The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 12-14-2023, 08:36 PM   #61
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
You think to little about modern AI!

On a serious note, it just says about quality of modern Disney writers.

Which is very surprising - you have all money in the world and you can't hire people who can write?! Even with your resources?
Are they hire some random no-name janitors to write their stories? Or decent writers wright decent stories, but they end up being butchered by committee on their way to the screen?
I think it's the second part.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 03:51 PM   #62
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Love this sentence. Absolutely with you on that as I think it's the biggest critical thinking error that the woke $#!((ers have made for years while the rest of the population was evaluating or determining the situation (slow ship to turn).

But on that note, I do think that people have walked from Disney in significant, significant numbers. All you have to do is look at the state of their recent output and parks (c'mon man they closed an entire Star Wars theme park after I think only a year). Said it before and I'll say it again, when the bottom falls out on woke $#!(, the bottom falls out.
Quote:
Handful?
Pretty much all, except maybe two movies from Disney, failed to turn in profit.
I'd say it is a lot of people.
Ya'll gonna pull some stats out your butts to prove to me?

Give me a break, what do ya'll classify as "significant significant numbers" of people? I stand by my original statements, that a "significant number" of individuals do not speak or act for an entire populous and it's rediculous to think otherwise. I'd say that there's "significant numbers" of people who'd agree with me.

Until there's a bigger "significant number" of individuals going along with the group, I don't think Disney is gonna be like "wow we need to change things because a 'significant significant number' of individuals doesn't like the way we're doing things"

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 04:22 PM   #63
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post

Give me a break, what do ya'll classify as "significant significant numbers" of people? I stand by my original statements, that a "significant number" of individuals do not speak or act for an entire populous and it's rediculous to think otherwise. I'd say that there's "significant numbers" of people who'd agree with me.

Until there's a bigger "significant number" of individuals going along with the group, I don't think Disney is gonna be like "wow we need to change things because a 'significant significant number' of individuals doesn't like the way we're doing things"
Bro most reasonable people don't need "stats" to support a PARK CLOSURE or a variety of flopped movies that were embedded in the woke content!

Christ, it's actually psuedo-intellectual as hell to want "statistics" as support for obvious things - they even tell you that in research and design 101. There was a PARK CLOSURE. The more woke the content got in Disney movies the more people walked from going to pay to see them. DISNEY is in leadership UPHEAVAL right now. LMFAO c'mon duuuuuude.

It's not that you can't quantify failure, but losses that box office and park closures are pretty fair indicators of "failure" on their own merits. OMFG

And organizations changing behavior and output is absolutely guided by a "significant number of consumers" changing their consumer behavior. So your demand to quantify in the face of clear results is absolutely nonsense. "TELL ME HOW MANY WALKED AWAY FROM DISNEY OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! nYAHHHh! skreee!!" Absolute Ninja Turtles intellectualism there, folks omfg.

Last edited by IMJ; 12-16-2023 at 04:28 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 04:37 PM   #64
Mayhem
Foot Elite

And I’m going to argue the price was the main, absolutely main reason for the SW theme hotel failing, second being it wasn’t interesting enough to warrant the price (direct comment from someone I know who actually stayed there). Care to prove me wrong on either count?
Old 12-16-2023, 06:26 PM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

We're talking about that Star Wars cruiser/hotel thing? I'm sure the price was a major factor, but wasn't it, like the Star Wars theme park, also themed around the sequel trilogy? I can't fathom anybody spending big money on sequel trilogy stuff that isn't a hardcore masochist.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 11:51 PM   #66
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Here you go.
It doesn't provide information of movie budgets, but you can safely assume it usually sits around 150-200 million (and around 300 million for Indiana Jones 5).

So, using this data we can extrapolate, that only Guardians 3 brought a profit. Probably The Little Mermaid as well, but it depends on its budget. Even than, its was not a good profit. Not what one'd expect from a Disney movie.

Everything else was a failure without a question, especially ID5, Marvels and Wish.

Questions, young padawan?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 07:12 AM   #67
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
It wasn’t specifically the performance of the films he was questioning, it was also the decrease of Disney+ subs etc being prophetised by yourself and others.

“Give me a break, what do ya'll classify as "significant significant numbers" of people? I stand by my original statements, that a "significant number" of individuals do not speak or act for an entire populous and it's rediculous to think otherwise. I'd say that there's "significant numbers" of people who'd agree with me. Until there's a bigger "significant number" of individuals going along with the group, I don't think Disney is gonna be like "wow we need to change things because a 'significant significant number' of individuals doesn't like the way we're doing things"

We are also in a massive downturn this year expenditure wise (I know I am) so how much is it people cutting back as they have less disposable income?
Old 12-17-2023, 07:34 AM   #68
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
It wasn’t specifically the performance of the films he was questioning, it was also the decrease of Disney+ subs etc being prophetised by yourself and others.
Never said anything about loss of subscriptions.
I don't know those number, therefore I won't speak about it.
Pay more attention.

Quote:
We are also in a massive downturn this year expenditure wise (I know I am) so how much is it people cutting back as they have less disposable income?
Yet, good movies still making bank.

Stop acting like a Disney's personal knight in shining armor. This ****** corporations doesn't need defenders like you, neither your precious leftardness - it will die either way, like left ideologies usually do.

Quote:
I don't think Disney is gonna be like "wow we need to change things because a 'significant significant number' of individuals doesn't like the way we're doing things"
Yet, even Iger admitted they made a mistake.
Of course, he moved himself out of equation and put a blame on everyone else, but himself, but it is not everyday, when you see leader of the, arguably, biggest entertainment corporation on the planet admitting they did something wrong.

It doesn't mean they will course correct immediately, but course correction is in the cards. Even though it won't be dictated by an ideology, but by dwindling profits.
Old 12-17-2023, 04:07 PM   #69
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Here you go.
It doesn't provide information of movie budgets, but you can safely assume it usually sits around 150-200 million (and around 300 million for Indiana Jones 5).

So, using this data we can extrapolate, that only Guardians 3 brought a profit. Probably The Little Mermaid as well, but it depends on its budget. Even than, its was not a good profit. Not what one'd expect from a Disney movie.

Everything else was a failure without a question, especially ID5, Marvels and Wish.

Little Mermaid definitely lost money.
Old 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM   #70
Vegita-San
Emperor

missed this topic somehow..
disney's in REAL deep **** now.

Bond Fraud.
Capturing a local government.
A Nuclear Power Plant converted into a air conditioning unit to cool disney world.
A phony city they collect taxes on that only benefit disney.

and that's just the start.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 02:33 PM   #71
IMJ
Emperor

Disney's recent, official, government stamped SEC filing stated in the filing that "[Disney's] controversial political and social agenda" has hurt the company and shareholders."

Ya think? And now watch any one of the forum leftist peasant-thinkers demand a 'source' for this 'claim' in their replies-of-high-academia. Yet ironically they won't find, let alone read the public filings on their own.

Not only a bad look for Disney who seems to be living the thread title, but even more bad news and evidence that woke $#!( was a lie and that the woke population is the dramatic minority while normal America continues to follow it's normal cultural curve.

This, and more to come, is inevitable - I've said repeatedly that social-movements of mass hysteria are a slow ship to turn; but when the bottom drops out that it's fast and harsh. And it isn't over.
Old 12-28-2023, 06:57 PM   #72
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

As predicted:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/pixar-w...cars-projects/
Old 12-28-2023, 07:05 PM   #73
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
And I’m going to argue the price was the main, absolutely main reason for the SW theme hotel failing, second being it wasn’t interesting enough to warrant the price (direct comment from someone I know who actually stayed there). Care to prove me wrong on either count?
This is what I mean about you woke $#!((ers.... you just can't seperate the reality.

The price was a main reason. And yet it is still an indicator of the framework of leadership ALONG WITH all of the woke nonsense, bad practices, customer shaming, virtue signaling.

IT ALL GOES HAND IN HAND, but you woke $#!((Ters are busy splitting hairs. AS IF drawing your battle lines on pricing somehow RESISTS the woke $#!( argument.

Christ, Disney literally published to the government that their political ideology got in the way of profitability and at least two of you here still argue for your woke $#!( point making.

Emotional midgets in full force in this thread.
Old 12-29-2023, 03:03 AM   #74
Mayhem
Foot Elite

You really know nothing about me if you think I’m woke
Old 12-29-2023, 06:37 AM   #75
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
You really know nothing about me if you think I’m woke
Your political / ideological position is derived from your posts.
If you talk like a "wokie", you are judged accordingly.

However you define yourself is irrelevant - since reality is not under your control and thus no matter how you define your political stance for yourself, in a broader context people will see it for what it really is.

Your personal history or mental traumas are not relevant for other people, nor should they be.
Old 01-08-2024, 10:54 AM   #76
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Disney's recent, official, government stamped SEC filing stated in the filing that "[Disney's] controversial political and social agenda" has hurt the company and shareholders."

Ya think? And now watch any one of the forum leftist peasant-thinkers demand a 'source' for this 'claim' in their replies-of-high-academia. Yet ironically they won't find, let alone read the public filings on their own.

Not only a bad look for Disney who seems to be living the thread title, but even more bad news and evidence that woke $#!( was a lie and that the woke population is the dramatic minority while normal America continues to follow it's normal cultural curve.

This, and more to come, is inevitable - I've said repeatedly that social-movements of mass hysteria are a slow ship to turn; but when the bottom drops out that it's fast and harsh. And it isn't over.
No offence, but anyone who uses the term 'woke' unironically should be laughed at. And no, I am not what you would call woke.

The irony of you going around attacking people's brainpower while screaming 'woke! woke! woke!' like a simpleton ha.
The Inventive Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 10:59 AM   #77
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't see any irony. You call a spade a spade, in life.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:04 AM   #78
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

Quote:
Your political / ideological position is derived from your posts.
If you talk like a "wokie", you are judged accordingly.

However you define yourself is irrelevant - since reality is not under your control and thus no matter how you define your political stance for yourself, in a broader context people will see it for what it really is.

Your personal history or mental traumas are not relevant for other people, nor should they be.
What does woke mean? First of all you have to define this pathetic term.

Is woke being an egalitarian, believing everyone should have the same rights, being against inherited wealth and power (eg the British Royal Family and other dynasties), against guns, believing in a welfare state, having a problem with idiots who hate others because they are different (eg they're gay, black, another ethnic minority, a woman etc)? If so, I am absolutely woke. Although I would call it decency believing in freedom and equality for all people, and everyone having the right to live how they see fit (within legal parameters).

If you hate gay people, have a problem with immigrants (note I said immigrants, not immigration control), have issues with others for something they can't change even if they're a decent person...I'd say in those cases that person would be the scumbag.

And I say all this as a straight, 40-something white male. But the last thing I wanna be is a gammon.

It's thanks to clowns with views like some of yours that Britain is in an even bigger state than it already was. These bigoted views led to Brexit and now look at the state we are in. The idiotic 'British is best!' gammons dragging the rest of us down with them...again.

Last edited by The Inventive Donatello; 01-08-2024 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:05 AM   #79
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't see any irony. You call a spade a spade, in life.
The term woke is only something that an idiot who can't think for themselves would use. It's a tired buzzword that can mean anything (it's very generalised) and offers no real insight or discussion.

But then you're pretty intolerant yourself, aren't you? Leo656 accused you of hating gay people.

I have been on here before (and have been reading the forums for decades) and you and a couple of others constantly push your bigoted agenda. Even having a go at anyone who dislikes Trump when it is clear the guy has zero morals (as do many leftists, but then I am not going around defending them).

The reason you don't see any irony is because you are on his side of the debate. If it was someone whose views you abhor screaming 'conservative' (another pathetic word), then you'd see irony.

Last edited by The Inventive Donatello; 01-08-2024 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:12 AM   #80
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inventive Donatello View Post
What does woke mean? First of all you have to define this pathetic term.

Is woke being an egalitarian, believing everyone should have the same rights, being against inherited wealth and power (eg the British Royal Family and other dynasties), having a problem with idiots who hate others because they are different (eg they're gay, black, another ethnic minority, a woman etc)? If so, I am absolutely woke. Although I would call it decency believing in freedom and equality for all people, and everyone having the right to live how they see fit (within legal parametera).

If you hate gay people, have a problem with immigrants (note I said immigrants, not immigration control), have issues with others for someone they can't change even if they're a decent person...I'd say in those cases that person would be the scumbag.

And I say all this as a straight, 40-something white male. But the last thing I wanna be is a gammon.
Woke, as it's being used by liberals, is pretty much the over-correction of first world problems (hence the easily offended over everything) and trying to go for equity over equality, pretty much 'equality' but at the expense of others. Most of the time what they actually want is privilege and special treatment (hence people trying to get you fired over misgendering someone or having a 'Let's Go Brandon' sticker on and other such nonsense). The irony is they say they're against racism but are actually promoting segregation where everything must fit into its little label and little box, or else. They literally only see you as your race and label. AND they claim to hate Nazis but they go full Nazi on anyone that doesn't agree with their ideologies.

In terms of media, woke means caring more about checkboxes and virtue signals than character and story. And if you don't like the story, well then you're just racist, sexist or whatever else.

Also as a straight 40 something white male, you're pretty much the enemy to them. Don't be so quick to defend people that will tell you to go 'check your privilege, boomer'. Oh and you're also racist apparently, cause the woke believe all white people are inheritably born racist they just don't know it. It's just nonsense.

I mean if we play the woke game, are you, a white man, talking DOWN to a Hispanic man (Andrew)???? How dare you. lol

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 01-08-2024 at 11:18 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote