The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-28-2023, 01:37 AM   #921
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
A new cut of the movie just got finished, additional few minutes added to the ending and post-credits

Spoiler:
The film ends with Clooney's Bruce Wayne replacing Affleck in the Synderverse and the post-credits is Miller and Mamoa having a lolwut bro moment discussing it
Uhhhh.... what?

Spoiler:
First of all, what does that mean? The Snyderverse? I thought the "Snyderverse" was just being retconned into this new universe? i.e., WW and Aquaman still intact, probably. Why would Clooney replace Affleck in anything?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 01:44 AM   #922
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Uhhhh.... what?

Spoiler:
First of all, what does that mean? The Snyderverse? I thought the "Snyderverse" was just being retconned into this new universe? i.e., WW and Aquaman still intact, probably. Why would Clooney replace Affleck in anything?
Spoiler:
The leaks sound weird, but seem to suggest the Snyderverse is transformed into the one from Batman and Robin and they're just going to leave it like that as a final jab at it, and Gunn's universe will be all new and separate.

I know, that goes against everything they've said publicly, so I don't know what's going on now if this is what happens.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 01:47 AM   #923
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Spoiler:
The leaks sound weird, but seem to suggest the Snyderverse is transformed into the one from Batman and Robin and they're just going to leave it like that as a final jab at it, and Gunn's universe will be all new and separate.

I know, that goes against everything they've said publicly, so I don't know what's going on now if this is what happens.
Yeesh... that's pretty savage if so. And kind of cutthroat.
Old 05-28-2023, 02:49 AM   #924
Barkworm
Super Moderator

If this is true, it's hard to see this as anything but a huge final jab at Snyder. Which would be hilarious but also really inappropriate.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 03:04 AM   #925
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

And also... Gunn must have actually pulled the trigger on filming yet more reshoots on this that we've not heard of yet. To do this. Including Ezra and paying him more money.
Old 05-28-2023, 04:50 AM   #926
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
If this had been a Batman film, it could have become their No Way Home. Instead, WB is just lamely attempting to achieve the same success by making a Flash film but putting a huge emphasis on Batman in the marketing. The actual main character is nowhere near as popular as Batman, Spider-Man or
- in this particular version - even Dr Strange though.
In retrospect, if DC wanted to make a bank, they should have done it a Batman crossover: it is their only evergreen property (Schumacher offerings aside) and the only one which actually has multiple versions of character. Flash has only modern version and TV series from 90s, I think - no enough material for a crossover.

But DC went with Flash. I don't blame them - this decision was made before Ezra outed himself as a creep and before DCCU has started to collapse (again!), but still, I am sad that proper Batman crossover is out of the reach, for now at least.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 11:31 AM   #927
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So no press from Miller, just the standard red carpet for everyone (except Keaton and Mamoa, who are filming new movies and will miss the premiere), a sequel script exists that also stars Keaton and Calle.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/t...el-1235632040/
Old 06-04-2023, 01:00 AM   #928
member_removed
Hench Mutant

Quote:
So no press from Miller, just the standard red carpet for everyone (except Keaton and Mamoa, who are filming new movies and will miss the premiere), a sequel script exists that also stars Keaton and Calle.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/t...el-1235632040/
I'm assuming without Miller.

I can't even guess if this will be successful or tank hard.

Ezra is poison, but the Keaton nostalgia factor. As far as my 2023 cinema nostalgia dollars goes, I'm far more excited for Keaton (and I hated Batman Returns), then I am for more Harrison Ford (kinda done after KotCS and TFA).

No, you take the ugly one!

I'll take the ugly one!

Which one's the ugly one?
member_removed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 10:11 AM   #929
IMJ
Emperor

Let's face it - without Cavill and with culturally-appropriated and now emo-Supergirl, everyone is going to pay to see this almost exclusively for the Keaton appearance and minutes with Afleck in it.

This would sell some tickets either way as the first real Flash movie, but.....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:59 AM   #930
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 06-06-2023, 06:09 PM   #931
IMJ
Emperor

"Not only the inclusion of Supergirl, but also bringing in a Supergirl that doesn't look like the one that everyone knows".

All cliche-feed-words for the consumption of people who are unequipped to rebuttal the nonsense. All empty nonsense that implies something, but nobody knows what so they just say "Diversity! It's good!" durp.

"This Supergirl looks like a lesbian, is out of shape and has an emo-haircut! It's stunning and brave!"

Last edited by IMJ; 06-07-2023 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-06-2023, 11:55 PM   #932
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Reviews coming in. Pretty mixed.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_flash_2023

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-07-2023 at 01:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:09 AM   #933
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
"Not only the inclusion of Supergirl, but also bringing in a Supergirl that doesn't look like the one that everyone knows".
Which Gunn could very easily pivot from and go, "OK, that was the multiverse Supergirl from the Flash movie... NOW we're introducing the REAL DCEU Supergirl." And it could be, basically, a white girl with blond hair.

It makes sense. The Flash Supergirl is from a weirdo universe with not even any Superman or anything, so why wouldn't we meet a new Supergirl in the new DCEU universe? The "problem" I foresee is that even if The Flash tanks (and I don't think it will), as soon as Gunn announces that then the entire leftist media will rise up and treat it the same way that they treated the burying of the Batgirl movie and, by consequence, actress. A heinous crime, a cancelling of a POC. And Gunn may not want to step onto that battlefield and may just end up finding some way to explain her into the DCEU.

A compromise I'd be fine with is, hey, here's the new DCEU Supergirl. Brand new character. Played by the same actress from the Flash but with long blond hair and fresh after having been sent off to Muscle Camp for a while.
Old 06-07-2023, 07:43 AM   #934
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Which Gunn could very easily pivot from and go, "OK, that was the multiverse Supergirl from the Flash movie... NOW we're introducing the REAL DCEU Supergirl." And it could be, basically, a white girl with blond hair.

It makes sense. The Flash Supergirl is from a weirdo universe with not even any Superman or anything, so why wouldn't we meet a new Supergirl in the new DCEU universe? The "problem" I foresee is that even if The Flash tanks (and I don't think it will), as soon as Gunn announces that then the entire leftist media will rise up and treat it the same way that they treated the burying of the Batgirl movie and, by consequence, actress. A heinous crime, a cancelling of a POC. And Gunn may not want to step onto that battlefield and may just end up finding some way to explain her into the DCEU.

A compromise I'd be fine with is, hey, here's the new DCEU Supergirl. Brand new character. Played by the same actress from the Flash but with long blond hair and fresh after having been sent off to Muscle Camp for a while.
The new DCU Supergirl from James Gunn will be a Supergirl that wasn't raised on Earth however, So she didn't have the kind of upbringing that Superman had on Earth, And this Supergirl is based on the Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow comic run.

This Supergirl story was a lot more cosmic.

Old 06-07-2023, 07:49 AM   #935
robertfiduciary
Foot Soldier

Wow. If they gave out awards for being wrong, you'd win a medal.

Spoiler:
There WAS a Superman in the "weirdo universe." But he was murdered as an infant by General Zod. This is 100% explained in the movie. Which I've already seen.

Quote:

robertfiduciary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 07:58 AM   #936
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Keep in mind that they cast Supergirl long before James Gunn took over, So he wasn't around when they picked the actor to play her.

Its very likely that Supergirl will be played by a different actor, Since James Gunn is pretty much involved with the casting process, Its why he decided not to bring the previous cast from the SnyderVerse into his new DCU, Because he wants to go with a younger cast, a cast we will see more then likely for years to come.
Old 06-07-2023, 08:54 AM   #937
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Keep in mind that they cast Supergirl long before James Gunn took over, So he wasn't around when they picked the actor to play her.

Its very likely that Supergirl will be played by a different actor, Since James Gunn is pretty much involved with the casting process, Its why he decided not to bring the previous cast from the SnyderVerse into his new DCU, Because he wants to go with a younger cast, a cast we will see more then likely for years to come.
I dunno.... I am already seeing interviews with "the movie people" who are saying that Ezra Miller isn't necessarily out as Flash after this. I'm sure all final decisions will be made after the box office comes in.

But truth be told, I expect this to do well, but hardly to be anything remotely near an "Avengers" level haul that I think they are hoping for...
Old 06-07-2023, 10:19 AM   #938
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertfiduciary View Post
Spoiler:
There WAS a Superman in the "weirdo universe." But he was murdered as an infant by General Zod. This is 100% explained in the movie. Which I've already seen.
Whatever. Same difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
No sh**.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:17 AM   #939
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

It's reviewing very strong for a DC film, honestly. I'll be going opening weekend for sure.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 12:51 PM   #940
robertfiduciary
Foot Soldier

Yes, it's the "same" in the sense that you made a statement about a piece of pop culutre, and you were wrong about it. Kind of your "thing," I guess. To make statements that prove to be incorrect, I mean.

But, "whatever." You do you, dude.

And also, for all the (unfounded) criticism about Supergirl's look:

Spoiler:
She's been prisoner for a LONG time in the movie. She's actually quite emaciated in the start of the film. But she ends up kicking butt once the Flashes (both of them) and Batman set her free.

She actually turned out to be one of my favorite parts of the whole adventure.

Quote:
Whatever. Same difference.

Last edited by robertfiduciary; 06-07-2023 at 12:58 PM.
robertfiduciary is offline   Reply With Quote