The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-28-2019, 12:57 PM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Other than hitting 40 and losing one of our cats there isn't really much to say about 2019. It was largely just the same old thing most days of most weeks of most months... And not expecting 2020 to be much more than the same old thing again. But if it is and there is nothing bad to add, then I guess that's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Started fine, ended bittersweet.

My father passed unexpectedly. He had been battling cancer for years and some complications during routine and non-evasive surgery resulted in catastrophic organ failure. It was four days of absolute torture waiting for something to happen.

It was about a month ago. The world as I know it has ended.

I'm running through the stages of grief on repeat.
So sorry to hear.

Having just hit 4 years last month of my own, taken suddenly by a terminal illness, I know first hand that just isn't a wound that really ever heals. More like people just get somewhat used to the sting of it eventually. Sorta.

Hope you and what ever other family and friends of his have had a peaceful holiday season.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 12:59 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Do people mistake you for being a lot younger than you are?
I guess? When I was 27 I had to actually pull out my ID and show it to these two university students I know that prove them that I was 27 at the time. They didn't believe me and thought I was just pulling their leg. When I showed it to them they couldn't believe it. They thought I was 23 at best.

The oldest age people have guessed Ifor me lately was 25.

Anyway, to people 40 and above, someone in their 20s is practically a kid. I'm not saying I get addressed as "young man" or "boy" all the time, but it's not so rare either. One day that will be over forever, though.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:25 PM   #23
Ashangelo
Hench Mutant

2018 was a **** year due to my husband leaving me and hooking up with somebody I had considered a friend. 2019 was dealing with the fall out of all of that, my recovery and rehab year so to speak. I’m determined to make 2020 my year-my decade- the best it can be.
Ashangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:55 PM   #24
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I think the highlight of this year for me was seeing a friend I haven't seen since 2017, and learning that we really are still friends. I lost contact with her on Facebook since I appeared to have been blocked, and I had no other contact information from her. So when I saw her back in June, she explained that her account was hacked, and therefore she took it down. I thought I might have said something to offend her, but she told me that I'm fine.

Another highlight was learning that two of my favorite book series would each be getting fourth installments. One of them actually comes out next Tuesday, and I'll be borrowing it from the library. The other comes out in March, and it's something I'll be buying. I actually learned about that one yesterday. I did a search online to see if there might have been any more releases that I might have missed out on just in case, but it turned out that it's just something that's coming in the future.

My lowest point would be this depression I experienced back in August, which caused me to go in to work late for three days in a row since I'd wonder if I even wanted to go to work or not. I got to talk to my supervisor about it, but she was cool about the whole thing. She said that I seem to push through it, but that she'd still like for me to take any time I need to deal with it.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:38 AM   #25
Sumac
Banned

Horrible year.
Problems with health, problems with money and ruined plans for the immediate future. And I thought 2018 was bad.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:59 AM   #26
snake
Disgusting

Awful, awful year. Never have I dealt with more problems than 2019. Attempts to improve myself only resulted in my vices gripping to me stronger. Any sort of relief from the constant barrage of work and stress was underwhelming, at best. My procrastination, stress, and addiction is at an all-time high.

This year I found out that I am a truly awful person, and I hate myself for it.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:27 AM   #27
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I hope things get better for you, Sumac and Snake.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 07:58 AM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

I do my best to hide it online, but 2019 was the year I lost a close family member and my family has been grieving all year (and probably forever) which of course is devastating. On the other side I got my best job I ever had in my life around May of this year, which considering where I was working before is an improvement.

But yeah I don’t like talking about it online so I never mentioned it before.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 08:24 AM   #29
newfan
Mad Scientist

So sorry to hear that Cubed, hard going through that, I hope things at least get a little easier.
Same for you Voltron.

Wishing a better year for those of you who have had a bad time, Sumac I hope your health issues pick up, if they can.

Powder, very happy for you, being in a happy place is a good starting point for your plans ahead.

Not much to say for me this year, more of the same, which is fine, better than bad things. Will continue to look for something new this year, just gotta loose the indecisiveness.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:13 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

2019 was decent. With one exception. I "won" a trip to Vegas and took my best friend since elementary school as my "guest," yet when we came home I no longer have said best friend. A very stupid misunderstanding, I think. This kind of threw a monkey wrench into a couple of big projects we were drumming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Horrible year.
Problems with health, problems with money and ruined plans for the immediate future. And I thought 2018 was bad.
Jesus, what happened?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 01:40 AM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

2019 was a difficult year for me.

Multiple attempts at jobs fell through and I suffered a lot of grief with losing more cats than I ever would have imagined. Including an entire litter of kittens.

I'm looking to 2020 with more hope and a fresher start than ever, since I potentially have more opportunities down the line and can hopefully catch them as soon as possible.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:11 AM   #32
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Jesus, what happened?
New job ended up being not nearly as profitable as I hoped and I still waste a lot of money to pay debts for my apartment. It doesn't bring a lot of money, so I don't have hope to start massive fixing of my apartment and taking credit is not an option. And it desperately needs it. On top of it, I've seemingly got problems with my eyesight. So nothing to be happy about.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:41 AM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Actually it was an amazing year. I know lots of people, regardless of how their year went, are always posting like 'omg, can't wait for this year to be over...'

I mean, offhand in 2019

I got to visit my bro out of town and got to see End Game with him and one of my best friends. We lived together when we saw Iron Man back then when we had no idea how big of a success it would be, it was only fitting I saw End Game with my brother as well.

Got to attend 3 conventions, the most I ever had in a year.

Got to meet Rob Paulsen and almost pass out since he caught me off guard, lmao.

Got to meet Kelly Hu, who was also cool.

My brother came to visit me later this year, so I achieved a personal goal where we'd get to meet up twice in the same year

Got to see AEW live for their 4th episode ever where I got to talk to some of the wrestlers after the show.

Discovered LBRY a new video streaming service and learned how to use crypto a bit.

And on a smaller note, got more active in the PS4 fighting scene.

On a more 'adult level', I finally paid off two large debts that have been looming over me for a while, so now I can put money away fro the future.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 01-04-2020 at 01:12 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:44 AM   #34
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post

Got to attend 3 conventions, the most I ever had in a year.

Got to meet Rob Paulsen and almost pass out since he caught me off guard, lmao.

Got to meet Kelly Hu, who was also cool.
Oh cool, I would love to meet Kelly Hu, Paulsen would be cool too.
I did go to my first comic con last month though and I had a photoshoot with Sean Astin so I was happy about that.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:14 PM   #35
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Oh cool, I would love to meet Kelly Hu, Paulsen would be cool too.
I did go to my first comic con last month though and I had a photoshoot with Sean Astin so I was happy about that.
The funny thing was I bumped into Paulsen while heading towards his booth, so it took me a bit to recognize him. I even asked 'what are you doing away from your booth?'. It's the first time I was ever legit starstruck, as stupid as it sounds. I damn near passed out like a stupid little kid.

But c'mon. Ninja Turtles, especially the 80's one was the very core of my being back then. I imagine myself as a kid watching those old episodes, never imagining that I would get to meet the voice of one of them sometime later in life.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:25 AM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

God we’re 7 days into 2020 already and I feel like New Years was 2 days ago. Man something tells me this year will fly by and we’ll be surprised 2021 is around the corner. God I have to find some way to stop time from moving forward.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #37
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
God we’re 7 days into 2020 already and I feel like New Years was 2 days ago. Man something tells me this year will fly by and we’ll be surprised 2021 is around the corner. God I have to find some way to stop time from moving forward.
Well, you can't freeze time...soooo, if there is anything you have wondered about doing.. off you go...look into that
Old 01-07-2020, 10:32 AM   #38
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Well, you can't freeze time...soooo, if there is anything you have wondered about doing.. off you go...look into that
Here you go!

Meet the scientist trying to travel back in time | 12/19/19

But the article is pulled from CNN soooo..... maybe disregard.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:35 PM   #39
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

My thoughts are with everyone who had a rough 2019. You have my deepest sympathies.

I wish you all well.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:00 PM   #40
Prowler
Emperor

Well, this thread did not age well. Who would have thought at the end of 2019 that 2020 would turn out how it did after February was over?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote