The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-27-2015, 10:02 AM   #21
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravotello View Post
Interesting thing I just came up with, What was the saddest TMNT 2003 episode. You can include Fast Forward and Back to The Sewer episodes as well but to make things interesting, here's the catch. The episode has to be an episode other then Same As It Never Was, since most of us find that one sad already XD.

Mine would have to be Modern Love-The Return of Nano. His first appearance was enough, but when I watched this one I actually cried. I always felt really bad for Nano and in this one especially. Harry was awful to him and only had any affection towards him because of the money Nano helped him steal and when Nano came back, the first thing he did pretty much was go look for him so he could try and have a family like he saw on the TV. It didn't take long for me to cry either, when he broke into the prison being all "Daddy! Daddy!" I was so sad ;;
The Nano episodes are awful (I cried so bad)... If I ever rewatch the 2003 series I'll be skipping those.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #22
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
What I thought was really sad about 'Insane in the Membrane' was how much potential Stockman had at such an early age to be a great scientist... and he grew up to have a truly disgusting existence.
It was kinda sad. Moreso disturbing, seeing his descent into madness. Kinda like Cronenberg's Fly movie. Which is rather fitting since Brendal does turn into a fly and Baxter becomes a Fly in 2 of his 4 incarnations.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:03 PM   #23
Pollyparrot
Banned

I find Tales of Leo to be sad. I didn't like seeing Leo in bad condition.
Pollyparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:19 PM   #24
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxonius View Post
''Same as it never was'' is easily the saddest one in my book...the whole episode has such a dark and cold atmosphere...
Same here. I can think of a few others that I found sad: Rogue In The House (Part 2), Dragon's Brew, insane In The Membrane. But none come any where close to SAINW.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:51 AM   #25
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^ I didn't think it was that bad because I mean it was in a future that never happened.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:37 AM   #26
srmff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
^^ I didn't think it was that bad because I mean it was in a future that never happened.
I have the same opinion of SAINW. The turtles died but they weren't the turtles that I actually care about.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:41 AM   #27
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
That's not necessarily true. It didn't happen to our version of the turtles, but those events did happen to an alternate reality's version of the turtles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmff View Post
I have the same opinion of SAINW. The turtles died but they weren't the turtles that I actually care about.
I get what you're saying, but that doesn't make me find the events any less horrible.

Last edited by ABrown; 11-30-2015 at 03:54 PM.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #28
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^ That's the thing about different timelines, it's a great way to have the same characters but have them g through different events that essentially make them totally different at the end of the day. Almost every incarnation has dealt with this. The exception being Image, the movies and the Nicktoon.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #29
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It was kinda sad. Moreso disturbing, seeing his descent into madness. Kinda like Cronenberg's Fly movie. Which is rather fitting since Brendal does turn into a fly and Baxter becomes a Fly in 2 of his 4 incarnations.
What also adds to the sadness of Baxter is that while he did have a promising beginning, he ended up using his talent for bad people like Shredder.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:43 PM   #30
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Saddest moment for me was the ending of the first Nano episode when Nano got destroyed and the thief who was like a father to him began crying.

That moment really got to me when I first saw it as a kid, I remember becoming very teary eyed and not being able to speak properly.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:58 PM   #31
Prowler
Emperor

Same as it Never Was, even if it was an alternate future that never happened.

Insane in the Membrane was a bit sad as well.

Also, there's something sad about the Rat king episode. I can't put my finger on what it is.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:16 PM   #32
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

The episode that was dedicated to Jack Kibry' "The King" comes to mind. In it's entirety, it's not a sad episode but the ending got me sad because Don made a friend in Kirby, but when Don gets one final push back into the real world, the portal closes for good in his attempt to save Kirby; leaving Kirby behind in that other world.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #33
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
The episode that was dedicated to Jack Kibry' "The King" comes to mind. In it's entirety, it's not a sad episode but the ending got me sad because Don made a friend in Kirby, but when Don gets one final push back into the real world, the portal closes for good in his attempt to save Kirby; leaving Kirby behind in that other world.
That other world is probably symbolic for Kirby being in Heaven or someplace like that, considering the real Jack Kirby is dead. I guess that's what makes it sad.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:25 AM   #34
magidkaiser
Foot Soldier

Worlds Collide Professor Honeycutt's funeral
Old 06-11-2018, 07:21 AM   #35
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Wedding Bells and Bytes is very saddening, just knowing that it is the end of the show (and the potential of a possible season 8 )

Also included: Honeycutt's funeral and Same as it Never Was
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote