The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 01-26-2023, 06:47 AM   #21
Vegita-San
Emperor

'ello...what do we have 'ere?

https://twitter.com/search?q=Veritas...ertical=trends

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:31 AM   #22
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Whatever the cause, I do know this: I’m glad that I never took a booster shot even the media screeched, “Get Moar, get moar!”. I only took the first two doses of the Moderna one back in 2021 because I had just got infected with the Delta variant. Fortunately it was a mild case and I only lost my taste and smell for a couple of days, but I didn’t want to risk getting sick again or even hospitalized. Even though my family doctor recommended Pfizer, I heard that Moderna was more effective in preventing breakthrough cases. Even after getting the first two doses, I didn’t want to get the third shot because I still didn’t completely trust this new drug, and I still don’t feel the need to take a booster now that the virus is getting even more weak with each variant and we know more about it then we did at the start of the pandemic.

Even my hardcore Democrat aunt who hates DeSantis’ guts is refusing to take another booster.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:47 AM   #23
Vegita-San
Emperor

i'm not anti vaxx, as they obviously do work....but sometimes things are just fishy. things here seem fishy.

I got one, and then the booster, and suddenly one of my levels dropped too dangerous levels soon after. thankfully, a pill fixed that, but if I wasn't going too a doctor, it could have been worse...so, no more for me, either. done with that stuff.

Old 01-26-2023, 11:17 AM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
I only took the first two doses of the Moderna one back in 2021 because I had just got infected with the Delta variant.
Wouldn't getting Delta be a good enough incentive not to get the vaccine? I got the first two doses of Moderna then later on got what I'm assuming was Delta. Now, if I'd had COVID before then I never would have bothered with it at all. If I'd needed a "proof of vax" slip to get into a restaurant during the stupidity, then I'd just Photoshop one.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:31 AM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Wouldn't getting Delta be a good enough incentive not to get the vaccine? I got the first two doses of Moderna then later on got what I'm assuming was Delta. Now, if I'd had COVID before then I never would have bothered with it at all. If I'd needed a "proof of vax" slip to get into a restaurant during the stupidity, then I'd just Photoshop one.
I did enjoy getting all the free Krispy Kreme donuts with proof of vaccination card for the second half of 2021. For "my health," indeed.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 12:03 PM   #26
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Even with my “vaxxed” status card, I refused to travel by plane. I ain’t for that “show me your papers” fascist bullcrap.
Old 01-26-2023, 12:38 PM   #27
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Even with my “vaxxed” status card, I refused to travel by plane. I ain’t for that “show me your papers” fascist bullcrap.
yeah, that whole crap didn't sit well with me, either. it felt awful odd too be doing that in america, for something people rightly claimed in the begining was nothing more damaging than the flu.

at this point, i'm curious how many of those covid deaths actually happened. I don't know one person who actually died from it.

Old 01-26-2023, 03:38 PM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i'm not anti vaxx, as they obviously do work....
You're doing what many people do and confusing not taking the CoVid 'vax' for being an anti-vaxxer.

Vaccines work. No one here is disputing that (I hope). It's just the simple fact that there is no real vaccine for CoVid.

Hell, if I put on my conspiracy hat I'd wager the 'anti-vax' movement was set up in advance so when they were ready to unleash CoVid and then the vaccine they could easily say 'well if anyone refuses to take them we can lump them in with the anti-vaxxers that are already hated, then no one will respect or believe them'.

I mean seeing how easily everyone is so quick to say 'oh well they're just anti-vaxxers' and now they even redefined the term to 'anyone against vaccines and vaccine mandates EVEN WHILE BEING VACCINATED THEMSELVES', I would not be surprised if that was the case.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 01-26-2023 at 06:15 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 03:43 PM   #29
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I don't think they are doing that anymore. We went to Vegas in October and there was no mention of "vaccine" anything when we flew there or back.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:02 PM   #30
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
The aftermath: that Pfizer employee claims he was “lying to impress a date”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...esponds-video/

From today, former NFL player Jesse Lemonier dead at 25

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/jessie-lemo...dies-at-age-25

2 days ago, 35 year old former NFL player Chris “Swaggy” Baker had a stroke, almost died

https://amp.tmz.com/2023/01/25/ex-nf...ke-recovering/

Quote:
I simply boycotted any businesses that required “proof of vaccination”. It was a big thing here in California. Then a few months later they dropped all those mandates. I guess alienating half of their customers was too costly for business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I don't think they are doing that anymore. We went to Vegas in October and there was no mention of "vaccine" anything when we flew there or back.
It seems most of U.S. dropped that vaccine mandate, but I wonder how it is in other countries. I want to go visit family in South America but have no idea what their covid policy is, as far as vaccine ID or testing. I’d rather not leave the country at this point, until if/when this whole thing blows over.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:31 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

A big part of that was the black population. Staggeringly high amounts of black people refused to get COVID vaccinations (moreso than any other demo), so what'd you'd end up with is restaurants and businesses refusing by to serve, well, black people. And in the middle of the BLM movement, no less. Not very good optics at all!
Old 01-27-2023, 03:28 AM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
You're doing what many people do and confusing not taking the CoVid 'vax' for being an anti-vaxxer.

Vaccines work. No one here is disputing that (I hope). It's just the simple fact that there is no real vaccine for CoVid.
Exactly. Whatever this is, it's both experimental and definitely not performing as advertized. F*ck the jab. Never got it, never will. And many of the people I know who were utterly rabid about persuading me to get it, including family members with whom I had bitter arguments in the early days of the rollout, have fallen oddly silent on the matter lately. Can't fool everyone forever.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:18 AM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Not to mention the friends I lost and never looked back. Especially with all the stuff we know now, and even that 'CoVid Amnesty' or whatever it was called where they wanted us to just... Forget how we were treated during the pandemic.

I don't actually expect an apology from my former friends, they were always too proud to admit they were wrong, but I did expect them to kinda start talking to me again outta nowhere as if nothing happened. To be honest, not sure how I'd respond. On one side a big '**** you' is well deserved, but on the hand, we were all scared during the pandemic's high time. Ah well.

I'd imagine even if Trump were to drop dead, grandpa still wouldn't be welcome to Thanksgiving cause he voted for him in 2016. Some people are just like that I guess.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-27-2023, 10:25 AM   #34
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Somebody is busted. And boy did he freak out.
Old 01-27-2023, 01:59 PM   #35
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Time for COVID vaccine 2.0 and the retirement of the original dose:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fda-advis...005346900.html

View my sketch work!
Old 01-27-2023, 02:58 PM   #36
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Time for COVID vaccine 2.0 and the retirement of the original dose:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fda-advis...005346900.html
Which we will continue to not get. I mean it's too little too late, the original caused irreparable damage. The trust is gone. Even if this one is an actual vaccine, who's stupid enough to trust it? No one signed up for a bi-annual subscription plan to this. People are getting, enduring and surviving CoVid every day. The mystery is out. It's not an insta-death like we thought.

As long as the mandates are gone, let people poke themselves silly. If they refuse to listen until they suddenly get heart complications that's on them, but at least it will be their choice to make.

It's time to stop. Stop the virtue signaling nonsense, stop the propaganda, stop the headlines with 'so-and-so fired cause they won't take the vaccine' 'project on delay cause lead actor/actress won't take the vaccine'. Just stop all of it. Treat it like the annual flu vaccine, which is all CoVid is now, a bad flu.

Just ****ing stop.

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 01-27-2023 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:12 PM   #37
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Which we will continue to not get. I mean it's too little too late, the original caused irreparable damage. The trust is gone. Even if this one is an actual vaccine, who's stupid enough to trust it? No one signed up for a bi-annual subscription plan to this. People are getting, enduring and surviving CoVid every day. The mystery is out. It's not an insta-death like we thought.

As long as the mandates are gone, let people poke themselves silly. If they refuse to listen until they suddenly get heart complications that's on them, but at least it will be their choice to make.

It's time to stop. Stop the virtue signaling nonsense, stop the propaganda, stop the headlines with 'so-and-so fired cause they won't take the vaccine' 'project on delay cause lead actor/actress won't take the vaccine'. Just stop all of it. Treat it like the annual flu vaccine, which is all CoVid is now, a bad flu.

Just ****ing stop.
Someone's gonna make a mint off "Bolsonaro Was Right" T-shirts (and I'm sad it won't be me 'cause I don't have the starter cash to invest in that right now).
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 03:14 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Treat it like the annual flu vaccine, which is all CoVid is now, a bad flu.
I've had way, way worse flus than COVID. It's not even close. Flus that would become brochitis to where I'm hacking up lung butter for days, even weeks, to even be able to breathe right or sleep. COVID? Just an annoying sinus infection that lasted like 10 days.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:19 PM   #39
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I've had way, way worse flus than COVID. It's not even close. Flus that would become brochitis to where I'm hacking up lung butter for days, even weeks, to even be able to breathe right or sleep. COVID? Just an annoying sinus infection that lasted like 10 days.
And yet I've become a pariah for not taking the vaccine lol

But c'mon, even the most brainwashed of the brainwashed has to stop and ask themselves, what exactly is in this 'vaccine' and why are they forcing everyone to take it? Cause now it sounds like 'well if they won't take the vaccine for CoVid or its variants.... LET'S SEE HOW THEY LIKE SUPER COVID!!!' like really? what's the obsession? What IS in this thing? Why won't they stop?

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 01-27-2023 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:13 PM   #40
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Ok, peeps, PLEASE drop the faked death/survival conspiracy as regards Hamlin specifically, regardless of any broader concerns about vaccines and government hypocrisy:
https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/35547657

View my sketch work!