The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
pferreira
Foot Elite

Is Paige Turco alright?

I commented on the TMNT III thread about this but thought it might get buried. Admin is free to delete this thread if they want. Copy and pasted below this line is what I typed in the other thread:

Just want to add I almost had a photo taken today with Paige Turco at London Film & Comic Con but unfortunately the whole thing was cancelled which is sad. Oh well.

EDIT: someone uploaded a picture of her yesterday on the official LF&CC FB page for those who are curious. As you can see she has photos from TMNT III to sign. Not my photo so please feel free admin to delete the photo if you wish:

Okay now I didn't want to worry you guys before I got hold of some facts. I still don't know exactly what happened. As mentioned above she had a photo session today which I was supposed to attend however she didn't because as I was told she didn't make it on time due to the disruption in London traffic caused by the bike riding competition that we get every year.

Fine. Okay. Now apparently according to numerous sources on the FB page for LF&CC an incident happened yesterday which is the reason she didn't turn up today for her photo session. I say numerous sources because there's at least four things that apparently happened which everybody swears by actually happened:

- apparently someone mentions she collapsed due to low sugar levels, a call was made to bring her a chocolate bar (which would mean she's diabetic)

- someone was told by her she had food poisoning which is the reason she collapsed

- someone swears it was an attendee that collapsed and not Paige

- someone was told by her apparently yesterday she's been suffering huge anxiety symptoms

Now of course none of this adds up. If she had food poisoning I wasn't aware it was responsible for low sugar levels and even if that was the case why would you get someone who has food poisoning a chocolate bar of all things? Problem is all four of these stories are held as what really happened, at least three are fake news. For some reason it seems most likely it was her attendee that collapsed but can't rule out it was Paige. Anyway something happened. With everyone having strong recollections of being right I doubt I will be able to get further answers unless one of you guys are in contact with her via social media.

If you guys want to read what happened (because for all you know I might be making this up, I'm a stranger online after all) then head over here and scroll done to the post about Paige's photo session being cancelled:

https://www.facebook.com/LondonFilmandComicCon/
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:24 PM   #2
Chris
Mad Scientist

Firstly, I hope she is ok.

That said, I think you're right and it was an attendee who collapsed not Paige. Was she still signing that day? If so that kind of rules out her collapsing. Maybe they would let her just sit out for a bit then go back, but personally I'd assume if there was any time of medical issue she'd have left for the day.

Honestly, we'll probably never know, but if she did return to signing after the alleged incident then we have to assume it was medically ok for her to do so.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:09 PM   #3
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Firstly, I hope she is ok.

That said, I think you're right and it was an attendee who collapsed not Paige. Was she still signing that day? If so that kind of rules out her collapsing. Maybe they would let her just sit out for a bit then go back, but personally I'd assume if there was any time of medical issue she'd have left for the day.

Honestly, we'll probably never know, but if she did return to signing after the alleged incident then we have to assume it was medically ok for her to do so.
I want to add a number of people who thought saw her collapse said she or the attendee (depending on who you believe) was taken away in a wheelchair. She didn't turn up Sunday morning for my photo shoot but I forgot to ask if she had made it into the afternoon for signings.

As you can see when you have four different sides to the story it's difficult to grab the truth. I felt compelled to post about this. If I do I risk worrying everybody, if I don't I'm allowing the community here to be ignorant. Oh well...
Old 07-30-2018, 06:16 PM   #4
Shark_Blade
Emperor

She kinda looks healthy in that pic. I hope she’s okay.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:28 PM   #5
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
She kinda looks healthy in that pic. I hope she’s okay.
Is it just me that's getting a Linda Hamilton vibe from her out of that pic?
Old 07-30-2018, 07:34 PM   #6
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Yeah me too. Sarah Connor T2.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:00 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

She's 53 years old. I'd say she looks good for her age
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:02 PM   #8
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Oh no, I didn't mean she doesn't, she sure as hell does, but she's looking way to much like Linda Hamilton to me in there, not that it's a bad thing mind you.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:17 AM   #9
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Guest have gotten ill from food once before at LFCC (last yr or yr before , cant remember exactly....it might not have been something she ate at the con though just so we're clear) , maybe she ate something that made her ill , it happens
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #10
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
Guest have gotten ill from food once before at LFCC (last yr or yr before , cant remember exactly....it might not have been something she ate at the con though just so we're clear) , maybe she ate something that made her ill , it happens
Yeah not too sure due to all the interpretation of events that people submitted. Again according to someone on the LF&CC Facebook page it was a young girl who collapsed (this story has been collaborated by two people), they got her a wheelchair and Paige went with her for some time or the rest of the day. Who knows what happened. Maybe someone who's on her Twitter will end up asking.

It's thought she's near sighted so had to wear the shades, to protect from the light although someone posted a couple of pics of her without shades so...

Last edited by pferreira; 08-02-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:15 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
That wasn't OP's question.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #12
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
She looks GREAT! I hope I'm a fraction of that fit at that age...and yes, total Sarah Connor vibe there.

Low blood sugar and/or anxiety attacks are 110% decent reasons for skipping out on a convention.

On a side note, have Turco and Hoag been at any conventions together?

Last edited by d_osborn; 08-03-2018 at 04:01 PM.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #13
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Low blood sugar and/or anxiety attacks are 110% decent reasons for skipping out on a convention.
Well I was told by convention staff she couldn't make my morning photo shoot because of traffic and later in the day I forgot to ask if she was in.

To clarify the incident in question happened the previous day Saturday. I personally don't believe the whole shades and light thing as there was pics in the same thread on Facebook of her signing photos without shades on. As I said I'm sure people on her Twitter page know her general health better than I do.

I will add they asked us to keep checking in the afternoon so a number of us did just that but the photo shoot was still cancelled. A couple turned up to see what the situation was and the guy was carrying a full sized replica of a mutagen TGRI canister complete with ooze inside. After I found out it was properly cancelled I went over to Lance Guest and ended up speaking to him for five minutes about Jaws IV and it's sequels.

In other news a group of fans jumped on Arthur Darvill for a selfie op when the poor man wanted to be left alone and I saw a French double of Gary Graham.

Last edited by pferreira; 08-04-2018 at 09:55 AM.