The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
ToTheNines
[sic]

The 4kids TMNT Continuity Timeline

Special thanks: Chris for help with season 4 chronology & Loudo for some pre-season 1 events.

~65,000,000 B.C.
The Turtles and Renet stop Savanti Romero's plan of having the Earth dodge the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs.

~300
An evil being called The Shredder rises and terroizes Japan. Emperor Ōjin sends an elite group of warriors known as The Five Dragons to destroy it. Their greatest warrior, Oroku Saki, is secretly seduced into merging with the Tengu just before delivering the killing blow.

After a reign of terror, The Shredder is defeated by the remaining members of The Five Dragons and is imprisoned for what is meant to be eternity.

~1004
A faction of Utroms crashland on Earth and set up base in Japan. Their dangerous prisoner Ch'rell escapes.

~1300
Ch'rell takes up the identity of The Shredder, re-establishes the Foot Clan and has the Sword of Tengu forged. Since they are being hunted, The Utroms recruit honorable warriors to serve as Guardians and protect them.

Ch'rell eventually uses a magical amulet known as The Heart of Tengu to enslave The Demon Shredder's elemental heralds and uses them as his own mystic warriors.

The Turtles and Renet appear in medieval times while trying to flee Lord Simultaneous, and end up battling Savanti Romero for the first time. Savanti is banished to live among the dinosaurs millions of years in the past.

~1603
The Shredder brings the Tokugawa Shogunate to power in Japan, starting the Edo period.

American soldier John Bishop is abducted by aliens during The Battle of New Orleans. Although he undergoes many painful tests, his body is gifted with extremely advanced longevity.

President Ulysses S. Grant establishes the Earth Protection Force. Agent Bishop is placed in charge.

Agent Bishop accquires an alien space ship and a test subject in Roswell, New Mexico.

Hamato Yoshi is born.

~1960
A young Yoshi is adopted by The Ancient One.

Mid 1970's
Tang Shen takes in Splinter as a pet.

Yukio Mashimi betrays Yoshi and the Utroms by murdering Tang Shen and revealing the Utrom's base. They are forced to flee to NYC after being attacked by The Foot.

Yoshi seeks the Ninja Tribunal's aide in battling Shredder. They refuse, since he is merely an imposter of the original.

Shredder most likely adopts Karai around this time.

TCRI is founded in New York.

Casey Jones is born.

April O'Neil is born.

Hamato Yoshi wins the Battle Nexus tournament.

~1987
Casey's father is killed by Hun and the Purple Dragons.

Shredder tracks down and kills Yoshi.

Splinter and the Turtles are doused in mutagen after an accident
involving a TCRI truck.

~1989
Splinter takes the Turtles to Japan to visit The Ancient One and spread Master Yoshi's ashes.

Serling accidentally appears through a time portal and is claimed by the Turtles as their new toy since he's been reduced to mere inches. He eventually returns to 2007.

Splinter begins training the Turtles in the art of ninjutsu.

~1993
The Turtles meet a boy named Arnie (actually Casey Jones) and proceed to train him so he can deal with neighborhood bullies. Michelangelo inadvertently leads him to coin his battlecry: "Goongala!"

Splinter teaches Leonardo to overcome his fear of heights. Leonardo and Raphael fight a giant albino crocodile in the sewers.

The Foot kidnap civilians and genetically alter them to search for the Utroms, who are suspected to be hiding underground.

Splinter wins The Battle Nexus tournament. He is later ambushed by the runner-up Drako, but is saved by Miyamoto Usagi and the Daimyo.

The Turtles turn 15.

The Turtles are forced from their home by Baxter Stockman's Mouser robots and their feud with the Foot clan begins. They meet April O'Neil and Casey Jones.

The Turtles confront The Shredder for the first time. He is defeated by Splinter, but survives.

Shredder attacks the Turtles full-force, destroying April's home in the process. They flee NY with April and Casey, all believed dead by the Foot Clan.

The Turtles return to New York after spending the Winter hiding in Massachusets. Leonardo decapitates The Shredder with the Sword of Tengu and Donatello disables most of the remaining equipment in the Foot Clan's tower. Master Splinter goes missing after being injured in the battle.

The Turtles inflitrate the TCRI building looking for Splinter. They are accidentally transported across the galaxy and meet the Fugitoid, who is on the run from both The Fedaration and Triceraton Republic.

The Turtles and the Fugitoid return to Earth. The Teleportal's activity alerts the Shredder to the location of the Utrom's base and he attacks almost immediately. The Utroms flee to their homeworld in the Theta Galaxy and the Shredder is left in the imploding building. He is assumed dead.

The Turtles turn 16.

With The Shredder gone, the city's gangs are at war. Karai, daughter of The Shredder and head of the Foot Clan in Japan, allies herself with the Turtles to put an end to the chaos. A truce is made between the Foot and the Turtles.

The Shredder once again emerges from his apparent death and breaks the truce, putting Karai at conflict between her honor and her duty.

Michelangelo wins the Battle Nexus tournament.

A Christmas feast is held at the lair. Michelangelo adopts Klunk.

The Triceratons invade Earth in seach of the Fugitoid. The Turtles encounter Agent Bishop for the first time. The Fugitoid cripples both the Triceraton Republic and The Federation by uploading a virus into their systems. Traximus overthrows the current Triceraton regime and brings peace between them and the Federation.

The Turtles turn 17.

The Shredder launches his star-ship made from salvaged Triceraton technology, and the Turtles and Splinter nearly die trying to stop him, but they are saved at the last second by the Utroms. He is found guilty by an Utrom jury and is sentenced to be exiled for life on an icy asteroid. Karai vows vengeance.

The Turtles and Splinter recover in Northhampton after the battle. They come back to New York fully healed, but Leonardo can not forgive himself for his failure. Splinter sends him to seek the Ancient One after realizing that there is nothing more he can do for his troubled son.

Karai assumes the mantle of The Shredder. She attacks and destroys the Turtle's home while Leonardo is still training in Japan.

The Turtles battle a mutant outbreak accidentally caused by Agent Bishop. Donatello is unknowingly infected and mutates further some time later.

The Turtles rescue a mutated Donatello by retreiving the Heart of Tengu for Bishop, who is tricked into destroying it, thus releasing The Shredder's Heralds (the Foot Mystics). They immediately begin their quest to resurrect their master, the original Shredder.

The Turtles are summoned to Japan to train under the Ninja Tribunal.

The Turtles turn 18.

The Turtles battle the ressurected Tengu Shredder alongside all the allies they can gather. The spirit of Hamato Yoshi destroys him for good. Karai lets go of her vendetta against the Turtles.

The Turtles are sucked into the future by Cody Jones.

The Turtles turn 19 and become Chunin while trapped in the future.

After 1 year, the Turtles return from the future and spend months battling the new Cyber Shredder and recovering Splinter's lost data bits.

April and Casey get married in Northampton. Serling is sent back to the future some time after the wedding.

The Turtles and Splinter return to The Battle Nexus for another tournament. The results are unknown.

The Turtles team up with their Fred Wolf cartoon and Mirage comic book counterparts to stop The Shredder once and for all before he destroys the multi-verse.

The Turtles turn 20.

Bishop and Stockman's alien lab is destroyed by accident but Bishop is rescued by one of his alien prisoners.

~2091
Cody Jones is born.

The Turtles and Splinter appear in the future and meet April and Casey's great-grandson Cody Jones. They battle many new enemies, and discover that Bishop is now a world leader.

The Turtles kill Sh'oKanabo and seemingly delete Viral, ending any threat of the Day of Awakening for good.

The Turtles and Cody go on several unseen adventures. They meet Space Usagi, battle a Triceraton Shredder, and possibly aide the Dark Turtles in turning against Darius Dunn. They celebrate their 19th birthday around this time.

Cody sends the Turtles back to their time. There is a malfunction caused by Viral, and Serling is accidentally sent back too. Luckily, Cody gets the time machine working again some time later.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 08-15-2013 at 06:16 AM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
gobo
Wacky Action

ou misspelled "feud" up there. I'd be interested to know where you gleaned some of these dates from. I'm sure some are just estimations.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
ou misspelled "feud" up there. I'd be interested to know where you gleaned some of these dates from. I'm sure some are just estimations.
You misspelled "you"

Which dates? They all came from piece of evidence in the show.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action

Well, I'm sure the majority if not all of them aren't total shots in the dark. I'm just curious to know what date was evidenced by what fact. So, I'm asking for a lot. Feel free to ignore my request if it makes your head hurt.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
ToTheNines
[sic]

Lol... it does make my head hurt doing them all at once, but if you'd like to shoot me one at a time I could handle it.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
k_lala
Hench Mutant

Wow how did you figure out the years of all that??? I don't think they have an official time from everything on 2003 and beyond... All of the seasons 1-5 could have happened within a 2 year or even 1 year span.

I'm not sure how you came up with those other dates, they could be accurate though.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
Wow how did you figure out the years of all that??? I don't think they have an official time from everything on 2003 and beyond... All of the seasons 1-5 could have happened within a 2 year or even 1 year span.

I'm not sure how you came up with those other dates, they could be accurate though.
I base most of it around the winter seasons, that's the easiest way to tell if a year has passed.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
Koi
Mad Scientist

How do you figure that the turtles were oozed on 88, or a lot of the dates actually.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
How do you figure that the turtles were oozed on 88, or a lot of the dates actually.
They're 15 in season one which takes place in 2003. 2003-15= 1988.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
Koi
Mad Scientist

But cartoons don't always take place in the same time as we do. Which is why I am confused on why you chose 2003, I don't think the show at all actually said the timing it was in at that point.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
But cartoons don't always take place in the same time as we do. Which is why I am confused on why you chose 2003, I don't think the show at all actually said the timing it was in at that point.
Is it that hard for you to accept that the show starts in 2003? If you work backwards from Fast Forward, all signs say it does.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 06-02-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Is that hard for you to accept that the show starts in 2003? If you work backwards from Fast Forward, all signs say it does.
^ This. >> is the perfect branching out point. They go forward 100 years to 2105. There are X years between Things Change and Future Shellshock. 2105-100-X=Things Change-15=Mutation...and so on.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #13
k_lala
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I base most of it around the winter seasons, that's the easiest way to tell if a year has passed.
2004-2008 is still up for debate. I know that much time passed on our time doesn't have to mean it did on there time. I dont remember if that many winter episodes in the series.

After all Spider-Man is still young.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #14
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
2004-2008 is still up for debate. I know that much time passed on our time doesn't have to mean it did on there time. I dont remember if that many winter episodes in the series.
I didn't base this upon real time at all outside of the starting date of 2003. I have BttS taking place in 2007 but it came out in 08, Turtles Forever happened in 2008 but came out in 09.

And there's the winter shown in Tales of Leo/ Monster Hunter, then another shown in the Christmas episode, then I know it's "fanon" but I shoehorned one in there during the "outbreak" incident just because I feel like that went on for a while. Then there's two off-screen winters that take place during Fast Forward and after BttS.

Quote:
After all Spider-Man is still young.
That has nothing to do with anything. Spider-man is still young because he gets rebooted all the time.

I hate to sound like a jerk since I would greatly appreciate any intelligent input or conversation, but if you're just gonna come here and be negative about this list just keep it to yourselves.

I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me, but at least take the time to think up some contradictory evidence before telling me I'm wrong.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 06-02-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #15
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Turtles has always ran different to more mainstream characters. They have aged where Spidey, Batman, Superman and others have not.

In TMNT Vol. 4 the first T is unnecessary, because then they aren't even teens anymore.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #16
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Turtles has always ran different to more mainstream characters. They have aged where Spidey, Batman, Superman and others have not.

In TMNT Vol. 4 the first T is unnecessary, because then they aren't even teens anymore.
Yeah, the Mirage timeline can be broken down into years too based upon bits of evidence here and there (The guys are about 29 at the start of Volume 4 by my calculations). Surprisingly, the Image series fits in with everything quite well.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #17
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

I like what you are doing and think what you got so far looks good. I really don't know much about all the episodes to help but this is very helpful in breaking down the events.

-ms
Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Its pretty obvious the show took place in the same years as it was airing, as 2105 was 100 years from 2005...which was when Season 5 was originally supposed to air before they skipped over it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #19
ToTheNines
[sic]

Just added Casey and April's birthyears, and a couple of other little things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
I like what you are doing and think what you got so far looks good. I really don't know much about all the episodes to help but this is very helpful in breaking down the events.
Thanks a lot man.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #20
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
After her father's defeat, Karai becomes The Shredder. She attacks and destroys the Turtle's home while Leonardo is in Japan training with The Ancient One.

The Turtles battle a mutant outbreak caused by Agent Bishop. Donatello is unknowingly infected and mutates further, months later.

The Turtles rescue a mutated Donatello by retreiving the Heart of Tengu for Bishop, who is tricked into destroying it, thus releasing The Shredder's Heralds (the Foot Mystics).
Quote:
And there's the winter shown in Tales of Leo/ Monster Hunter, then another shown in the Christmas episode, then I know it's "fanon" but I shoehorned one in there during the "outbreak" incident just because I feel like that went on for a while. Then there's two off-screen winters that take place during Fast Forward and after BttS.
Actually you'll find it's canon, not "fanon", you just need to shift the start of the year slightly.

All Hallows Thieves occurs, naturally, on 31st October, Leo goes training with the Ancient One 3 episodes later, then in Scion of Shredder it's said that Leo's been gone for 2 months. So even if everything between All Hallow's Thieves and The Ancient One happened in a few days (unlikely), it would still be a new year (2006) in Scion of Shredder.

I did a rough timeline of the episodes (just the modern day stuff, no where near as much detail as you've done here) and broke it down pretty much the same way;

2003 - Things Change to The Monster Hunter
2004 - Return to New York to The Christmas Aliens
2005 - Space Invaders to The Ancient One
2006 - Scion of Shredder to Enter the Dragons
2105 - Fast Forward
2007 - Back to the Sewer/Turtles Forever

I'd love to have Turtles Forever in 2009 for the actual 25th Anniversary, but I couldn't justify the 2 year gap when there's no real evidence on how much (if any) time has passed since BTTS.

The comic fan in me would love to have Return to New York as Christmas 2003, but it doesn't really work.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids, timeline