The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you rich?
Yes I am very rich 1 5.56%
I am not rich but pretty well off 7 38.89%
I make average income 6 33.33%
No I am dirt poor 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2020, 11:52 PM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylemon View Post
Well if I understand right, do you say that most Chinese families suffer family violent and woman beat man. If you think so then that is definitely not true. It's crazy you think that way and there is a deep misunderstanding here.
No, that's not it at all. I think we are simply having a language barrier issue.

If anything, I was making a point about how that kind of thing happens Over Here alllllllllll the time. I have no idea what happens Over There, I've never been over there.

Forgive me for not being more clear. I haven't had a very good day today and my mood is not the best. Also, I think I may have a concussion.

Sorry for any confusion.
-----------------------

Back on topic.... ANY person who wears a watch that costs more than a car payment deserves to be boiled in oil and their bones left in the sun to be picked clean by scavengers. What kind of bourgeoisie c*cksucker bullsh*t is that? It's a WATCH. Not only does nobody even NEED one anymore, as has been repeatedly stated, but odds are nobody's going to ever see the damn thing except the person wearing it, unless you make a big showy display of "checking the time" every five seconds to make sure people see you, which is ALSO grounds for being fed headfirst into a wood chipper. You might as well get a diamond-encrusted c*ck ring while you're at it. That way every time you take a piss you can be all, "WOW, what an awesome guy I am."

Also on the list of "People I'd Like To Flay Alive And Make Them Swallow As Much Of Their Own Skin As Possible Before They Die" are people who wear sneakers with lights in them, and anyone who says "supper" when they mean "dinner". Along with anyone who says "funnily enough". Those people get the dull scalpel for the flaying part.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 11-10-2020 at 12:02 AM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:00 AM   #42
neatoman
Emperor

I am not rich, I would very likely qualify as poor. I receive roughly 3000 SEK every month (that's about 300 USD in case you're wondering) for my studies. I don't work as I find it too difficult to balance work with full-time studies, if I did work however, my income would likely only be about 10 000 SEK which still isn't much. However, I am currently writing my thesis and once I have my degree, I will likely qualify for a job that could earn me 30 000 to 40 000 SEK per month, in which case I would be rich.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:38 AM   #43
nylemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
No, that's not it at all. I think we are simply having a language barrier issue.

If anything, I was making a point about how that kind of thing happens Over Here alllllllllll the time. I have no idea what happens Over There, I've never been over there.

Forgive me for not being more clear. I haven't had a very good day today and my mood is not the best. Also, I think I may have a concussion.

Sorry for any confusion.
-----------------------

Back on topic.... ANY person who wears a watch that costs more than a car payment deserves to be boiled in oil and their bones left in the sun to be picked clean by scavengers. What kind of bourgeoisie c*cksucker bullsh*t is that? It's a WATCH. Not only does nobody even NEED one anymore, as has been repeatedly stated, but odds are nobody's going to ever see the damn thing except the person wearing it, unless you make a big showy display of "checking the time" every five seconds to make sure people see you, which is ALSO grounds for being fed headfirst into a wood chipper. You might as well get a diamond-encrusted c*ck ring while you're at it. That way every time you take a piss you can be all, "WOW, what an awesome guy I am."

Also on the list of "People I'd Like To Flay Alive And Make Them Swallow As Much Of Their Own Skin As Possible Before They Die" are people who wear sneakers with lights in them, and anyone who says "supper" when they mean "dinner". Along with anyone who says "funnily enough". Those people get the dull scalpel for the flaying part.
Okay, that makes things clear, I was misunderstand the whole thing in the first place...

Hope you through the bad day and have a good rest.

The way you describe the guy wearing a luxury watch is vividly stupid and funny

I personally don't have big issues on those good looking fancy people, especially your job need you to be that way. I just don't like my wife and my mother in law into these things that do not worth that much and just paid hard earned money for that nonsense stupid logos(Gucci, LV, watches and so on).

The $5000 watch(I know some advance old school technologies in that thing) I do wear once and that's on my wedding, bulky and uncomfortable and needed to modify time manually. Apple watch is way better for so many functionalities and light weighted.

Last edited by nylemon; 11-10-2020 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:55 AM   #44
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't think I've worn a watch in over 20 years. I think my Star Wars watch broke my Senior year of high school and I just never bothered replacing it.

Time is an illusion anyways; or at least, it doesn't exist in its true form as the manmade perception of it does. What we think of as "time" is manmade, a feeble attempt to exert humankind's will over natural forces, which are much more fluid and far beyond our ability to fully understand, much less control. "Time" in its true state is fluid and relative, depending greatly on a variety of factors.

And *I*, personally, have no "time" for such nonsense. The universe will put me where it wants me to be WHEN it wants me to be there, and not before. "What time is it?" "I don't know. Depends on where you are, doesn't it?" You don't need a $5000 bauble to tell you that.

"Be Here, Now." That's the ticket.

Old 11-10-2020, 07:19 AM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of ironic that people are either rich or not depending where they live even if they have the same salary. Someone could make a low income but live in a cheap area with low rent and live like a king. Meanwhile others pay $3500 a month rent and use up all their savings. Or the people who have like 5 kids and wonder where all their money is going because they decided to have an army of children over and over.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:58 PM   #46
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

I'll offer a different perspective here. I'm in college, and I live with my parents, and they are kind enough to let me live at home rent free, as long as I pay for things like my phone bill, and my car insurance and maintenance.

As for stuff like hobbies, admittedly I spend a pretty penny on my stuff occasionally, just like the rest of us. But I try to make sure I save at least few couple hundred dollars every month and pay the bills required. I know a few people that don't even do that much. I also don't drink or smoke or go to parties, which leaves me money for hobbies.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:28 PM   #47
ToSte
Hench Mutant

I definitely wouldn't be considered rich within my current surroundings, but I know I'm living relatively comfortably. Time outside of the US can give one a good perspective of what "rich" is.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:47 PM   #48
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Am I rich compared to the rest of the world..... Yes.....Yes I am....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:02 PM   #49
skylord
Thug

Currently living that DINK life. Gay relationship so no worries about getting knocked up. Any child expenses will be planned well in advance most likely.

I grew up poor so honestly feels like I'm getting too much money. I'm sure that'll change once we buy a house and eventually look into adoption. Get a little money destroyer in the house. Other than that gonna save up what I can for retirement/emergencies and find ways to be generous with excess income. I need to do research on charities I'd like to support.
skylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:09 PM   #50
Leo656
The Franchise

If I were rich, I would be Patrick Bateman, just without the pangs of guilt. But I would absolutely kill a lot of people and use my money and influence to cover it up and get away with it. I just wouldn't feel the least bit bad about it, is the only real difference.

Thus, I've often felt that it was the Universe's grand plan for me not to obtain wealth or influence, for the safety of other people. But if I had a genie's lamp, that is the life I would choose.

Old 11-10-2020, 05:41 PM   #51
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:52 PM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also what does it mean to be rich? How do we define being rich?

A huge house/mansion?
$500,000+ in the bank without needing to use it?
2-3 cars?
2-3 vacations a year?
Expensive clothes/furniture/jewelry, etc?

There's so many different ways to be "rich" nowadays I'm not even sure how to define it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:55 PM   #53
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

live large a big house
5 cars, you're in charge
Comin up in the world
Don't trust nobody
Gotta look over your shoulder constantly
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:30 PM   #54
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

A huge house/mansion?
$500,000+ in the bank without needing to use it?
2-3 cars?
2-3 vacations a year?
Expensive clothes/furniture/jewelry, etc?

There's so many different ways to be "rich" nowadays I'm not even sure how to define it.
Those are small fry. Here’s how you do it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ys/5688091002/

Hollywood's got a brand new billionaire, according to Forbes. The magazine, known for keeping track of celebrities' net worth, announced on Tuesday that longtime filmmaker Tyler Perry, 50, is officially a billionaire, joining ranks of Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:47 PM   #55
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I would personally define being rich as the ability to influence others, aka: Power.

Money is one of the ways, but not the only way to obtain Power.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:28 PM   #56
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Since working in fast food, and now a retail pharmacy, I'd say average to minimum wage.

I made about $20,000 in fast food according to my tax return. Barring some personal troubles, I did a decent job saving the money from it. Just need to deposit the amount into my actual bank.

The retail job has a pay increase though. We're talking from $10-$11 an hour at fast food (I did $10.50 an hour) to almost $13 an hour here. Then again, different states.

It ain't much. Especially because I'm still in school; it's a step in the right direction though.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:41 PM   #57
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Lest we forget what makes a man rich...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-lgusXsshk

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #58
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Lest we forget what makes a man rich...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-lgusXsshk
A near-death experience with angelic hallucinations and the crushing burdens of adult responsibilities?
Old 11-11-2020, 03:16 PM   #59
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

There are actually people who work part-time jobs in the US that make less than $7K in a year and do not get benefits. It's called the service industry. And, anyone who tells you working fast food is rough... yeah, it's true! But retail is harder.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:01 PM   #60
Powder
So tired of this place

When my friends are kind, I feel rich.

Otherwise, I'm f**ked.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote