The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you drink coffee? Do you like sweets?
I like coffee and I like sweets 9 40.91%
I don't like coffee but I like sweets 12 54.55%
I like coffee but I don't like sweets 0 0%
I don't like coffee or sweets 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2021, 05:07 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Do you drink coffee? Do you like sweets?

Let's take it to the polls!

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 10-22-2021 at 05:12 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 05:17 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Coffee, no. Candy sure, but usually in limited amounts. Doesn't take much for sweet stuff to satisfy that craving.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:17 PM   #3
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

No to coffee. I’ve cut out cake, cookies, cupcakes etc..it’s been almost 3 months since I last eat any that.

I do suck on 3 Jolly Ranchers hard candy a day. It’s after I eat a meal.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:21 PM   #4
Leo656
The Franchise

I do love coffee. But I've had to cut back a lot lately because I've been taking Hydroxycut and I just can't handle all the caffeine between both of those things. It completely ruined my sleep cycle. So I went from two cups of coffee per day to maybe two cups every few weeks.

Sometimes my mother-in law makes brownies or something, or like a blueberry muffin cake. If it's there I'll have a little but it's not the kind of thing I get for myself.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:10 PM   #5
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I don’t drink coffee but sure I like sweets.

I don’t eat them everyday but I like the usual stuff. Cake, cookies, candy, brownies etc. I typically hold off on them so when I do I can have a big portion. Ya know to treat myself.
Old 10-23-2021, 01:43 AM   #6
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yes, my bad habits, coffee and chocolate. I don't eat sweets like hard candy type but if you count chocolate and cake then yes to both on the poll.

If I go out for coffee and want something sweet too I'll sometimes take caramel syrup in my coffee instead of having a cake.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 04:08 AM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Yes, I drink coffee. A cup or two a day.

Also, by coffee I mean Espresso or Cappuccino. Not the crap places like Starbucks call coffee. Only tourists go to those places.

Asking about both coffee and sweets in the same poll is a little odd. Sweets is a more vast thing. Do I eat sweets? Depends.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 07:39 AM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

I drink coffee basically every day. I don't use sugar, but I do use a sugared creamer. The Coldstone Creamery sweet cream is amazing. It's one of the few things I buy that isn't organic.

On that note, one of the most important things you can buy organic is coffee. You get more nasty chemicals from the farming of coffee than almost any other food out there, so buying organic coffee is a very relevant food choice.

Cameron's organic Breakfast Blend is really good for anyone who looks into this a bit and gives up on their Dunkin Donuts, McDonald's or... -yikes- Folgers grounds.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:41 PM   #9
ABrown
Banned

Can't start my day without a big cup of coffee. And who doesn't enjoy sweets every now and then?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:51 PM   #10
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

I like both but I don’t overdo it on sweets. Coffee, though is a different story. I simply can’t live without it! It is truly one of my favorite things the world has to offer!
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 02:11 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've never had one cup of coffee in my entire life.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 03:18 PM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I have to doctor coffee so much this barely coffee by the time I drink it. I have massive Sweet Tooth and that can get me in trouble sometimes.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:51 PM   #13
frank_one
Mad Scientist

A couple of coffee(s?) a day at least. With the moka, of course.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 06:02 PM   #14
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Honestly I can't remember the last cup of coffee I drank. And I swore off candy completely this year. Though I do buy a donut once in a while.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 07:50 PM   #15
Leo656
The Franchise

Actually having some WaWa coffee right now. I'm good with just a splash of Irish Cream or French Vanilla. I don't really like it too sweet anymore. I used to, but then I spent two weeks at a mental health retreat where they never had any creamer or sweetener so I got used to drinking it black pretty quickly. I don't prefer it that way but ever since then I don't really need to sweeten it up too much.

Old 10-24-2021, 01:27 AM   #16
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I have to doctor coffee so much this barely coffee by the time I drink it. I have massive Sweet Tooth and that can get me in trouble sometimes.
Full of syrup and/or cream?

Trouble with drinking coffee for me is that I don't like it so much without sugar, unless it is a latte. I did used to like when coffee places have the seasonal specials, toffee nut with cream and sprinkles was a favourite. So unhealthy but not a regular thing.

Last edited by newfan; 10-24-2021 at 03:25 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 06:41 AM   #17
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Yes and yes. Sweets and coffee are my vices, but between the two, I have more caffeine in my system than sweets.

The reason why? I've been cleaning my place - my parents are coming over in a few days. (I still need to get in touch with them.)

Due to the job, I've had little time to clean much of anything.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:29 AM   #18
IMJ
Emperor

I have a buddy that is one of those guys who talks really informed about his supplement and eating routine. I've literally never seen him in shape or even remotely looking athletic and not even remotely close to me in terms of physical shape. He tried to admonish me for drinking coffee one time about a year ago.

He asks, sort of provoking the topic, "how much coffee do you drink every day?" and he's trying to make some point that it's bad for you.
I tell him, "probably between 4 and 6 cups a day".
He replies with that sort of "shock and awe" laugh-response, saying "FOUR and SIX CUUUUUPPPSSS!!!?"
I stay totally flat about it and tell him - and you can see in his eyes that he feels dumb as dog $#!( when the epiphany washes over him - that four and six cups is only like maybe one standard coffee mug and a refill.

So he simmers down from his uninformed rant, and I tell him that he's living on information like an aging guy with heart problems in the 50's. That coffee is actually great for you in many ways, and even has anti-cancer properties to it. LMFAO, now he drinks coffee routinely and acts as if he's always done it. But that's how he is - great guy, but a member of the play-pretend-information gang of humanity and acts informed.

"FOUR or SIX CUUUUUUPS?!?!"

Coincidentally the same guy literally just two weeks ago had some kind of tumor growth thing removed from his leg. Of course I want him to be okay, and obviously when we talk I try to support his efforts for health. Irony alert - on the phone yesterday he was going on about how great his eating routine is. His go-to in diet conversations is to go on about "kale". See, I buy "organic power greens" mixes (contains kale, spinach, etc); but his "food victory" is routinely that he buys "fresh organic kale", and how great it tastes when you buy it fresh. It's his main go-to because he thinks it's some food-conversation-victory or something as if that is his trump card to win the "diet conversation". We are both the same age, I've been in better physical shape than this guy for each of the 25 years or so I've known him. But right now he's literally immobile from his leg issue but is going on with this feeling of victory because he was "already prepared" for the Doctors diet orders because he "eats that way already". Unreal.

I've known him for a long time and we are super tight. The guy has a lot of redeeming qualities as far as "friends" go, but man it's definitely a relationship I've maintained over the years by tolerance-of-stupidity and esteem-nonsense at times. Holy $#!(.

Last edited by IMJ; 10-24-2021 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-24-2021, 10:55 AM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

I'd be in much better shape if I had it in me to eat "right", but I don't.

I don't eat BAD, like I'm only an occasional eater of fast food, I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and I'd always rather have "real food" than junk food. Like when people gorge themselves on candy and chips or whatever I get a little bit ill. I don't need candy or whatever, I'd rather have a nice big steak.

But I love cheese, and pasta, and Chinese food, and I share a kitchen with three other people so a lot of the time it's just easier to eat prepared meals you just throw in a skillet for 15 minutes rather than "really" cook. I eat at odd times because my sleep schedule is permanently f*cked, and sometimes I do dumb sh*t like eat a bunch of hot dogs or some macaroni and cheese for breakfast. I'm also flat-out terrible at portion control. I eat like a damn dog; if you don't take the food away I'll probably keep eating until I can't move.

Can't stick to a meal plan, can't stick to a schedule. I don't avoid vegetables, but I don't really like 'em.

So I don't especially eat "bad things" but I do eat like a f*cking fatass. I did manage to get that extra 15lbs off, recently, though, so that's good.

If I took care of myself like at all I'd be in much better shape. As it is, I work out so hard partly so I can continue to eat like a moron and skate by in "reasonable" shape. I'll probably never have visible abs again, but that's okay. Y'know what's more fun than having abs? Eating a whole package of Kraft singles at 1am for no goddamn reason.

Old 10-24-2021, 11:17 AM   #20
IMJ
Emperor

Yeah I haven't had a rocking lower/mid core in a while. I'm starting to look like that middle-aged guy who is jacked in the chest and shoulders still but everything else is... eh. And even that is on the decline because I don't physically do the things I used to do almost at all anymore. I don't know... maybe I've got one more "workout-as-a-lifestyle" run in me at this phase of life, but my mind has been on developing a business and my investments rather than lifting weights daily when I had a more... physical job we will say.

I'm also a huge "cheese on everything" and "pasta at anytime" guy as well. We were an Irish family - wanna put f'n cheeze on anything. Like any casserole thing with potatoes and cheese incorporated, OMG. Feeding frenzy.

Last edited by IMJ; 10-24-2021 at 11:25 AM.