The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-02-2022, 11:42 PM   #2181
Germ
Foot Soldier

All good man, and thanks for the info! Still trying to figure out what’s going on with mine…. It’s been saying “Label created” For over a week now.
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 03:23 AM   #2182
Meow
Stone Warrior

Didn't even get a shipping notice yet, only the info mail about which packs are going to be shipped, etc. Maybe .us customers get handled first before international ones. Or maybe because I ordered all 3 SOTO packs at once. No idea.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:25 AM   #2183
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Wonder when those who ordered from the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale will get their items shipped? Anyone think before Christmas?
Old 12-03-2022, 01:56 PM   #2184
Robogeek1973
Thug

Received my Tokka and Rahzar set today.

What a glorious looking set.
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 09:43 PM   #2185
vexdar
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Didn't even get a shipping notice yet, only the info mail about which packs are going to be shipped, etc. Maybe .us customers get handled first before international ones. Or maybe because I ordered all 3 SOTO packs at once. No idea.
I ordered both the Ooze figures and the accessory set, but I haven't gotten a shipment notice yet.
vexdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 02:13 AM   #2186
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexdar View Post
I ordered both the Ooze figures and the accessory set, but I haven't gotten a shipment notice yet.
Ok, where are you from if I may ask?

Besides: Are there any differences to be expected between the original release of tokka+rhazar and the reproduced ones that are shipping now?
Old 12-04-2022, 03:45 PM   #2187
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Are there any differences to be expected between the original release of tokka+rhazar and the reproduced ones that are shipping now?
Not that I’ve noticed. I got a set back in the day and they look pretty much the same. May be some subtle differences, but nothing substantial.
Zachatello00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 11:42 AM   #2188
Dask
Mad Scientist

Keno and Scooter

Keno and Scooter:

https://toynewsi.com/139-45356
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 11:58 AM   #2189
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Mighty cool!
This makes me hopeful that we'll get April's Channel Six News bike in the TOon line.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:08 PM   #2190
vexdar
Thug

Quote:
Ok, where are you from if I may ask?

Besides: Are there any differences to be expected between the original release of tokka+rhazar and the reproduced ones that are shipping now?
America

pretty sure tokka +Rahzar are the same as the original
vexdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 09:47 AM   #2191
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

As cool as we all think it is in concept/theory, it's really a stupid decision by NECA IMO.

They already know this is a character that most people won't buy.

Do they think the scooter will compel a few more?

In reality it will detract a few more by jacking the price up higher on a figure people were on the fence about anyway.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 01:00 PM   #2192
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

I just received my Ooze Shredder from the Black Friday "sale" but still haven't got any emails for my 4pack and the accessories set. Order was placed and it was paid on the pre-order on March 22nd with receipt. Hopefully I will get one this week or next. When I did this for the first go around of Tokka and Rahzar 2 pack along with the Casey/Raph pack, that shipped first then Super Shredder came the following week or 2. Not giving up on them.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 02:22 PM   #2193
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
As cool as we all think it is in concept/theory, it's really a stupid decision by NECA IMO.

They already know this is a character that most people won't buy.

Do they think the scooter will compel a few more?

In reality it will detract a few more by jacking the price up higher on a figure people were on the fence about anyway.
I think you are vastly underestimating the appeal of Keno. He's pretty up there in terms of SOTO popularity. Also, the scooter gives variety to the street scene diorama set-up.

It will likely be sold in tiers.

Basic Keno (let's say $24.99)
Keno and Scooter (let's say $99.99)
Keno and Scooter Signed (~ $149.99)

Actually, I may have been one of the first folks to mention that NECA should include a scooter with Keno. That was more than a year ago...
Old 12-07-2022, 03:27 PM   #2194
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

If it does come in tiers, then they won't tell us that is the case, they'll release w/scooter as a con exclusive, everyone will rush and buy it thinking it's their one and only chance, then 1-2 years later they'll push out a basic version. With some slight improvement or additional accessory ensuring that you must buy that too even if you already have the scooter version.

And they'll laugh all the way to the bank.

Maybe.

That is if all the people you are alluding to (myself included) remain the same highly addicted rubes with no self control or concept of money management that they have been all this time. However I think at least some of said people are starting to catch on and grow out of that phase.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 05:39 PM   #2195
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Just got shipping for the neca cyber Monday sale, both sets of SOTO turtles and shredder
LincolnHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 06:19 PM   #2196
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
If it does come in tiers, then they won't tell us that is the case, they'll release w/scooter as a con exclusive, everyone will rush and buy it thinking it's their one and only chance, then 1-2 years later they'll push out a basic version. With some slight improvement or additional accessory ensuring that you must buy that too even if you already have the scooter version.

And they'll laugh all the way to the bank.

Maybe.

That is if all the people you are alluding to (myself included) remain the same highly addicted rubes with no self control or concept of money management that they have been all this time. However I think at least some of said people are starting to catch on and grow out of that phase.

I want the one with the scooter so I am all in. Day 1 purchase.
I don't care about the signature or anything.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:17 AM   #2197
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
(...) but still haven't got any emails for my 4pack and the accessories set.
Scroll up a bit, been talking about that earlier up. Saying you're not the only one, national and international, who got notice of things being shipped in general but no individual shipping notice yet.

Quote:
If it does come in tiers, then they won't tell us that is the case
Yeah, thought so as well. Neca seems to have a masters degree in that. And sometimes it seems to me neca also likes to hand over the quality testing to the customers after they paid for a figure, eg first movie april knees, first movie casey elbows. And then you're like "Dang! I shoulda waited, now that they pushed out an updated version, grrr fffff you neca".
Old 12-08-2022, 08:53 AM   #2198
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
If it does come in tiers, then they won't tell us that is the case, they'll release w/scooter as a con exclusive, everyone will rush and buy it thinking it's their one and only chance, then 1-2 years later they'll push out a basic version.
Oh, you've heard of NECA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I want the one with the scooter so I am all in. Day 1 purchase.
I don't care about the signature or anything.
Smart man (woman? not trying to discriminate). I was a dummy and jumped for the April signature edition. I still think it's a cool thing to have but it definitely was not worth the asking price. I haven't looked but I bet it goes for less than I paid on ebay now.

I think it's cool they're making a Keno with scooter but I'm not buying. I called it a day on the movie line after getting all the 1990 stuff. I've got Tokka and Rahzar but I thankfully do not feel the need to get anything else from movie 2. Oh, and Super Shredder... I bought two different Super Shredders....
mikey see is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 12:23 PM   #2199
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Oh, you've heard of NECA?

Smart man (woman? not trying to discriminate). I was a dummy and jumped for the April signature edition. I still think it's a cool thing to have but it definitely was not worth the asking price. I haven't looked but I bet it goes for less than I paid on ebay now.

I think it's cool they're making a Keno with scooter but I'm not buying. I called it a day on the movie line after getting all the 1990 stuff. I've got Tokka and Rahzar but I thankfully do not feel the need to get anything else from movie 2. Oh, and Super Shredder... I bought two different Super Shredders....
I don't think signature editions ever go up in value. Mcfarlane tried that and Target artificially increased the demand by botching up the preorders but in the end interest waned.

I guess you beat me to it in calling out the scooter accessory! Since I have a full diorama set-up, I think the scooter will add some much needed verticality?...horizontality?...no...what's the word?...it will break up the same-yness aspect of the figures since they are all lined up in parallel floors.

I currently have 3 different Super Shredders but only 1 is unboxed. I enjoy looking at all these collections with Super Shredder armies and hordes. It kind of works (perhaps, in an alternate universe) but is not canonical. There's a rumored 4th Super Shredder but NECA stopped talking about it.
Old 12-09-2022, 02:51 AM   #2200
Filespit
Hench Mutant

Quote:
No shipment notice here either yet. The thought of not receiving a shipment notice for these sets scares the crap out of me. I ordered the SOTO 4 pack, accessory pack, and Tokka & Rahzar, and also the SOTO 2 packs during Cyber Monday, but I've received no notice yet. From what I understand those that have had their 4-packs delivered got no notice at all, they were just delivered all of a sudden?
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote