The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 01-07-2023, 03:33 PM   #1
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Jordan Peterson Must Be Re-Educated

https://nypost.com/2023/01/05/jordan...-re-education/

Dr. Jordan Peterson has been ordered by the College of Psychologists of Ontario to undergo social media re-education or else he will lose his practicing license.

Geez, all because he told young people to clean their rooms?
Old 01-07-2023, 03:39 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
https://nypost.com/2023/01/05/jordan...-re-education/

Dr. Jordan Peterson has been ordered by the College of Psychologists of Ontario to undergo social media re-education or else he will lose his practicing license.

Geez, all because he told young people to clean their rooms?
This is because he retweeted some tweets that were critical of Justin Trudeau.
Old 01-07-2023, 03:40 PM   #3
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
This is because he retweeted some tweets that were critical of Justin Trudeau.
Of course. Challenging tyranny comes with serious consequences. But for some, it’s worth the effort.
Old 01-07-2023, 05:16 PM   #4
Sumac
Banned

Why I do think of Clockwork Orange?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 05:43 PM   #5
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

This dude is an idiot
Old 01-07-2023, 05:52 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Priceless.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 07:06 PM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Jordan Peterson, the guy that sounds like he thinks outside the box but is actually just talking mostly common sense.

This re-educated thing sounds kinds scary. He seems to mean a lot to a lot of people, so I don't want to imagine Peterson being a mouthpiece for Trudeau and how that will affect people.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 07:20 PM   #8
AquaParade
Banned

He’s a smart guy and should be allowed to voice his opinion. Guys like him don’t always need to be agreed with by everybody. He is thoughtful and brings a lot of interesting discussion to the table. Too many people have tried to silence him, it’s pretty ridiculous. He’s not a bad guy.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 08:16 PM   #9
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Why I do think of Clockwork Orange?

Re-education is never pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
This re-educated thing sounds kinds scary. He seems to mean a lot to a lot of people, so I don't want to imagine Peterson being a mouthpiece for Trudeau and how that will affect people.
There are young people who claim that Peterson’s lectures actually saved their life, and I believe them, considering that the majority of the current generation are a bunch of robots that depend on social media to even function, regardless of the kind of input that they receive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
He’s a smart guy and should be allowed to voice his opinion. Guys like him don’t always need to be agreed with by everybody. He is thoughtful and brings a lot of interesting discussion to the table. Too many people have tried to silence him, it’s pretty ridiculous. He’s not a bad guy.
Author Ta-Nehisi Coates compared Peterson to Red Skull. I see him like a more stern version of Mr. Rogers who doesn’t sugarcoat the truth.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:36 PM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

Author Ta-Nehisi Coates compared Peterson to Red Skull. I see him like a more stern version of Mr. Rogers who doesn’t sugarcoat the truth.
I mean he pretty much is.

And I found out he heard about that and made a joke about it, temporarily replacing the Hydra logo what that of a lobster.

Actually a lot of these crazy leftist ideologies are trying to use the same lobster analogy that Peterson tries to warn people about.

You don't just dunk the lobster into boiling water. You put it in lukewarm water and slowly turn up the heat. Trudeau is pretty much trying to stop Peterson from warning people that the water will indeed start to boil if we don't get out in time.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-07-2023, 09:44 PM   #11
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Same piece of **** who was glad that people died during 9/11 or something like that?
Knowing this, his opinion worth even less than ****, regardless of who Peterson is.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 09:56 PM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Same piece of **** who was glad that people died during 9/11 or something like that?
Knowing this, his opinion worth even less than ****, regardless of who Peterson is.
Yeah, an actual Marvel comic had Red Skull doing a podcast spreading hate while imitating (twisting) some of Peterson's phrases.

Like it's one thing to mock a scumbag like Trump, but to mock and vilify someone that's only guilty of 'I don't agree with him'?

Old 01-07-2023, 10:07 PM   #13
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Like it's one thing to mock a scumbag like Trump, but to mock and vilify someone that's only guilty of 'I don't agree with him'?
They want everyone to be helpless victims who can’t think for themselves and look to the State for hope and salvation. That’s why Peterson is such a huge threat; his lectures are empowering and give people thicker skin.
Old 01-07-2023, 10:41 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I mean he pretty much is.

And I found out he heard about that and made a joke about it, temporarily replacing the Hydra logo what that of a lobster
Well, his daughter did, who's actually really talented and interesting to listen to of her own right.

And the Trudeau thing wasn't him retweeting stuff, it was him having to actually send letters directly to Trudeau. Trudeau didn't like that.

Yes, please. Anyone watch like 10 minutes of either video and still call him a dumbass. Let's hear the argument. Go.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-08-2023 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-07-2023, 10:47 PM   #15
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
This dude is an idiot
Why do you think he is an idiot?
Bahamut810 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 10:47 PM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well, his daughter did, who's actually really talented and interesting to listen to on her own right.

And the Trudeau thing wasn't him retweeting stuff, it was him having to actually send letters directly to Trudeau. Trudeau didn't like that.
Trudeau can suck a lemon.

The way he treated the trucker freedom convoy and then had the nerve to make a speech about being against totalitarianism a few days afterwards.

Old 01-07-2023, 10:48 PM   #17
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Ever since his reinvention as a neocon,I can't stand the guy.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 10:52 PM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The same one. Who's supposedly still working on a black Superman movie.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:45 AM   #19
ssjup81
Foot Elite

This whole thing seems messed up and unfair. A bit surprising, really. Not sure what I'd do in this situation, but given I'm a wimpy type who hates conflict and confrontation, especially if on a monumental level, I'd probably pretend to be "re-educated" to placate them, and then go back to my old ways in a passive aggressive kind of way.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 09:22 AM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
This whole thing seems messed up and unfair. A bit surprising, really. Not sure what I'd do in this situation, but given I'm a wimpy type who hates conflict and confrontation, especially if on a monumental level, I'd probably pretend to be "re-educated" to placate them, and then go back to my old ways in a passive aggressive kind of way.
The only problem is how much can you pretend to be reeducated without actually being reeducated. It's like joining a cult pretending to follow along to expose them or something, how far can you go before you start believing it yourself.