The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: We have NO proof Jason Biggs is being replaced, folks... wait til the truth comes out
Eat me!! *cues the stereotypical Italian music* 23 30.67%
Who knew ICKitty could be so freaky!? 26 34.67%
*burp* Whoo... made a little room in there. 3 4.00%
Obey the flavor... 5 6.67%
There'll be NO eating of the princess on my watch! 18 24.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #261
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, I counted 12 people in this thread said this episode was terrible.
Do you really have that much free time....?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #262
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Huge problems with this episode:

- Wouldn't April be immune to the pizza's hypnosis since she's immune to the mutagen?
- If it's been 18 episodes since the 1st episode of Season 2, when all the mutagen cans drop, wouldn't the entire city including the TMNT already be hypnotized?
- Doesn't Splinter hate pizza? It's common knowledge that rats hate cheese, so it should make sense. (He also just happens to hate it in every other incarnation, and he sure likes to avoid it a lot in this one)
- You would think after four or five episodes of Mikey saying something stupid and it turning out to be a real thing, the others would believe him, right?
- This Michelangelo is pretty... with lack of a better word... stupid. We get that. But how does he not realize everyone's a zombie sooner? It doesn't take a brain cell to figure that out by the way everyone was acting.
- It was all a dream. That's the second most cliche ending ever concieved!
- Oh, so it might not have been a dream. That's the first most cliche ending ever concieved.

But it has to be a dream. These first five reasons I just listed should prove that arguement. Of course, then again, this episode doesn't make that much sense. By far the worst episode of this show. Its purpose was to be a funny filler. It's rather a filler that has 1 or 2 funny moments here or there. Plot-wise, it makes no sense. This is the only episode of this show I would call an atrocity thus far. *sigh*
(I realize I'm a little behind the back, but constant watching of this episode causes this episode to still not make any sense. At all.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #263
NoName999
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Collector Guy View Post
Huge problems with this episode:
- Wouldn't April be immune to the pizza's hypnosis since she's immune to the mutagen?
The mutagen itself. There's nothing to suggest she's immune to whatever ability they grant.

Quote:
- If it's been 18 episodes since the 1st episode of Season 2, when all the mutagen cans drop, wouldn't the entire city including the TMNT already be hypnotized?
Look just assume that a Pizza Hut or a Ceaser's are taking the bulk of pizza business in the city.

Quote:
- Doesn't Splinter hate pizza? It's common knowledge that rats hate cheese, so it should make sense. (He also just happens to hate it in every other incarnation, and he sure likes to avoid it a lot in this one)
Cheese is basically lethal to turtles. Basic biological knowledge was thrown out the window as soon as the turtles stopped eating algae.

Quote:
- You would think after four or five episodes of Mikey saying something stupid and it turning out to be a real thing, the others would believe him, right?
You answered why they wouldn't believe him here:

Quote:
- This Michelangelo is pretty... with lack of a better word... stupid. We get that. But how does he not realize everyone's a zombie sooner? It doesn't take a brain cell to figure that out by the way everyone was acting.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:08 PM   #264
JTH
"ME"

Well, if it is a dream, I can't forgive Mikey for not being able to get Leo's voice right in his head...
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #265
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, I counted 12 people in this thread said this episode was terrible.
You actually counted them? Honestly, why do you care what other people think about the episode? You keep going on about it throughout this thread.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:09 AM   #266
Kanon
Stone Warrior

In the episode "monkey brains" , Splinter walkes around with a slice of Pizza.
So he doesn't hate it, right?
Old 05-23-2014, 07:25 AM   #267
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Well, he also has a Cheese Phone, so surely he can't hate Cheese.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:12 AM   #268
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
In the episode "monkey brains" , Splinter walkes around with a slice of Pizza.
So he doesn't hate it, right?
So far the only version I've seen that actually eats pizza. Most prefer not to.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 PM   #269
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
[CyberCubed] counted them? Honestly, why do you care what other people think about the episode? You keep going on about it throughout this thread.
Save yourself a world of trouble, dude. It took me a long time to realize that there's just no reasoning with Cubed. He's kinda stuck in his own world.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #270
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Also, I want to point out that April was never immune to Fungus Humungous's ability, so it's not like she'll be immune to Pizza Face's ability.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #271
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

The episode was more fitting for the overall tone of the series

So I finally got around to seeing this episode and it is was okay and somewhat enjoyable. I think the reason for that is despite my strong criticisms of the show, I came into this episode expecting primarily comedy (specifically loud comedy) since we are talking about a pizza mutant after all, and Nick Mikey would naturally be featured in this episode. In addition, the level of maturity (or lack of it I should say) with these Tweenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was suited for this type of over-the-top mutant.

While the type of "loud" humor and personalities of the Turtles are not really my taste, this episode seemed to play by its strengths and seemed more in line in finding its niche. Almost as if it was liberating for this show to finally push aside the burdening plotlines of Karai, the Kraang, and Shredder while casting off any type of character depth for this episode. (I mean clearly this episode wasn't thinking it through too deeply since Mikey ate a mutant pizza that was once human. So... if Mikey is part human and the pizza mutant was part human too, doesn't that make Mikey a semi-cannibal? Plus when does a chef just randomly use and eat something off the ground of an alleyway?) A lot of the plot and situations were created where one would end up confused or frustrated, if you thought a few steps afterward upon encountering the plot and characters, and this episode appeared to prefer that superficial level of viewing.

The reason I say that this series found its niche was because a lot of the comedy based on Mikey's disgusting habits (burping excessively, eating a pizza that had a dead rat, part of a can, an eyeball), loud personality, references to zombies, the improvised forms of pizza torture, and discovering the way to defeat Pizza Face (through eating) all seemed to be consistent and "on beat". It seemed more like Spongebob type of humor cloaked under the environment of Nick TMNT.

I noticed a lot of people, and even myself, stating how Season 1 and Season 2 contrast greatly and if you compare this episode to any of them in Season 1, specifically "The Gauntlet", it's even more profound. In Season 1, we had substantial writing in seeing the allies relating to the villains (Raph and Xever relating to one another in "Baxter's Gambit", Leo and Karai as well). Back then, the show was even willing to explore the backstories of Xever and Bradford, which made the villains into more well-rounded characters, but Season 2 seems to have pushed that type of significant storywriting aside as there is more preferential treatment toward the numerous mutants and careless, suspenseful dramatic points that hardly seem to get followed through on (aka: selective plot amnesia).

One observation I made on the Wikipedia page of episodes, is that Season 1 and Season 2 have different teams of writers, which could explain the difference in tone and plot focus between the two seasons. Of course it's anybody's guess as to why there's a different group of writers (seasonal contracts, Nick's management decisions, etc.), but it certainly puts things in a different perspective seeing a whole new group of writers for this current (Season 2) season.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 05-23-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #272
kolaida
Foot Soldier

I liked this episode quite a lot! It was fun and I loved all the movie references, so great especially the interrogation scene and the go ninja bit. The pizza song was great and ICK was awesome in her bit in the freezer with the twisty head lol. Antonio was great, too! Honestly, I don't know what kind of people y'all know but I can think of three that would totally taste glowing liquid. The real question was if it was great pizza, where'd Antonio think he'd get more? That it'd keep falling from the sky. It's also a great lesson for kids; don't eat random stuff!

I loved Mikey here, my only gripe was he doesn't know how to take pics on his t phone!! He should know that by now.

Also, I thought it was pretty obvious the thing wasn't a dream. Antonio said flat out that he had the power to make everyone forget. Mikey was great and I love his ninja hooas,lol!!

And I didn't really notice anything with Leo's voice but he only said a few lines.

Oh, and the zombie turtles brothers looked freaky lol
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #273
Sighphi
Foot Soldier

This better be a dream cause the episode makes no sense if it isn't. Why did mike suddenly become immune to the zombie pizza? Plus mike was torturing his opponents and sort of a cannibal when he ate Pizza Face. But then i have been saying that this version of mike is not just some fun-loving guy but a dude with some serious mental problems so i guess these actions could match that. Dont leave mike alone.... cause he may go Jack Bauer on his enemies.

I hope they make Pizza Face accessories that you could put on all of the turtles. And if the make Pizza Face Henchmen figure it should be a 3-pack with the little girl, the fat dude, and the guy with the pizza cutter. That also includes a Pizza Face pie with a box and a Pizza Face slice.

And more Irma.
Sighphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #274
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
This better be a dream cause the episode makes no sense if it isn't. Why did mike suddenly become immune to the zombie pizza? Plus mike was torturing his opponents and sort of a cannibal when he ate Pizza Face. But then i have been saying that this version of mike is not just some fun-loving guy but a dude with some serious mental problems so i guess these actions could match that. Dont leave mike alone.... cause he may go Jack Bauer on his enemies.

I hope they make Pizza Face accessories that you could put on all of the turtles. And if the make Pizza Face Henchmen figure it should be a 3-pack with the little girl, the fat dude, and the guy with the pizza cutter. That also includes a Pizza Face pie with a box and a Pizza Face slice.

And more Irma.
There's a dark side in all of us, nothing is pure black and white.

I'd say Mikey is equivalent of Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls. They may seem sweet and innocent, but when they snapped.. you better stand back, far away.

It's a joy for me to see how Mikey went bad cop during the interrogation scene. It shows another depth of dimension to his character, truly satisfying to watch. I salivate every second of it. Beneath that sweet, innocent exterior, there's twisted cruelty and malice inside him.

Bravo Nick, you've done well.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #275
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName999 View Post
The mutagen itself. There's nothing to suggest she's immune to whatever ability they grant.

Look just assume that a Pizza Hut or a Ceaser's are taking the bulk of pizza business in the city.

Cheese is basically lethal to turtles. Basic biological knowledge was thrown out the window as soon as the turtles stopped eating algae.

You answered why they wouldn't believe him here:

Well, we already know she's immune to anything created by the Kraang, so that in itself should show that it was a dream. The pizzas were made with mutagen. She's immune to the effects of mutagen. Ergo, she SHOULD have been immune to the pizzas!

Apparently, the zombies were a localized incident, confined to that one part of town. Otherwise, the entire city would have been shuffling into Antonio's I kind of doubt he has the space to accommodate them all....

And though cheese is lethal to MOST lower animals (including rats and mice, which is where the misconception that they hate it comes from- they won't eat it because they can't digest it!) these are MUTANT turtles. And no one was suggesting that the turtles hate cheese- just Splinter. (In every other version, he likes cheese, but HATES pizza.)

As for whether it's a dream- I'm going with the theory that it WAS, for the reason above, and for reasons stated by others. Pizza Face didn't "reappear" until after Mikey had gone back to sleep, and the "dream/not dream" ending is one of those cliché overdone things that happen a lot in cartoons. Usually, it IS.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:29 AM   #276
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Well, we already know she's immune to anything created by the Kraang, so that in itself should show that it was a dream. The pizzas were made with mutagen. She's immune to the effects of mutagen. Ergo, she SHOULD have been immune to the pizzas!
Not she isn't. She was never immune to the effects of mutagen and that was made very clear in Fungus Humungous when she succumbed to her fears.

That is all I have to say on the matter.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #277
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post

And though cheese is lethal to MOST lower animals (including rats and mice, which is where the misconception that they hate it comes from- they won't eat it because they can't digest it!) these are MUTANT turtles. And no one was suggesting that the turtles hate cheese- just Splinter. (In every other version, he likes cheese, but HATES pizza.)
I agree, which is why I hate that they'd made Splinter be mildly obsessed with cheese since it's so stereotypically cartoonish, even going so far as to use Swiss cheese, which is what you'd see in most cartoons featuring this trope. Also as far as it being lethal, it would be in real rats, but Splinter is still essentially a human with an added rat veneer. Otherwise he's have died 12 years ago, since most rats' lifespans are only about 3 years. Plus he should have been afraid of ICK and Tigerclaw, since they would have been triggering the instinctive fear of cats that rats have.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:42 AM   #278
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

OT Splinter ate sushi like nobody's business.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #279
MisfitKraang
Foot Soldier

Despite the negative reaction I liked the episode it was fun. At first I was not a fan of the "updated" Pizzaface design I preferred the OT action figure, but it totally grew on me I love the character and I enjoyed him. However I have two complaints one is that I was disturbed by Mikey's decision to eat Pizzaface as he had once been a human and I did not like the ending how the whole episode may have not even happened, but none the less I enjoyed it
Old 05-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #280
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
Not she isn't. She was never immune to the effects of mutagen and that was made very clear in Fungus Humungous when she succumbed to her fears.

That is all I have to say on the matter.
This is the one loophole that confuses me about April being immune to the mutagen. Because the Kraang DNA she has should have nothing to do with the mutagen.

We found out in The Manhatten Project, unlike what most of us expected, the mutagen isn't Kraang manufactured or created, it's literally milk from a worm. That has nothing to do with the Kraang, her DNA regardless of what is should not effect the result of something that is not related to the Kraang.

Which is why I'm still thinking there's still something more to this, because this is the thing that does make me scratch my head about the whole immunity to mutagen twist.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pizza face