The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-10-2018, 07:33 PM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That sums up my feelings entirely.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:42 PM   #62
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Sidenote: I wonder if this suggests that the Tarantino movie has nothing to do with the Abramsverse of its cast? I mean, if Paramount knows they're doing the Tarantino movie and that is going to be the big draw, the big event movie that will get people from all sides of the aisle into seats by the sheer novelty of it and an Abramsverse #4 is far from a sure bet at the box office after Beyond... why would Paramount need to placate Pine's salary? As far as they're concerned if they can't do Abramsverse #4 on the cheap, they don't need it anyway.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:34 PM   #63
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Chris Pine and Hemsworth (he was even still involved in this? huh) both walked away because of bad salary negotiations.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/pine-hem...t-star-trek-4/
Wait, isn't Pine is the new!Kirk?
So, if he is than this part of the franchise is left without main hero?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:44 AM   #64
newfan
Mad Scientist

What, no Chris Pine

I thought he'd captured Kirk in the last movie, not interested in a replacement, if they go down that road.

There are like 3 movies just in talks which I have interest in at the moment, with ST likely holding the least interest out the three, but still, one of them would be good.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:49 AM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Wait, isn't Pine is the new!Kirk?
So, if he is than this part of the franchise is left without main hero?
Which means 100% Paramount won't bother with this. This article says it all. If they let Pine leave the table with no deal, there's no way in the world they're doing part 4 without Kirk. They certainly wouldn't re-recast something that they know is already being ridiculed. It means they didn't care enough about it to do so and now it's dead.

This may even (and now I am totally speculating) have something to do with CBS jockeying Star Trek movie vs. TV rights, which is apparently a thing. Which is apparently the reason Discovery legally couldn't resemble what it needed to... yet suddenly a 24th (25th?) century Picard show is announced that kinda has to.

Something's going on here. Maybe part 4 really would have been the "let's wrap this nonsense up and get back to real Trek via time travel" and Pine didn't want to get lowballed to get erased.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-11-2018 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #66
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Karl Urban still believes that deals for Pine and Hemsworth to appear in the film still might work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Urban
At the moment. I believe the status of the project is really hinging on the availability and the contract negotiations of the two Chrises... Hopefully, we get back for another movie, or two of them. We are just sort of waiting on negotiations. I'm confident we will.
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/245...-will-work-out
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:00 PM   #67
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Karl Urban now doesn't have any updates on the status of the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Urban
I know nothing about Star Trek, I wish I did... No news, apparently there is no news.
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/245...till-at-a-halt
Old 01-08-2019, 02:34 PM   #68
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It's officially dead

Quote:
Clarkson was recruited by HBO for GOT after she recently became available. Earlier this year, Clarkson was the first female director to be tapped to direct a Star Trek movie when she was hired to helm the fourth feature in the current series. That project has since been shelved.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/game-of...st-1202531071/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:42 PM   #69
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That's great news.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #70
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
That's great news.
Agreed. Besides, once Discovery happened and CBS decided to run with their own cinematic universe, that put most of the nails in the coffin.

Fvcking JJ Abrams.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:04 PM   #71
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It doesn't quite put the final nail in the coffin of the Abramsverse movies, though. Tarantino will still, in theory, jump right into that right after Once Upon a Time in Hollywood's junket is over. Which will feature the Abramsverse cast.

The Abramsverse doesn't deserve Tarantino. I hope that's not final, but it probably is since he's said it's a very specific story. If he's been telling the cast they'll be involved, then that really cinches it. And guess what will happen if it's a big success? Tarantino will walk away from it and other hacks will just keep cranking out more Abramsverse movies.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:20 PM   #72
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
It doesn't quite put the final nail in the coffin of the Abramsverse movies, though. Tarantino will still, in theory, jump right into that right after Once Upon a Time in Hollywood's junket is over. Which will feature the Abramsverse cast.

The Abramsverse doesn't deserve Tarantino. I hope that's not final, but it probably is since he's said it's a very specific story. If he's been telling the cast they'll be involved, then that really cinches it. And guess what will happen if it's a big success? Tarantino will walk away from it and other hacks will just keep cranking out more Abramsverse movies.
But will Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth accept smaller paychecks to work with Tarantino?
Old 01-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
But will Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth accept smaller paychecks to work with Tarantino?
I can't tell if you're joking there...

Hemsworth doesn't have any part in the Tarantino movie and I bet the movie gets a bigger budget to accommodate whatever Pine was asking. Star Trek 4 was just going to be the sequel to Star Trek Beyond that nobody cared about. Star Trek: The Tarantino Movie... now that's an event.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:04 PM   #74
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I can't tell if you're joking there...

Hemsworth doesn't have any part in the Tarantino movie and I bet the movie gets a bigger budget to accommodate whatever Pine was asking. Star Trek 4 was just going to be the sequel to Star Trek Beyond that nobody cared about. Star Trek: The Tarantino Movie... now that's an event.
Sigh. You're probably right. That'd breathe new life into a bad franchise. Even as I was typing it, I realized "Man, I'D take a paycut to work with Tarantino." And yeah, that'd draw extra funds.

Beats me why the man wouldn't rather work with Mulgrew, Brooks, and Stewart, but whatever.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #75
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Sigh. You're probably right. That'd breathe new life into a bad franchise. Even as I was typing it, I realized "Man, I'D take a paycut to work with Tarantino." And yeah, that'd draw extra funds.
I guess there is a second option: it could be the Abrams cast playing the same characters (of course)... but in the REAL timeline, on the REAL Enterprise.

It's possible, I guess.

Quote:
Beats me why the man wouldn't rather work with Mulgrew, Brooks, and Stewart, but whatever.
Me, too. I was so sure it would be a big TNG fest. Technically, there's nothing saying it couldn't involve the Abrams cast... AND other casts, too. Like some kind of major league time travel odyssey.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #76
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I guess there is a second option: it could be the Abrams cast playing the same characters (of course)... but in the REAL timeline, on the REAL Enterprise.

It's possible, I guess.

Me, too. I was so sure it would be a big TNG fest. Technically, there's nothing saying it couldn't involve the Abrams cast... AND other casts, too. Like some kind of major league time travel odyssey.
On the one hand, playing with the nuTrek cast seems appealing because canon's already been bent over a desk and sullied, so no worries. But on the other hand, playing with the 24th-century Trek casts seems more appealing because that's real Star Trek to most everybody.

Mixing nuKirk with real Picard or real Sisko or real Janeway or real Archer seems like it would be hated by too many people. But what do I know?
Old 05-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #78
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Chris Hemsworth said the film's underwhelming script was the reason why he chose to walk away from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hemsworth
I didn’t feel like we landed on a reason to revisit that yet. I didn’t want to be underwhelmed by what I was going to bring to the table.
How Chris Hemsworth Found His Way as a Movie Star With Thor and ‘The Avengers’
Old 05-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #79
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Chris Hemsworth said the film's underwhelming script was the reason why he chose to walk away from it.

How Chris Hemsworth Found His Way as a Movie Star With Thor and ‘The Avengers’
If 4 was underwhelming, that says a lot. Because I found 2 underwhelming enough to never, ever touch 3.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:36 PM   #80
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
If 4 was underwhelming, that says a lot. Because I found 2 underwhelming enough to never, ever touch 3.
It's not great but 3 is the only one that bothers to try and be a Star Trek movie. But even then there is still edgy Abrams crap.

Tags
discuckery and pukard