The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #461
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Lol yeah they probably will. It's a great story.

I don't get the hatred for Gotham here, though. Yeah it is silly in places but it is a comic book series. Seasons 2 and 3 were very entertaining I found. Also, apparently Scarecrow will be a major villain in season 4.
Hardcore Batman fans hate gotham cause they kinda screw with the Batman Mythos.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:31 PM   #462
DWC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
True, but it's still enjoyable if you view it as sort of an elseworlds story rather than real Batman.

I consider myself a fairly big Batman fan but I enjoy the series. I am easily pleased though with tv and film generally.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:01 PM   #463
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
I just think of it as an alternate timeline in the multi-verse.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:04 PM   #464
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I just think of it a waste of 45 minutes where I could be watching something worth watching. Or watching paint dry. Or seeing how long I can hold my breath underwater.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:13 AM   #465
Storm Eagle
Saved by

So where on the doll did Gotham touch you people?
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:30 AM   #466
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What Gotham could have been:

A) A prequel with a younger Gordon and the GCPD doing procedural type stuff around Gotham, dealing with increasingly crazed criminals. There could be a smattering of Batman villains where it would be understandable, like Cobblepot, sure, but mostly a lot of the warring mafias. Wayne Enterprises, Lucius Fox, etc. could figure into things in varying but limited degrees, but keeping things focused on Gordon. His coming up in the ranks, against insurmountable gangsters and police corruption. Him earning his rep, sort of Untouchables-style. This wouldn't be about Batman's rogue's galleries before there was even a Batman.

B) An older Gordon/GCPD show taking place in the present WITH Batman already operating. Basically, Gotham has already gone to hell in a handbasket, so the show is kind of "day in the life" of Gordon dealing with both regular criminals and some of Batman's rogue's gallery. Batman could cameo at times, or only ever be in the shadows... or not show up at all. This would be a street level counterpoint to the larger-than-life stuff that Batman is actively doing out there and/or a show dealing with the fallout of that.

C) Young Bruce: The Show, basically. Series premiere, we watch his parents get murdered. Now the aftermath. Let's follow him around the world, watching him blow all of his money training under the best masters, falling hard at times, succeeding at others, but always learning. Every season could be a different country, a different lesson or set of lessons. "Kung-Fu" style, almost. Cast an actor around 13, so every season he noticeably grows up as we're watching. Series finale: putting on the costume in the Batcave.

Any three of those options I could have gotten behind 200% and could have been great. I don't even think the budget would be drastically different in any of them. But alas... Smallville 2.0 was what they wanted.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-15-2017 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #467
Storm Eagle
Saved by

A five-minute sneak peek of what's to come in the current season called "A Dark Knight: Sneak Peek" will air tomorrow on February 3rd at 11:55pm.

http://thefutoncritic.com/listings/20180131fox02/
Old 02-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #468
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
A five-minute sneak peek of what's to come in the current season called "A Dark Knight: Sneak Peek" will air tomorrow on February 3rd at 11:55pm.

http://thefutoncritic.com/listings/20180131fox02/
When does season 4 resume?
What is the deal of Bruce Wayne going into a party boy donkey? It just happened no plot transition.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:54 PM   #469
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
When does season 4 resume?
March 1st. It says so in the link.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:59 PM   #470
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Okay. It also listed previous reoccurring cast. Sarah Essen has appeared? Also Crispus Allen? I don't remember them. Was it the first season which I largely did not watch?
Old 02-03-2018, 07:05 AM   #471
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
There's a youtuber called Knightwing01 who's the biggest example of this.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:58 AM   #472
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
There's a youtuber called Knightwing01 who's the biggest example of this.
Ah phooey. Just let the rest of us enjoy it.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:43 PM   #473
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What Gotham could have been:

A) A prequel with a younger Gordon and the GCPD doing procedural type stuff around Gotham, dealing with increasingly crazed criminals. There could be a smattering of Batman villains where it would be understandable, like Cobblepot, sure, but mostly a lot of the warring mafias. Wayne Enterprises, Lucius Fox, etc. could figure into things in varying but limited degrees, but keeping things focused on Gordon. His coming up in the ranks, against insurmountable gangsters and police corruption. Him earning his rep, sort of Untouchables-style. This wouldn't be about Batman's rogue's galleries before there was even a Batman.

B) An older Gordon/GCPD show taking place in the present WITH Batman already operating. Basically, Gotham has already gone to hell in a handbasket, so the show is kind of "day in the life" of Gordon dealing with both regular criminals and some of Batman's rogue's gallery. Batman could cameo at times, or only ever be in the shadows... or not show up at all. This would be a street level counterpoint to the larger-than-life stuff that Batman is actively doing out there and/or a show dealing with the fallout of that.

C) Young Bruce: The Show, basically. Series premiere, we watch his parents get murdered. Now the aftermath. Let's follow him around the world, watching him blow all of his money training under the best masters, falling hard at times, succeeding at others, but always learning. Every season could be a different country, a different lesson or set of lessons. "Kung-Fu" style, almost. Cast an actor around 13, so every season he noticeably grows up as we're watching. Series finale: putting on the costume in the Batcave.

Any three of those options I could have gotten behind 200% and could have been great. I don't even think the budget would be drastically different in any of them. But alas... Smallville 2.0 was what they wanted.

How about A and C combined? It actually works pretty well as an elseworlds version. I love the takes on many of the characters- Bullock, for example, is spot on. Jerome is what I've always wanted to see in a LA Joker, and Penguin.... I LOVE this guy!! Even Nygma is almost perfect. Only ones I kind of don't care about are Ivy, Barbara, and Crane. Gordon is decent but not my favorite, and Bruce is sort of losing my interest, actually. But everyone else is great. This show has sort of become more about the origins of the villains than Batman's.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:16 PM   #474
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Season three has been pretty fun. I've really warmed up to Jerome as proto-Joker, the actor is so much fun and does a cool mix of previous Jokers.

I do hope we'll get a Batman season eventually when Bruce is old enough, or the actor can pass as old enough and not be cockteased like Smallville did, but I doubt it
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:30 PM   #475
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

http://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/04/...-no-mans-land/

Gotham in attempt to avoid cancellation is rebooting its continuity with a take on No Man's Land. How this will work especially if there is a season 5 is my question.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #476
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, so it's avoiding cancelation with a reboot in the same series as a Season 5? What the? It baffles me this show has survived this long.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:40 PM   #477
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 04-18-2018, 04:49 PM   #478
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

This show like Arrow should have been cancelled a long time ago.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:52 PM   #479
CyberCubed
Overlord

With Disney buying Fox, this show will almost definitely end with Season 5 if it goes on one more year.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:08 PM   #480
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Way to bitch about a show you don't even watch.

That stuff about a half-assed reboot does make me wonder though. I almost want to say that I'd rather they just discontinue the whole show, but the idea might surprise me if actually carried out.

Tags
cuckfall, cuckham, cuckmissioner gordon, god i love being a sjw, got ham