the kids don't understand the game and just see cute critters that play peek-a-boo or something. Do these kids and Hot Topic buyers realize Freddy Fazzbear kills you in a hell of a horrible way if he catches you? Or that the whole backstory revolves around child murders?

Old 07-04-2017, 06:23 PM   #239
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I remember when I finally got into FNAF and I was so excited and kept telling people only to realize that only little kids and bronie-tier dorks online liked it as much as me

No regrets, I loved Showbiz Pizza as a kid so this hits just right in the nostalgia cord.

Edit: Waiting for a new FNAF game is alright, maybe it can release around the time of the movie which is going slowly. The lore got too complicated and stupid imho so expanding it too much would be a mistake.

Oh by the way, I got Sisters Location for free! I bought the "complete" FNAF bundle a few months before Sisters Location and after it was released it was already in my library, talk about cool since I even bought that bundle on sale.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:42 PM   #240
Ninjinister
無問題

Yeah it'll be out in August for the anniversary.