The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #21
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Well that is an interesting response to that question.

Still does leave it open to human / mutant hybrids (which is kind of odd anyway as a mutant IS a human/something hybrid). Quarter mutant? Mutantoid? Mutantish?

Anyway....

That could also potentially be referring to IDW or even the new 2018. Though I have to admit I'm playing devils advocate a bit here.

Oh and Reddy - just saw your blog post. Yes. Yes that picture is exactly how I feel right now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #22
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post

Oh and Reddy - just saw your blog post. Yes. Yes that picture is exactly how I feel right now.
You should put that picture in your OP of this thread
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:02 PM   #23
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Here is what I believe may happen...or rather hope could happen.

Raph shows up at a bar or someplace where some mutant buddies are hanging out. And here he begins the story of the last mission he ever shared with his brothers.

We are given some description of what happened in the past, that Donnie and April had a daughter. But with the birth of his daughter, (and the fact the Foot Clan and any major threats to the city were no longer a problem) he retires from being a Ninja goes to live in the farm house. He still practices ninjitsu and teaches it to his daughter as she grows up.

Leo goes to visit Japan with Karai while Shini is left in charge of the Foot Clan. Without his two more 'annoying brothers' gone, that left only Raph and Mikey. But Raph in time grows bored with all the peace and sanctity and will go out as a vigilante named the Night Watcher.

One day the Turtles are having a family meet up at the farm house when Verminator Rex appears and says he's come for them.

Mikey protests on leaving Donnie and April behind, but Leo understands and tells his brother they will return for them. The group of them take off when they see an explosion in the distance. Leo stops the van and seemingly knows that something horrible has happened. He then tells Raph to just take their niece and continue on. He and Mikey would go help Donnie.

They arrive and find most of the farm house destroyed, April missing and Donnie more dead than alive. Scene shifts to the lair where the Fugitoid (who had some how been recovered from space and was rebuilt on earth) comes out and explains that he has done what he could to save Donatello with the limited primitive technology on Earth. Or maybe Frank since Renet says she was taking him into the future where he would be appriciated. Reveals that Donnie has been augmented into a cyborg. (Maybe have a Darth Vador reference where Donnie responds that April is gone and Donnie yells : Noooo!!!! Or idw reference where he wakes up and yells "what did you do to me?"

April, on the other hand, is in Verminator Rex's clutches, but he finds that even with her powers forced to the maximum she isn't strong enough to achieve what he wants. Either that or he requires another psychic to complete his plan. He then comes to the conclusion the child may be the key.

Years pass, Raph is still on the run with his niece while Verminator Rex is searching for her. He also picks up Casey along the way. Casey befriends Donnie and April's child and she comes to think of him as a second father. Casey nicknames her "DD" as short for Donnie's Daughter. Raph sees Casey interacting with the child and says that he's being a bad influence.

The group are attacked by a group of goons working for Verminator Rex who come for the child. This is where DD reveals she has psychic powers but faints soon after. Raph is suprised because he got the feeling that her powers were stronger then Aprils and that puts her in more danger.

The turtles get in touch with their brother and arrange to meet up with them. The turtles race across the land in the Terrorpin, Donnie's latest invention. However verminator rex and his forces follow after them and obtain the child. The turtles arrive but Verminator Rex appears to capture DD so that she could be used to put his plan into action. Cyborg Donnie comes out and says he will never let him touch his daughter.

Last edited by victory_angel; 09-11-2017 at 01:27 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:56 PM   #24
Vicky82
Emperor

Here's my idea

It starts off with a flashback, we see that Donnie and April are together and have a daughter. Raph and Mona Lisa are still together and have a kid.Leo and Mikey and everyone else is doing fine.

Another flashback

Then we see how the Apocalypse starts, the moon is destroyed, more mutants about ect, possible caused by the Kraang. Some of Turtles friends are killed (some of the Mutanimals, Shinigami ect) when debris from the Moon hit New York and it ends up in ruins. The lair is a bit damaged but still livable.

Another flashback

The Apocalypse has caused unrest so everyone is fighting everyone for survival, and gangs start forming. The Turtles, Casey, Karai, April, Mona Lisa and any friends left alive, try to help stop the unrest. But a gang led by Verminator Rex causes problems for the Turtles and he wants them and there friends dead.

Verminator Rex and his gang attack the Turtles and there friends, Killing Raph's kid and Mona Lisa, Casey and Karai. Donnie is badly injured. Mikey, Leo, Raph and April are also hurt but not badly. They contact Bishop to help Donnie. Donnie has to have a major operation and has to have his body parts including his shell replaced using Metalhead parts.

Raphs and Leo's relationship has become sour and they argue alot. Raph wants revenge and Leo doesn't. Raph quits and goes off on his own.

Cut to present, which will be like 10+ years later

Raph and his new buddies are fighting some of Verminator Rex gang. He hasn't spoken to his brothers in years.

We then see Cyborg Donnie and his kid out and about, they are searching for Raph because Leo want's him back because he's dying. Mikey and April are looking after him. They have a new home now and they are living with other mutants. Mikey is a leader of a defending team of mutants, he has lost an arm but Donnie has built him robot arm.

Donnie tracks Raph down and Donnie tells him he's needed back because Leo is ill and dying. But then they are attack by Verminator Rex's gang. Donnie's
tells his kid to run get help but Donnie then realises Verminator Rex is tracking his kid.

Donnie's kid arrives home and tells everyone that they need help. Mikey's defending team are about to go help but then. Verminator Rex and his gang arrive and attack there home and start killing people.

They start to flee, Leo demands that Mikey leaves him behind because he's dying but Mikey refuses stating that no turtle is left behind. Donnie and Raph (and his new buddies) arrive to help, they have a short reunion but have to leave there 2nd home.

Then the big vehicle chase happens (like Mad Max) Verminator Rex is killed. The celebration is short lived because Leo is dying. Raph and Leo have a heart 2 heart moment.

Leo sadly dies peacefully (watching the sun rise) with his brothers (April and her kid is there too) around him.

We then see Leo reunite with Splinter. Karai (and everyone else who died) are seen in the background.

Splinter tells Leo that his brothers will be ok.

The end

Last edited by Vicky82; 09-11-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #25
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I speculate that many fans will expect some kind of good ending that wraps up character arcs and provides a satisfying end to the series.
But what they'll actually get will be disappointment brought by a finale that does none of those things.

Who wants to bet that I'm right?
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #26
newfan
Mad Scientist

Awh I hope there won't be a dead Leo. I already have Karai dead ,no turtles too (unless it's changeable)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I speculate that many fans will expect some kind of good ending that wraps up character arcs and provides a satisfying end to the series.
But what they'll actually get will be disappointment brought by a finale that does none of those things.

Who wants to bet that I'm right?
I imagine it'll be a decent enough ending, given it takes place 50 years ahead of time. In terms of the present timeline, they pretty much wrapped up all the major stories they were doing. There's some minor character stuff never revisited, but I guess it doesn't matter.

And as said since we're skipping 50 years ahead, most of these characters will either be dead or very old anyway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #28
JH24
Hench Mutant

I'm hoping they'll keep the finale simple. No time travel to restore things in the end, no aliens, no Kraang...

Just a story about survival in a desperate and lawless world.

Last edited by JH24; 09-11-2017 at 05:21 PM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:44 PM   #29
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

The only thing I care about is that none of the Turtles die in the end, and if they do that it will be something that can be altered via time travel. I'm sure things will be wrapped up nicely though and that we'll get the send-off this show deserves.

I do think Leo and Raph will be at odds and trying to resolve things upon Raph's return. Raph being the cause of the whole mess also makes sense. Donnie will be trying to protect his child from enemies and Mikey will be somewhere, though I don't really have any theory as to what he's doing though he may be wondering where his brothers are.

All of them reunite to stop Verminator Rex and possibly the Kraang and do so at a great cost. Raph realizes he can change this and does so to make sure this possible future doesn't happen.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:04 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

If you've seen how Ciro ended the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon, basically ending on a weird random episode of Terra returning without an explanation and with memory loss, and then Beast Boy chasing after her....you'd know Ciro ends his shows very strangely.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:45 PM   #31
matteso586
Stone Warrior

My prediction for returning characters that will make an appearance.

Apocalyptic future: Snakeweed, Creepweed, the Utrom High Council, Mutagen Man, Fugitoid, Metalhead, Ice Cream Kitty, and Spy Roach (possibly as a descendant).

Present: Mighty Mutanimals, Bishop, EPF, Sir Malachi, Muckman, Joe Eyeball, Alopex, Punk Frogs, and Jack Kurtzman.

My reason for adding these characters in the apocalyptic future? Most of them are basically immortal. Donnie did say that Mutagen Man will eventually thaw out. If future Raph wants to prevent the apocalyptic event from happening, he might need Fugitoid's help. And besides, how long can a plant-human hybrid possibly live? BTW, I actually don't know if Ice Cream Kitty can still age or not.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:47 PM   #32
Powder
So tired of this place

No real wishes, just eager to see Ciro's vision of their adulthood.

My only prediction is that the mystery turtle with blue eyes & yellow clothing accents is a mutated April (despite her alleged immunity).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:06 PM   #33
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Looking through Victory angels and Vicky's ideas, I'm intrigued to see they both start in (or heavily reference) the earlier pre apocalypse points in the story. I'd have thought it more likely we'd get only vague references and one or two key flashbacks (or call backs).

Its also interesting that so many have said they dont want turtles to die in the end (any of them). I'd have thought there'd be at least a couple of mirage fans hoping for a bittersweet end to the 4. Its why I was thinking it likely we'd get time travel or similar to allow both the future turtles to die, but the series to end with living characters with new unwritten futures.

Does anyone know if there is any concept art for Verminator X yet?

Old 09-11-2017, 09:56 PM   #34
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Here's to hoping that Mikey is dead.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #35
newfan
Mad Scientist

I can see that most think the turtle looking child is Donnie and April's and I can see why (I also hope those of you who are Apritello shippers will have had something from this)
but it looks like a young child and April would be 66 by then. Unless she's ages slowly (Vicky has gone into this before), or the child is actually older than it looks...

Agreed about the deaths (Tarris Vaal) I don't think it's so much dead turtles that people are concerned about, I think we could likely see that, it's more them staying dead come the end that worries people (some of us).

I hope they show them along the way in flash backs, you know in their 20's so we see them as adults before they are older and battered up etc.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:56 AM   #36
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

I'd be very surprised if we didn't get some flashback sequences - even if they are only to key events like how the world was 'destroyed' in the first place, any major losses prior to the story (such as the supposed or actual death of one of the brothers or another major character like Mona Lisa).

I don't expect we'd get a montage sequence like say the intro to Up, but I think its more likely we might get something similar to played back video sequences similar to Big hero 6, or short sharp flashbacks of regret like Mad Max:Fury Road.

If nothing else its an issue of time. The whole arc is only 3 episodes in total, so they have an hour of run time to play with - hour and half tops. In that time they have to basically completely reintroduce the world, old characters, new characters, explain what happened to missing characters, and tell a compelling - and preferably emotional - story.

Theres only so much that can be fit in to that kind of time scale. So I really doubt we'll get massive detail on the fates of individual characters.
I think its more likely we'll get introduced to a 'new version' of an existing character - say an Officer Leo for example (just spitballing), and we get only tiny mentions of what happened between him and Raph and the rest is just never talked about. Its just left for the fans to fill in the blanks.

The only pre existing characters I think we will get more detail of what happened to them will be Grizzly Raph and RoboDon. And thats only because the trailer seemed to focus on them, implying the story does to some degree as well.

Take Mad Max himself as an example - watching through Fury road, what information do you actually get about his background and who he is? Almost nothing. An implied failure in his past, indications he is a survivor and has fought 'wars' beforehand, but thats about it.

Id expect more in the case of the turtles simply because we - as viewers- knew them in events prior, so we naturally want to find out how they got from point a to point b. But I doubt we'll get much more than bare minimum to create emotional impact. Time simply doesnt allow for it.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:17 AM   #37
newfan
Mad Scientist

I had thought of that too, 3 22 minute episodes, it's not much time, wish they'd give us surprise 4th or make the Eps longer ☺ I have to keep remembering, kids show.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:26 AM   #38
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Well they may have made the episodes slightly longer than normal. I always kinda got the impression these eps were intended to be watched together like a TV movie rather than episodes - even more than usual.

I may well be proven wrong, but its been my only consistent complaint for the show that they never had enough time. It'd be nice to give themselves a little extra screen time to finish off the series

Old 09-12-2017, 05:46 AM   #39
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
Well they may have made the episodes slightly longer than normal. I always kinda got the impression these eps were intended to be watched together like a TV movie rather than episodes - even more than usual.

I may well be proven wrong, but its been my only consistent complaint for the show that they never had enough time. It'd be nice to give themselves a little extra screen time to finish off the series
I've found myself thinking the same at times, that some of the Eps could do with being longer. ☺ again, part of being a kids show.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:04 AM   #40
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If you've seen how Ciro ended the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon, basically ending on a weird random episode of Terra returning without an explanation and with memory loss, and then Beast Boy chasing after her....you'd know Ciro ends his shows very strangely.
Which is another way of saying he has no idea what he's doing.

Although, even though he was involved with TT03, he's not credited as a showrunner. He's credited as a director of certain episodes but not the final one.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
finale not final, pappenbrooksonicfetish