The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-01-2020, 07:35 AM   #181
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Didn't they make Thrawn into a loser in Rebels?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:49 AM   #182
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I thought he was fine on the show, personally.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:01 AM   #183
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
From what I remember he didn't even get that much screentime, he was introduced fairly late into the series when it was nearly ending.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 12:15 PM   #184
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I honestly had no idea she was in that 90s "KIDS" movie.

Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere way after I saw it on video.

That movie was f*cking terrible.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:00 AM   #185
nylemon

Boba Fett kicks ass. He's more like the boy when he honor his father than the grown man which is a pure bounty hunter work for Jabba

Last edited by nylemon; 12-04-2020 at 06:09 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:29 AM   #186
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Boba kicked ass in this episode. Nice that we also finally got confirmation his father was a Mandalorian.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:36 AM   #187
CyberCubed
Overlord

Boba Fett makes his first real return in 2020. I wonder if they'll have him track down Han somehow.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:59 PM   #188
Roseangelo
Emperor

I have never liked Boba Fett. Kinda dug him here.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 03:46 PM   #189
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's funny how the fans meme'd both Darth Maul and Boba Fett to survive their fates in the movies and come back to life, so to speak. Then I realize it's 30 years later so the people writing the stories now were the fans who grew up with the originals and now they're basically having all their fanfiction dreams become a reality.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:26 PM   #190
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Saw this episode. Wow, that was great! Shesus... this season has already given me like everything I wanted to see already. In one episode it accomplished something the movies never did, which was make Boba Fett a badass. And it's so perfect to see Temuera back -- and of course it should be him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Boba Fett makes his first real return in 2020. I wonder if they'll have him track down Han somehow.
It'd be fun for them to cross paths but I don't see any real need. The only one owed Han Solo was Jabba, who is dead. There is nobody for Boba to return Han to.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 12:10 AM   #191
CyberCubed
Overlord

The interesting things is a few years ago there were movies rumored for Boba Fett, Ahsoka, Yoda and Obi-wan...and it seems all those ideas were merged into TV series instead.

Boba Fett and Ahsoka appeared here (and I'm sure Ahsoka is getting her own spinoff in the future, they didn't cast her in live-action just for a few short roles), and Yoda more or less became baby Yoda. And of course we have the Obi-wan series coming next year sometime.

We'll probably see Thrawn in live-action next season, along with more of the cartoon characters cast in live-action from Clone Wars and Rebels. Maybe even Cal Kestis from the videogames.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:20 AM   #192
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The Boba Fett movie was very real, not a rumor. Josh Trank was working on it heavily until Simon Snitchberg got it buried because of his behavior on the Fantastic Four set. Also, the Obi Wan series is still very much happening... it just apparently changes shape every few months (number of episodes and so on)?
Old 12-06-2020, 10:28 AM   #193
garsh
Foot Soldier

Spoiler:
With the Razor Crest destroyed, I'm restless to know what they have planned for a future ship.

It was great seeing Boba finally living up to his original image. I guess after the prequels, with Jango and all, I had given up the thought of any such thing ever happening.

Otherwise, this episode was straining my limits for camp. The Jedi forcefield was too dazzly to take seriously, and the dark trooper droids came off just as cartoonish. The cyborg midriff was cringe, along with the "in his debt" trope. And the trooper who didn't bother to try to get out of the way of the boulder? It gave me a flashback of watching Prometheus. It's like they forgot they were making a live action show.
garsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:45 PM   #194
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by garsh View Post
Spoiler:
With the Razor Crest destroyed, I'm restless to know what they have planned for a future ship.
Spoiler:
Maybe he will be gifted Boba's Slave II?

Quote:
Otherwise, this episode was straining my limits for camp. The Jedi forcefield was too dazzly to take seriously
We've seen Jedi Forcefields before ("Attach of the Clones," on Obi Wan). And cyborg midriffs are hard to get worked up in a post-Darth Maul-survived-being-cut-in-completely-in-half universe.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:01 PM   #195
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Spoiler:
Maybe he will be gifted Boba's Slave II?

We've seen Jedi Forcefields before ("Attach of the Clones," on Obi Wan). And cyborg midriffs are hard to get worked up in a post-Darth Maul-survived-being-cut-in-completely-in-half universe.
I thought the episode was great, but I have to say that I thought the manifestation of the Force around the kid was a bit much. And fat Boba Fett with his gut hanging out of the armor was borderline hysterical in a moment that was supposed to be a bad ass return.

But those observations aside, love this show and thought the episode was great. I don't know about the "honorable Boba Fett" though. The guy is a scumbag to the core - no need to play him up as an anti-hero.

Again, some criticisms, but I thought the episode was great.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:07 PM   #196
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
And fat Boba Fett with his gut hanging out of the armor was borderline hysterical in a moment that was supposed to be a bad ass return.
Yes, yes... there is that ooone super distracting shot where his torso is kind of hunched back while he points his fist forward... WHOMP, there's kind of just all this belly suddenly front and center. They could have done so many things different there... alternate angles, cropping, etc..

#1: Boba Fett would have gotten skinnier inside that Sarlacc Pit, not fatter.

#2: I understand that Temeura Morrison had relatively short notice between, "Hey would you be interested in reprising Boba Fett?" and "Hey, we shoot in 3 weeks"... but could they not have just used a skinnier stunt double for certain shots? They do that for the main Mandalorian all the time!

Quote:
I don't know about the "honorable Boba Fett" though. The guy is a scumbag to the core - no need to play him up as an anti-hero.
Where is the "scumbag to the core" coming from? The cartoons? I haven't seen him in those yet. I certainly didn't get "scumbag to the core" from the movies, or even what of him in the old EU "Legends" I read.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:32 PM   #197
CyberCubed
Overlord

Boba Fett never appeared in any of the cartoons. This is his first appearance in the new canon since Episode 6.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:38 PM   #198
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Boba Fett never appeared in any of the cartoons.
That's not true. I saw a clip of him trying to kill Mace Windu with a bomb and all. Had to be Clones or Rebels.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:46 PM   #199
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Boba Fett never appeared in any of the cartoons. This is his first appearance in the new canon since Episode 6.
Quote:
That's not true. I saw a clip of him trying to kill Mace Windu with a bomb and all. Had to be Clones or Rebels.
Boba Fett's first appearance ever was in a cartoon. Also, Andrew you're right - he had a few long arcs actually in the Clone Wars cartoon. He appears as a Teenager and runs around with a cohort of Bounty Hunters - even though he is a kid he's shown to be the most vicious and savvy among them.

Boba Fett as a scumbag thing IIRC comes from some of the content from the OT - he disintegrates people he's fighting without any regard and I think there are a few lines here and there that sort of define who these bounty hunters are, although I can't remember if it's words in content or words in inflection. But I always saw a picture painted that those guys, Fett the top amongst them - where the height of "scum and villainy" in the Universe. Cantina kinda guys.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:16 PM   #200
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
And fat Boba Fett with his gut hanging out of the armor was borderline hysterical in a moment that was supposed to be a bad ass return.
I guess someone got confused, and thought it was "Boba FATT" and not "Boba FETT"?

.......Alright, that was terrible even by my standards. Sorry about that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancelculture