The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-23-2024, 04:14 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Issue #149 preview and discussion

Here's a preview for issue 149, It contains a huge spoiler.
https://screenrant.com/tmnt-149-prev...tles-armaggon/

Spoiler:

Last edited by TigerClaw; 02-23-2024 at 04:36 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 04:21 PM   #2
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Man, it's gotten so timey whimy I'm almost expecting the Docter to just pop up.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 04:38 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Leo is crying there because someone got unmutated? Why is that cry-worthy?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 06:22 PM   #4
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Leo is crying there because someone got unmutated? Why is that cry-worthy?
Campbell logic. It’s like watching Steven Universe: full of cutesy crybaby characters
Old 02-23-2024, 06:41 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

What on earth? So that Lita kid got changed back to a human and Leonardo is mad? What is Sophie on? This feels like character assassination.

Also as I've said previously, this whole "Evil Bob from the future" thing is honestly so dumb, because his only motive is to be de-mutated back to a human again. Like wtf is going on, why would he join Armaggon and try to erase history just for this.

Sophie's run cannot end soon enough.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:22 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

... Oh no! Something that is at the very worst a neutral change has happened to the little girl! Now she won't look like a monster to rest of the world anymore and can integrate with regular society! Maybe she'll get adopted, go to school, get a career, start a family and have a social life outside of a few select weirdos. What a horrible fate!...

Fuck this. I mean really, just fuck this bullshit logic, man. There is nothing, literally nothing bad about what happened to Lita here, not a single goddamn thing. Out of all the stupid, horrible, low quality shitty writing decisions made in this series for the past four years this may very well be up there as taking the crown. I'm not joking when I say these pages make me want to scream directly into Mike, Leo, Carmen, April and Koya's ears about how fucked up their reaction to all of this is.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 02-23-2024 at 07:49 PM.
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:31 PM   #7
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Not surprised. They did a lot of character assassination on other characters. Making Leo a crybaby is just one of them. Seriously, since he already has such power, why didn't he use it on himself first?
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:43 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Fuck this. I mean really, just fuck this bullshit logic, man. There is nothing, literally nothing bad about what happened to Lita here, not a single goddamn thing. Out of all the stupid, horrible, low quality shitty writing decisions made in this series for the past four years this may very well be up there as taking the crown. I'm not joking when I say these pages make me want to scream directly into Mike, Leo, Carmen, April and Koya's about how fucked up their reaction to all of this is.
Yeah, if this wasn't Sophie's second to last issue I could have seen this being a good point to drop the book. Thankfully it's almost over.

Leonardo saying, "This is a violation!" literally had me laugh out loud with how moronic that sounded. I think Sophie was trying to do a trans-allegory here or something? But it's generally a baffling thing to write either way given Lita was a human little girl.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:47 PM   #9
Dangv
Random Punk

It's wrong to be normal in Campbellverse, duh.
Dangv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:47 PM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

The only way I can see this moment getting "fixed" is if Lita stays human, is written out of the series for a while and when they reunite, it's turned into a joke where she flips them off, tell them to eat shit for not considering the long term benefits and point out she never wants to see them again for how they reacted.
Hahahaha!
Old 02-23-2024, 08:26 PM   #11
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Seriously. The only way this is a big deal is if it affected one of the uplifted animal mutants, not the LITERAL CHILD WHO IS NOW BACK TO NORMAL. Seriously, what the hell is this?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Campbell's stupid run can't end quickly enough.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 10:14 PM   #12
hypered1
Mad Scientist

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by the single minded idiocracy here that has completely missed the point of this being Leo's internal rage at failing as a father figure.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 10:26 PM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by the single minded idiocracy here that has completely missed the point of this being Leo's internal rage at failing as a father figure.
And? Who cares? The intention makes no sense, if he wanted what's best for her then he'd allow her the best possibility for the future. If the intention is just for him to raise her himself instead of letting an adoptive human couple do it, then what he's saying is unbelievably selfish. And keep in mind, if Lita really still wants to live with a bunch of mutated turtles, this changes nothing. Absolutely NOTHING, except her having broader possibilities.
Hahahaha!
Old 02-23-2024, 10:28 PM   #14
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Wait. Is this the author’s way of saying “Protect Trans Kids”, considering Leo’s despair over Lita de-mutating?
Old 02-23-2024, 11:07 PM   #15
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

So Lita is trans? I guess that was probably stated somewhere and I just wasn't paying attention.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 11:12 PM   #16
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
If Leo's idea of being a good father is selfishly wanting to keep Lita a mutant, instead of doing what's best for her, then the character is beyond f**ked. Lita can still live with them, still be family, but now she's back to normal and can do more things. Demutating is literally the best outcome for her and basically every mutant introduced since mutant town.

But no, apparently we're all idiots, all of us, each of us, every one, because we don't like the stupid and out of character decisions that have been made in this run once again. The real "single minded idiocracy" are the people who mindlessly praise and defend this, and try to shut down any discourse by insisting that anyone who has a different opinion is an idiot.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 11:20 PM   #17
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
If Leo's idea of being a good father is selfishly wanting to keep Lita a mutant, instead of doing what's best for her, then the character is beyond f**ked. Lita can still live with them, still be family, but now she's back to normal and can do more things. Demutating is literally the best outcome for her and basically every mutant introduced since mutant town.

But no, apparently we're all idiots, all of us, each of us, every one, because we don't like the stupid and out of character decisions that have been made in this run once again. The real "single minded idiocracy" are the people who mindlessly praise and defend this, and try to shut down any discourse by insisting that anyone who has a different opinion is an idiot.
Yeah, exactly. Fuck the way all these characters react here. Even if the actual issue has Lita declare that it's OK and that being turned back into a human fine (and I doubt that is what will happen but let's assume there is enough clarity amongst the writers and editors to realise this reaction from them is stupid), then it still won't change the fact that Lita has plenty to gain and nothing to lose from being turned back into a human. It's not that Leo is "protective" of Lita that is the problem, it's that his first reaction is that this is bad thing when there are literally no logical reasons it would be.
Hahahaha!
Old 02-24-2024, 01:01 AM   #18
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Obviously, this prove once again that they can't even handle bloated side characters. If Lita become mutants again, the damage done to Leo's character will still be there. If she changed back to human forever, that mean everything about future Lita and Band Wars arc is pointless and wasted.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 04:54 AM   #19
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

I think it's less that she was demutated and more that Leo couldn't stop Bob from doing who knows what to her. I mean, a small child just got messed with by a dude serving a time-eating megalodon using powers born of "QNA" science that nobody else there fully understands. Even if Lita wanted to be demutated this whole time, I doubt Leo and the others would trust that to Bob and his crazy powers. Who knows what other effects they could have on her?
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 06:55 AM   #20
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
I think it's less that she was demutated and more that Leo couldn't stop Bob from doing who knows what to her. I mean, a small child just got messed with by a dude serving a time-eating megalodon using powers born of "QNA" science that nobody else there fully understands. Even if Lita wanted to be demutated this whole time, I doubt Leo and the others would trust that to Bob and his crazy powers. Who knows what other effects they could have on her?
It's this exactly. Leo's reaction was borne from the heat of the moment, no different than when Splinter snapped the broom in issue #18.
Absolutely he would want what's best for her, but in this instance he's angry at himself for failing to protect a child.
Also let's not forget that Lita was abandoned as a child before she was mutated so literally knows nothing outside of her adoptive mutant family.