The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-14-2015, 11:32 AM   #41
LeonardosBane
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Which one you preirder?
The normal black and white one.
LeonardosBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #42
Kujakoo
Hench Mutant

I went ahead and pre-ordered the deluxe version yesterday. Can't wait to add this figure to my collection
Kujakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:09 PM   #43
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
i was psyched and ready to order until i saw the 15.20 shipping. that is absurd, a flat rate box is 5.70 where do the get an extra 10.00 from? (my bet their pocket) im not sure i want the figure anymore. that shipping fee just turned me off to him

these people are only hurting themselves charging ridiculous shipping fees. i got some thinking to do
Here is their response from when I asked to speak with a manager...

"I hope this email finds you doing well. My name is Bryan, and I am the Shipping/Fulfillment Manager. I overseen the majority of the daily operations in the warehouse, and also manage some of the back end logistics.

I am sorry that you are not satisfied with our shipping estimates for you order. Right now, our system is evaluating the orders just as Roxy described. It is doing a formula based on weight, size, and distance. I have the formula set to roughly 3lbs per Turtle. Sadly, this is just the initial estimate I was given. Each turtle, individually, would cost about $11 in shipping fees. If we make an adjustment for a large box, added packing materials, and place the package closer to 9lbs...we would be looking at closer to $40 in shipping for 3 turtles.

I understand that the system is charging you $60 based on the parameters I have put in place. The reason for the higher cost is because I am not actually sure how heavy/large the boxes will be when they ship out. I intend to offer partial refunds for folks that paid too much in shipping on the front end at the time of shipment. I look at it as an added bonus when the turtles ship

I hope this gives you a better idea of what is going on with these orders. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make this experience better, or any other questions I can answer. I hope you understand that I did not call because it is quite early in Austin, and I did not want to be an inconvenience.

Cheers,

Bryan"

I've shipped many items in my life and I still call this BS.... I just did a quick calculation and a 9lb box going from california to wisconsin 2 day priority is just about 30 bucks, 12lb is 38. I can appreciate there will be a minor cost increase for packing material and such. Keep in mind my estimates are consumer prices - companies TYPICALLY have business accounts with shipping agents and receive a discount for shipping with them.

If they were going to offer partial refunds, whynot just say that this is an estimate and at the time of shipping you'll be refunded on orders requiring combined shipping? Well I know why, those who dont ask or complain wouldnt receive the refund and the company would just keep it.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:22 PM   #44
coryroo24
Hench Mutant

Deluxe version is sold out. Guess I missed the boat.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:41 PM   #45
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Red and B/W versions are awesome and look well made. I wonder who really cares about the orange one.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:23 PM   #46
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
Here is their response from when I asked to speak with a manager...

"I hope this email finds you doing well. My name is Bryan, and I am the Shipping/Fulfillment Manager. I overseen the majority of the daily operations in the warehouse, and also manage some of the back end logistics.

I am sorry that you are not satisfied with our shipping estimates for you order. Right now, our system is evaluating the orders just as Roxy described. It is doing a formula based on weight, size, and distance. I have the formula set to roughly 3lbs per Turtle. Sadly, this is just the initial estimate I was given. Each turtle, individually, would cost about $11 in shipping fees. If we make an adjustment for a large box, added packing materials, and place the package closer to 9lbs...we would be looking at closer to $40 in shipping for 3 turtles.

I understand that the system is charging you $60 based on the parameters I have put in place. The reason for the higher cost is because I am not actually sure how heavy/large the boxes will be when they ship out. I intend to offer partial refunds for folks that paid too much in shipping on the front end at the time of shipment. I look at it as an added bonus when the turtles ship

I hope this gives you a better idea of what is going on with these orders. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make this experience better, or any other questions I can answer. I hope you understand that I did not call because it is quite early in Austin, and I did not want to be an inconvenience.

Cheers,

Bryan"

I've shipped many items in my life and I still call this BS.... I just did a quick calculation and a 9lb box going from california to wisconsin 2 day priority is just about 30 bucks, 12lb is 38. I can appreciate there will be a minor cost increase for packing material and such. Keep in mind my estimates are consumer prices - companies TYPICALLY have business accounts with shipping agents and receive a discount for shipping with them.

If they were going to offer partial refunds, whynot just say that this is an estimate and at the time of shipping you'll be refunded on orders requiring combined shipping? Well I know why, those who dont ask or complain wouldnt receive the refund and the company would just keep it.
The reason why they don't say it is an estimate is because if they did, then they would have to legally refund all differences. I think they are only going to mail the differences to the people who contact them. Its a very sneaky and evil thing.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:34 PM   #47
DJSoulPole
Thug

I was rearranging today anyway so I went ahead and made a spot for him. Now it's gonna be a long waiting game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.3 KB, 82 views)
DJSoulPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:24 PM   #48
vaizardv
Thug

i had a b&w and a red one in my basket ready to checkout and then the total jumped to $160.00 that was not cool, so I took off the red one, it went to $80.00 at that point I just gave up. Im sorry but $15 for shipping is insane.
vaizardv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:24 PM   #49
Panda Khan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Red and B/W versions are awesome and look well made. I wonder who really cares about the orange one.
Probably not many which makes me wonder if that one will be the rarer of the three if the regulars are being made based on the amount ordered. Still wondering the final count of the Lil' Mikey orders because that one wasn't popular at all and that production number was based on the orders placed. I'm debating on getting the orange one as well. I reserved a deluxe and the red one I will probably get next week.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:57 PM   #50
Rat_King
Hench Mutant

If anyone who reserved a deluxe changes their mind please let me know. I reserved the other three and would really like to have all four. I figured it was a shot in the dark to ask it but figured it couldn't hurt.
Rat_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:11 PM   #51
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

i broke down and ordered the b&w version after i read the manager reply best bet i will investigate if i dont get a refund when he ships...i know it wont cost 15.00 for shipping to MI
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #52
inksb
Random Punk

I sent a nasty little email today about their shipping policy and prices after getting the same generic response as some one else in this thread. Haven't heard back yet....
inksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:51 PM   #53
GEOTMNT
Mouser

I did manage to buy the version Deluxer : D
GEOTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:09 AM   #54
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Looks really cool, I order the black&white one, I figured this was a must have because it represents the first Ninja Turtle ever drawn. It will display nicely along with my Playmates cold-cast statues.

I was having some buyer's remorse at first thinking I should have got the colored one instead, but thought about it some more and realized black&white makes more sense, because there never was a colored version of this sketch, maybe Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird didn't even know what colors they would be at the time or if the bandanas would even be red.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:29 AM   #55
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
Looks really cool, I order the black&white one, I figured this was a must have because it represents the first Ninja Turtle ever drawn. It will display nicely along with my Playmates cold-cast statues.

I was having some buyer's remorse at first thinking I should have got the colored one instead, but thought about it some more and realized black&white makes more sense, because there never was a colored version of this sketch, maybe Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird didn't even know what colors they would be at the time or if the bandanas would even be red.
That's my thinking, and also the reason that I'm not too gutted about having missed out on the deluxe version.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:58 AM   #56
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The painted one looks really bad with the way they did the plastron.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:44 AM   #57
vaizardv
Thug

i ordered the B&W last night, and this morning I woke up feeling guilty for not getting the Red one, so I went ahead and ordered that too!
I really hope that the manager refund for the shipping will work, I will contact them once it ships!
vaizardv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #58
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

i just contacted them about shipping and got some bs about making sure they ship safe...no hint about refunding differences wont be shopping there anymore
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #59
tmntman
Mad Scientist

I can vouch for the fact that with Lil Mikey that did refund part of the price when they shipping estimate went down. Of course it hasn't actually shipped yet. So I don't know how close their final estimate will be.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #60
LeonardosBane
Foot Soldier

A refund us at most going to be a few bucks for one figure in CONUS. I'm not going to piss my pants about that. It's already expensive. I'd rather they ship it safely.
LeonardosBane is offline   Reply With Quote