The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-05-2023, 12:42 PM   #1
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

MOTU x TMNT Origins - Turtles of Grayskull

Source: https://foreternia.com/2023/05/filma...s-are-revealed

Mattel orders are coming due and some interesting new mashup line has been discovered: Turtles of Grayskull. MOTU Origins meets TMNT.

Turtles of Grayskull- MOTU/TMNT Mashup Wave 1 (expected Q1 2024)
  • Donatello (MOTU style)
  • Leonardo (MOTU style)
  • He-Man (Mutated)
  • Man-at-Arms (Mutated)

Turtles of Grayskull- MOTU/TMNT Mashup Wave 2 (expected Q2 2024)
  • Michelangelo (MOTU style)
  • Raphael (MOTU style)
  • Skeletor (Mutated)
  • ???

There was a canceled MOTU x TMNT comic planned, designs could be inspired by Freddie Williams work.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 01:04 PM   #2
teemu
Stone Warrior

I'd be interested in a Origins style Casey Jones using the origins buck
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 01:23 PM   #3
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I saw this rumor this morning over on the Fwoosh. If this is true then I'm super pumped. MOTU Origins is one of my favorite lines right now and I'd love to see what Mattel can do with the turtles and that form factor. I hope it does well enough that we get more than just the brothers. It could open up some pretty cool possibilities for Mattel Creations.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 02:40 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

These wild days in which we live!

Maybe one day Freddie Williams' crossover pitch can finally become a reality in print or animation?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 02:44 PM   #5
IMJ
Emperor

Came here to post this, but should've known you guys would beat me to it. Very excited about this wave.... I'm all in.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 03:25 AM   #6
mikey0
Foot Elite

Here are the first images of Leo, Krang’s Android Body, He-Man, and Man-At-Arms: https://twitter.com/FreshFromSewer/s...07218151329794
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 04:24 AM   #7
Wes
Mad Scientist

WHAT IS HAPPENING Y'ALL

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 04:30 AM   #8
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Here are the first images of Leo, Krang’s Android Body, He-Man, and Man-At-Arms: https://twitter.com/FreshFromSewer/s...07218151329794
They don't look that good, kinda messy.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 05:55 AM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I am sure Mattel was looking to reuse/recycle ANY mold they could find laying around, haha! Very Franken-figures!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 06:21 AM   #10
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Crazy to think that these toys are aimed almost exclusively at people in their 40s, and maybe some in their 50s. What a world.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 07:36 AM   #11
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Dang. Those don't look great. Very strange, as that looks like a lot of all new sculpt to me, I'm not recognizing much from the Origins line in there. I'll wait until we see glamour shots to decide if these are for me or not but right now that looks like a pass.

Also, if this is a one-and-done 5-figure wave or pack then it will suck to only have two of the turtles.
Old 07-26-2023, 08:56 AM   #12
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
The TMNT revival has reached its mid-to-late 90's era analog, where they all just looked weird and nobody bought them and now 30 years later because they were crappy and underpurchased they are now rare and valuable. Except in 30 years we'll all be dead and nobody remaining on the planet will care.

I assume these will be just cheap enough that I'll be tempted to buy at least the ones that resemble turtles, because I now have nostalgia for bonkers ugly TMNT variants as a result of those days.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 07:03 PM   #13
Robogeek1973
Thug

These are an easy pass, which makes me sad because I like both properties.
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 07:50 PM   #14
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I'm excited for these. I'll get the four turtles least, I have most of the Origins figures so why stop now
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 09:03 PM   #15
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I'm excited for these. I'll get the four turtles least, I have most of the Origins figures so why stop now
On that note, what the hell is up with Bolt Man? He's not available anywhere, and I just got a notice from Entertainment Earth cancelling my order because they say that Mattel isn't going to produce anymore?!?
Old 07-28-2023, 08:38 AM   #16
mikey see
Mad Scientist

It's going to be funny if the Rulers of the Sun figures turn out the be the rare and valuable items from Origins. So many of them have pegwarmed hard.

Anyway, back to turtles, looking at the photos again it occurred to me that they're leaning more heavily on vintage TMNT style than on MOTU style. When I heard there was going to be a cross-over I assumed we'd be getting turtles in the muscley squat He-Man poses but it looks like they're maybe going the other way? Either way I can't wait to get better pictures because those leaks look rough.
Old 07-28-2023, 10:20 AM   #17
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
It's going to be funny if the Rulers of the Sun figures turn out the be the rare and valuable items from Origins. So many of them have pegwarmed hard.
You're right! And what's even crazier is that The Rulers of the Sun stuff is 100% organic, valid and truly well done "inclusion" and so on. The story of the very entrepreneurial woman who created them is awesome, the fact that Mattel absorbed them into the line is awesome.

And so the craziness of it is that we have a bunch of virtue-signaling $#!(bags who have overrun society with their opinions and nonsense about "inclusion" where woke $#!( is forced upon people. Yet in contrast you have this very valid toyline that is a genuine, authentic and quality representation of the concept in every way and it pegwarms.

Clown world.

But on that note, there is something going on with Bolt Man in particular and I have no idea what it is or if I'm going to have to buy him scalped on eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Anyway, back to turtles, looking at the photos again it occurred to me that they're leaning more heavily on vintage TMNT style than on MOTU style. When I heard there was going to be a cross-over I assumed we'd be getting turtles in the muscley squat He-Man poses but it looks like they're maybe going the other way? Either way I can't wait to get better pictures because those leaks look rough.
I can't find the images of them. The link that someone provided above leads to a Twitter page that has been deleted.
Old 07-29-2023, 06:23 AM   #18
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
You're right! And what's even crazier is that The Rulers of the Sun stuff is 100% organic, valid and truly well done "inclusion" and so on. The story of the very entrepreneurial woman who created them is awesome, the fact that Mattel absorbed them into the line is awesome.

And so the craziness of it is that we have a bunch of virtue-signaling $#!(bags who have overrun society with their opinions and nonsense about "inclusion" where woke $#!( is forced upon people. Yet in contrast you have this very valid toyline that is a genuine, authentic and quality representation of the concept in every way and it pegwarms.

Clown world.
Not that I disagree with your take that there's an awful lot of virtue-signaling in society, but isn't marketing and selling toys like GI Joe, draped in American flags, another form of virtue signaling?

When the new He-Man cartoon launched and it turned out Teela was the main character, some people got so hurt and said things like, "Can't we just keep politics out of toys/cartoons!?", as if so many of the older shows and toys lines weren't overtly political in their own way.

Anyway, growing up I caught the tail-end of MOTU and TMNT consumed me as a kid, and I love both toy lines. But these don't in any way appeal to me. Sort of incredible it hadn't already been done.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 11:34 AM   #19
mikey0
Foot Elite

Turtles of Grayskull Leonardo mock-up: https://toynewsi.com/13-49932
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 11:55 AM   #20
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Still Really excited to get mashups of my two of my childhood favorites like this. Can't wait to see more.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote