The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-18-2021, 07:51 PM   #41
sdp
Megan Fox = April

You can't buy your childhood as an adult though, it's bitter sweet to get something you wanted as a kid but it'll never be the same. It's an exercise in futility.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:56 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've retired from buying action figures but understand why people still buy huge collections of them, I just have no place to display them and most of my toys just sat in my closet in bins for like 20 years. I have what I still have, all TMNT toys, but I don't buy new ones anymore.

As I mentioned before I no longer buy DVDs/blu-rays and sold all I have except for a few things like TMNT and a few special movies. I still have a huge videogame collection and TMNT comics, but I only buy TMNT comics and nothing else. Also when collections come out I usually sell the individual issues to save space, kind of why I wish IDW would continue putting out more Mirage collections.

Aside from that I don't really own much of value otherwise, besides a 4k TV and a computer, and I guess clothes if you count that. I realize I just don't need to own much anymore.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:18 PM   #43
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I love figures but I realized my completionist view was awful, I've narrowed down my collection to the ones I truly love and I replace a figure of same character comes out that I like better and not keep both. I mean I'd love to have all 4 Henson Neca turtles but I don't have the space, I'd rather just own one of them and also own a Super 7 turtle etc and have different universes represented instead of a cluttered shelf full of characters like most collections are. I actually have fun with my action figures since they're small and they're the best of what I love. I just keep my collection small and I prefer smaller figures because of that, smaller scales are awesome since it allows you to have more in a small space.

It's still a work in progress, I still have boxes of toys/games/collectables I need to sell but half my collection is already gone and it's so liberating.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:18 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

I could technically sell more, but I prefer physical comic book trades over digital comics. You can actually buy all of the TMNT comics digitally (both Mirage and IDW's) that they released, but for reading I prefer physical books. So I have to keep those at least.

I'm glad I never got into DC or Marvel comics, just imagining having 1000+ comics of Batman, Superman, Spiderman, X-men, etc. in my closet gives me the heebie jeebies.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:06 PM   #45
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I decided to narrow down my collection even further, basically if it isn't 3.75" or smaller it really needs to be questioned how much I want that figure. I only want the characters that I absolutely love, For characters I just like they need to be a smaller scale. Only the best of the best can be 6" scale since only a few figures that size take up plenty of space. On the other hand I'll begin collecting more micro figures and anything that's super small, since I can have plenty selection of characters that way and they barely take any space.

For consoles well almost all gaming is done on my PC, which gets basically almost everything the current generation consoles get and it can emulate anything previously. I will always keep the latest nintendo console since I love that company and their games. All games digital so no space taking there either.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:38 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

I still buy most games physically, which I guess is contradictory to what I want to do. But eh, I just don't like buying games digitally unless they're smaller type of games or old collections, since I feel like I don't really own it.
Old 09-25-2021, 11:33 PM   #47
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
You can't buy your childhood as an adult though, it's bitter sweet to get something you wanted as a kid but it'll never be the same. It's an exercise in futility.
That's true. But at the same time there's that extra feeling of "FINALLY! After all this time, it's finally here! It's finally mine!!"

That's kinda how I felt when I bought the 80's Slash and April O'Neil figures during one of the toys multiple re-releases a few years back. Or when I finally find a game I always wanted but never got to own like Super Double Dragon or Final Fight 3.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote