Originally Posted by nidza_maj2000 View Post
she will be in crossover which might make people appreciate her more
Or hate her more.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 06:46 PM   #42
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.ign.com/articles/tmnt-sa...erse-crossover

Dear Lord, you are right. I don't get it,but here we are. I love Easter eggs and references, but all I want is for Burnham to explain why he jumped in after Shredder Triumphant yet Shredder and co are holding up in the Hall of Science already.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM   #43
staypuftweepel
Foot Soldier

Wow, all of this seems like IDW is trying to milk Tmnt comics for all their worth. I guess it makes sense since it’s their best seller and IDW is barely clinging on to life, but this is way too much stuff. I was hoping Waltz and Campbell’s reign was over so we could move on to something new, but this doesn’t look like it’ll be a brand new take. Just more of the same hidden behind a relaunch. I’d rather they continue with #151 if that’s the case. Hopefully Aaron isn’t restricted and can put out the comics he wants to make. also it’d be nice in that black and white and green comic if they actually hired some original Mirage people to put out some content. All of those dudes are still alive, it’d be nice to see them put out some new material.
staypuftweepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 12:14 AM   #44
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
How many people can brag that their OC is now part of main continuity?
...Literally everyone who has ever created a character for the series?
Old 03-20-2024, 08:33 AM   #45
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Why not? I think she deserved to be part of this, I haven't read much of TMNT IDW comic book but from what I have she seems like a good character and like I said she will be in crossover which might make people appreciate her more
You’ve just confessed that you haven’t read much of the ongoing series, yet you have somehow concluded that Jennika is a good character and that people would love to have more appearances of her? Sorry, but I question your judgement here. That’s like someone who is just a casual baseball fan and only occasionally watches a game saying that the worst player on the team is just as good as the best player and that he should be paid just as much. The other more hardcore fans, who have watched nearly every game to date, would think that this person was nuts for saying something like that.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 03-20-2024 at 08:41 AM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 02:54 PM   #46
nidza_maj2000
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
You’ve just confessed that you haven’t read much of the ongoing series, yet you have somehow concluded that Jennika is a good character and that people would love to have more appearances of her? Sorry, but I question your judgement here. That’s like someone who is just a casual baseball fan and only occasionally watches a game saying that the worst player on the team is just as good as the best player and that he should be paid just as much. The other more hardcore fans, who have watched nearly every game to date, would think that this person was nuts for saying something like that.
That doesn't mean I can't have opinion on her based on what I read in comic
nidza_maj2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 07:48 PM   #47
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
That doesn't mean I can't have opinion on her based on what I read in comic
Of course, you’re entitled to your own opinion; everyone here is. I just question the validity of that opinion since you yourself just said that you have limited knowledge of the ongoing series as you haven’t read that much of it.

Some longtime fans who have followed the entire series since issue #1 do like the character of Jennika for whatever reasons and that’s fine; others, like myself, feel that she’s a pointless addition who stole the spotlight from the main four and merely serves to check diversity boxes as well as to stroke the writer’s ego as a self-insert character. To me, personally, she serves as a symbol of IDW TMNT’s hard fall from grace since #100, aka the Campbell run.