The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #1001
Turtle-X
Foot Soldier

So they finally get rid of Shredder only to start out the new season by trying to resurrect him? If they were gonna do something like that why not save it for the end of the season/series? And all these guys suddenly showing up in the sewer, and they're super tough and we've never seen or heard of them before...yeah.
Turtle-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:40 AM   #1002
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle-X View Post
So they finally get rid of Shredder only to start out the new season by trying to resurrect him? If they were gonna do something like that why not save it for the end of the season/series?
Because there are other story arcs to happen.

The Turtle tots story
The Monster arc
Newtralizer/Mona Lisa/Bishop arc
Usagi arc
2nd crossover arc

I doubt we will see the Foot Clan again after this arc.

Quote:
And all these guys suddenly showing up in the sewer, and they're super tough and we've never seen or heard of them before...yeah.
There is an explanation of the little tough creepy guys is in the next episode.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #1003
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
So they finally get rid of Shredder only to start out the new season by trying to resurrect him? If they were gonna do something like that why not save it for the end of the season/series? And all these guys suddenly showing up in the sewer, and they're super tough and we've never seen or heard of them before...yeah.
The ressurection of Shredder after death is a loose adaption of it happening in Mirage and 4kids. It's no surprise this came right after Leonardo chopping off his head.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:08 PM   #1004
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
This is something that's irked me for a while, but since CyberCubed stated that this was a trend established in previous adaptions, then I can't really blame the writers for staying true to its predecessors (to some extent).

Preferably, I'd want it to be used as a means to give TMNT proper closure, but using it as an introduction to Season 5 really entices the viewers (or at least it did for me).

One thing I will bring up is that in the sneak-peak, FishFace, Karai, and Shinigami is nowhere to be seen. This makes me question if Karai and Shinigami is going to be involved and pivotal in Shredder's defeat and this also begs the question as to what role Fishface might play in the future. From what I recall, we were told that Fishface would be issuing a rematch with Raphael which likely won't happen in this arc's finale.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #1005
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
From what I recall, we were told that Fishface would be issuing a rematch with Raphael which likely won't happen in this arc's finale.
It was from Gwendolin Yeo instagram video, they were voice recording the forgotten Swordsman. You hear Sean Astin and Christian Lanz in the background talking about a rematch but that line must of got cut out because you don't hear it in the episode.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:29 PM   #1006
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
It was from Gwendolin Yeo instagram video, they were voice recording the forgotten Swordsman. You hear Sean Astin and Christian Lanz in the background talking about a rematch but that line must of got cut out because you don't hear it in the episode.
Well damn, I didn't know that. That kinda sucks then. Would've been nice to have a showing of Fishface's merciless personality (introduced as a human) after being mistreated as a gag character. Silly of me to believe that Fishface would get some moment of redemption.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #1007
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Raph and fish face could have been recording for another episode further down the line after all we are going to get a glimpse of the turtles futures as well not just their childhoods
Old 04-06-2017, 07:14 PM   #1008
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I wonder when the show will end, before meeting the five year mark in September or will it strech out all the way to 2018 to close just before Rise begins? I hope It finishes before 2018 begins, but after the show reaches its five year anniversary in September.

Its not as impressive as the FW shows 9 year run, or the 4kids shows 7 year run, but I'm still very happy we got a solid turtles show that ran for 5 whole years. I'm predicting that "Rise" will continue the tradition of animated turtles shows getting shorter and shorter, running for a maximum of 3 years.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #1009
Vegita-San
Emperor

it felt like they barely had a plan for a three year run, but nick gave it a standard 5 years, probably to help the syndication number run.

either way, i felt it was a very oddly run show.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:31 PM   #1010
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I wonder when the show will end, before meeting the five year mark in September or will it strech out all the way to 2018 to close just before Rise begins? I hope It finishes before 2018 begins, but after the show reaches its five year anniversary in September.

Its not as impressive as the FW shows 9 year run, or the 4kids shows 7 year run, but I'm still very happy we got a solid turtles show that ran for 5 whole years. I'm predicting that "Rise" will continue the tradition of animated turtles shows getting shorter and shorter, running for a maximum of 3 years.

Honestly, I think what Nick is doing in relation to "Rise" is to try and replicate it's success with Spongebob.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:32 PM   #1011
Vegita-San
Emperor

i think it's going to be more like teen titans go.

just like cartoon network trying to ditch all it's action shows before they got a shot at actually getting off the ground....i wonder if nick is the same way.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #1012
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think they're gonna try and make the next Spongebob/Teen Titans Go but that won't happen and the show won't last more than a few years.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #1013
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

How are TMNT and SpongeBob comparable at all??
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:48 PM   #1014
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
it felt like they barely had a plan for a three year run, but nick gave it a standard 5 years, probably to help the syndication number run.

What Nick shows have been in syndication?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:01 PM   #1015
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I think he means in terms of developing TMNT with a comedic slice of life approach so that they could milk it for years & years. Sorta like the OT, but modern.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:03 PM   #1016
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

You really need to stop posting in the Nick section. You prove with every single post you make about the Nick cartoon that you have no idea what you're talking about.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:09 PM   #1017
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
They're not, but both are Nick owned properties at this point. I think Rise's so-called "more humor, with a younger, lighter feel" may well be their attempt to make another long-lasting series by appealing to the same or similar audience.
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:58 AM   #1018
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
What Nick shows have been in syndication?
well, for the repeat run. when networks like to run blocks of shows at a time, i would think it'd have a longer repeat life with at least 5 seasons.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:21 AM   #1019
Vegita-San
Emperor

i was going to drop the show at this point, but what the hell..it's the last season. so, i watch the shows whenever i remember too. I stopped being invested in what happened in this series sometime around season 2's lackluster performance.

so far this season has been a horror movie fest. i don't know who likes these types of episodes, but there havebeen more in this show than any other. looks like yet another gross monster movie design with shredder coming up. oh joy!
Old 04-08-2017, 07:30 AM   #1020
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
well, for the repeat run. when networks like to run blocks of shows at a time, i would think it'd have a longer repeat life with at least 5 seasons.
You think reruns are the same as syndication?

No network is going to order additional seasons just to have a higher number of episodes they can air as reruns later on.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
season 5