The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2022, 01:26 PM   #21
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Okay, but you yourself can 'boycott' something, but if millions upon millions of other people go, and pay for something then the boycott isn't going to be effective. At all. Just like that Chick Fil A boycott from years ago. That so totally hurt them in the piggy bank. Totally.

Ah, yes, you want to LARP that you're a superhero that's actually saving the world from the 'wokesters' by shaming everyone you presume are paying for crap you deem woke. "You're, like, totally diminishing their ability to brainwash the sheep lol (pops bubblegum) tee hee".

By the way, how many 'woke' things have flopped/failed in the last few years? Many. Yet nothing has changed. You can chant "go woke, go broke" or whatever until you're blue in the face, it's not doing anything in the least. Everyone who is a 'brainwashed sheep' remains so, and the entertainment industry doesn't give a f*ck about you or any of the others like you. Man, I still remember the likes of DoomC*ck making claims that 'woke Hollywood' was going down in flames, and all the 'libtards' like Kathleen Kennedy were being fired.
You’re right in that it most likely won’t make a difference. After all, I boycotted “Into The Spider-Verse” because the director defended Antifa. The movie still became a big success and is loved by many to this day. But I don’t really care. I stood by my decision to not financially support that director, and from my perspective, I didn’t betray my morals and I won the battle. Boycotting is a personal choice, and you may not agree with it, which is fine.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:33 PM   #22
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
You’re right in that it most likely won’t make a difference. After all, I boycotted “Into The Spider-Verse” because the director defended Antifa. The movie still became a big success and is loved by many to this day. But I don’t really care. I stood by my decision to not financially support that director, and from my perspective, I didn’t betray my morals and I won the battle. Boycotting is a personal choice, and you may not agree with it, which is fine.
Cool.

I went to see Into the Spider-verse four times in the theater, and bought it on DVD and on blu-ray. It's one of my favorite movies of all time.

I also saw Big Hero 6, Pacific Rim, Batman Begins, and Hellboy (2004) in theaters roughly ten times. Pretty sure these are all considered retroactively 'woke' and 'liberal' nowadays as well. Oops. Well, I only saw one dude call Begins the 'woke Batman movie', but I'll just assume it is anyhow.

I'm a wokester libtard, it's what I do.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:37 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

You hang around some pretty weird people.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:39 PM   #24
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You hang around some pretty weird people.
I don't hang around anyone, bro.

I'm just not a mindless drone that lets politics (especially of one dude in a crew of hundreds/thousands) dictate what I enjoy.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:41 PM   #25
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Cool.

I went to see Into the Spider-verse four times in the theater, and bought it on DVD and on blu-ray. It's one of my favorite movies of all time.

I also saw Big Hero 6, Pacific Rim, Batman Begins, and Hellboy (2004) in theaters roughly ten times. Pretty sure these are all considered retroactively 'woke' and 'liberal' nowadays as well. Oops. Well, I only saw one dude call Begins the 'woke Batman movie', but I'll just assume it is anyhow.

I'm a wokester libtard, it's what I do.
I never called you a wokester libtard. You did that yourself.

And I don’t think less of anybody who likes the movies that I dislike. I’m sure people would call me a dumb person for liking the movie “See Spot Run”, which I grew up watching and is one of my favorite movies of all time. But hey, that’s their opinion. Heck, I loved “Jurassic World Dominion” and so many people hated it, and I can understand why they didn’t enjoy it considering its many flaws but I still did.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:44 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
She does that a lot.

About the movie itself, though, I don't think it will be woke. I've never seen Rogen's horrible politics bleed into anything he's worked on and I don't think he'd use TMNT as the time to start. That the movie may be "fundamentally flawed" seems to be the big concern.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:45 PM   #27
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
She does that a lot.

About the movie itself, though, I don't think it will be woke. I've never seen Rogen's horrible politics bleed into anything he's worked on and I don't think he'd use TMNT as the time to start. That the movie may be "fundamentally flawed" seems to be the big concern.
Have you ever seen “Santa Inc”?
Old 07-19-2022, 01:46 PM   #28
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Only because that's the label the right likes to stick on me. The left like to put labels on me too. It's grrrreat.

Quote:
And I don’t think less of anybody who likes the movies that I dislike. I’m sure people would call me a dumb person for liking the movie “See Spot Run”, which I grew up watching and is one of my favorite movies of all time. But hey, that’s their opinion. Heck, I loved “Jurassic World Dominion” and so many people hated it, and I can understand why they didn’t enjoy it considering the flaws but I still did.

Alrighty. Maybe we'll get along then.

Because when I said I liked the Hellboy movies (not the sh*tty 2019 one), I got ten replies from tighty righties on Reddit who screamed at me that Ron Perlman is a d-bag, and I'm a snowflake, should kill myself, blahblahblah. I...don't care? I actually think Perlman is a d-bag, but I still love those movies, and even if I changed my mind...what? Am I supposed to go back in time, and tell my younger self to hate these movies because the lead actor is going to make derogatory comments in the future? Not sure what people think they're accomplishing by screaming at people to hate things they deem woke.

I don't know if I'll like the Rogan TMNT. Maybe, maybe not. It could be garbage, and honestly, I don't trust Rogan with the franchise. Or maybe he will make the best TMNT movie since the 1990 one. I'll wait to see more info before I make a judgment call.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:49 PM   #29
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Alrighty. Maybe we'll get along then.

Because when I said I liked the Hellboy movies (not the sh*tty 2019 one), I got ten replies from tighty righties on Reddit who screamed at me that Ron Perlman is a d-bag, and I'm a snowflake, should kill myself, blahblahblah. I...don't care? I actually think Perlman is a d-bag, but I still love those movies, and even if I changed my mind...what? Am I supposed to go back in time, and tell my younger self to hate these movies because the lead actor is going to make derogatory comments in the future? Not sure what people think they're accomplishing by screaming at people to hate things they deem woke.
I LOVE 2004 Hellboy and Hellboy 2. I wish they made Hellboy 3, but instead we got that crappy 2019 reboot.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:55 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Have you ever seen “Santa Inc”?
No, but I'm well aware of it. He had nothing creatively to do with that, though. Just a hired gun voice actor reading a script.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:55 PM   #31
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I LOVE 2004 Hellboy and Hellboy 2. I wish they made Hellboy 3, but instead we got that crappy 2019 reboot.
I wanted it, but I think the ship's sailed so far it's near Fiji right about now.

Perlman's too old, and also a d-bag like I said in my previous comment. Del Toro is busy, plus I think he's just...over it.

Tbh, I think HB2 is a fine ending. Hellboy and the other BPRD agents are now free to live their lives the way they see fit, and Hellboy and Liz are starting a family. On another note, MacFarlane was amazing as Kraus, and it's probably my favorite role for him over.

Quote:
No, but I'm well aware of it. He had nothing creatively to do with that, though. Just a hired gun voice actor reading a script.
Don't feel like looking it up, but I could've sworn he was a writer for it, and a producer on that one. I think he put his fingers in that cookie jar to some extent. But I could be wrong.

Edit: Dammit. Looked it up. And you're right. One executive producer credit, and he starred in it.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:01 PM   #32
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Dude, he called people who criticized it “white supremacists”. He may not have written the script, but he buys into all that b.s and defends it. Even Bill Murray, who voiced Garfield in the 2004 movie, denounced it and called it for what it truly was: garbage.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:24 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Dude, he called people who criticized it “white supremacists”. He may not have written the script, but he buys into all that b.s and defends it. Even Bill Murray, who voiced Garfield in the 2004 movie, denounced it and called it for what it truly was: garbage.
Oh, I don't doubt the movie echoes his worldview and all that. I'm just saying I've never seen him bleed his politics and such into any work that he's had a creative hand in so much so that I was bowled over when I learned he was a full-on SJW staunch liberal. If his TMNT movie sucks it'll be because it's "TMNT Go to High School: The Movie" with a bunch of sight gags and wacky crap, not because of the stuff he says on Twitter.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:17 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

It depends entirely if the movie is good or not. If it's a good movie, I'll go see it. If not, well, I'll probably wind up watching it at least once, I saw both the 2014-2016 movies after all despite those horrid noses/nostrils that traumatized me for life...so.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 06:19 PM   #35
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It depends entirely if the movie is good or not. If it's a good movie, I'll go see it. If not, well, I'll probably wind up watching it at least once, I saw both the 2014-2016 movies after all despite those horrid noses/nostrils that traumatized me for life...so.
The nostrils…oh yeah….
Old 07-19-2022, 08:59 PM   #36
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Okay, but you yourself can 'boycott' something, but if millions upon millions of other people go, and pay for something then the boycott isn't going to be effective. At all. Just like that Chick Fil A boycott from years ago. That so totally hurt them in the piggy bank. Totally.

Ah, yes, you want to LARP that you're a superhero that's actually saving the world from the 'wokesters' by shaming everyone you presume are paying for crap you deem woke. "You're, like, totally diminishing their ability to brainwash the sheep lol (pops bubblegum) tee hee".

By the way, how many 'woke' things have flopped/failed in the last few years? Many. Yet nothing has changed. You can chant "go woke, go broke" or whatever until you're blue in the face, it's not doing anything in the least. Everyone who is a 'brainwashed sheep' remains so, and the entertainment industry doesn't give a f*ck about you or any of the others like you. Man, I still remember the likes of DoomC*ck making claims that 'woke Hollywood' was going down in flames, and all the 'libtards' like Kathleen Kennedy were being fired.
It's a large vessel that steers slowly in an open sea. The woke movement and culture has diminished significantly - especially on media and entertainment. And a big hand in that is not being embraced by the "arts" because they have to change course due to backlash and hitting them in the wallet.

It's the irony of the whole situation - "capitalism" beats "capitalism haters" by consumer choice which translates into dollars. Your post above is far too galvanizing and relies on grandiose depictions like "going down in flames" and words like "everyone" and so on. The ship of woke $#!( has been correcting itself for some time. And it's been dragged out in the wider consciousness by studios who thought they would "onboard" and made plans around it reaching out months and years.

All I'm doing is pointing it out as need be as reinforcement with support. I don't deem something is woke - I'm intelligent enough to see it just like most people who either see it and know it or see it and won't admit it for personal psychology xyz.

Rogen has historically been a woke $#!( @$$hole. e.g., he will pollute this flick with his ideology. Don't pay for woke $#!(. Vet it first. The sheep shell out the cash at the possibility of a dopamine hit. -ties cape to shoulder-
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:31 PM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
The woke movement and culture has diminished significantly - especially on media and entertainment.
I don't think that's true.

There's a black chick playing Death in the Sandman TV series. That is THE most deliberate "F*ck You" casting I've ever seen in my life, having a black actress portray the Whitest Character In All Of Fiction (or at least as "white" as you can get without being a literal skeleton). The only reason that was done was because "F*ck Y'all, That's Why."

I think it's all about the same. Maybe a tiny bit less prevalent than last year, but I don't think it's "significantly" diminished at all.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:21 AM   #38
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I don't get how people can say that the 'woke movement' is gone or diminishing. It's as strong as ever. I guess it's folks smoking copium or whatever. Most western entertainment right now is putting politics and idealism over quality storytelling. Like I said on here before, people seem to believe wokeness means just having a diverse cast or a, say, black lead or an underlying political message... But no, wokeness is when the work is essentially overtaken by the politics of its creator(s), to the detriment of the story and characters. Sadly, we have a lot of hack authors working today that like to virtue signal. As you said, Leo, I'm pretty sure the casting of Death was done as an intentional eff you to the fans. I'm sure the actress is talented, and could do a good job, but...it's the kind of thing that makes one raise an eyebrow.
Old 07-20-2022, 05:43 AM   #39
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

I'm not gonna judge this movie's concept until I've seen a trailer, the concept art looks interesting with the different designs, but seeing a trailer will help me figure out if it sounds like a movie I'll see or not
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:43 AM   #40
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I don't think that's true.

There's a black chick playing Death in the Sandman TV series. That is THE most deliberate "F*ck You" casting I've ever seen in my life, having a black actress portray the Whitest Character In All Of Fiction (or at least as "white" as you can get without being a literal skeleton). The only reason that was done was because "F*ck Y'all, That's Why."

I think it's all about the same. Maybe a tiny bit less prevalent than last year, but I don't think it's "significantly" diminished at all.
The Sandman series has been in development for a long time, and those castings were outlined and then done while everything was in full steam. Like I said, it's a slow ship when it comes to pop culture - we are talking years out during planning.

Again, you guys here are always incredibly galvanizing in your analysis - I never said woke $#!( was gone, but it is diminishing. And it started with the routine financial rejection of woke projects. The only woke $#!( projects that have had any legs at all in pop culture are those that infiltrated huge event-items that host to the kinds of addicts who will pay no matter what. Compare that to the support for non-woke-$#!( pop culture. the Spider-Man: No Way Home box office, Top Gun Maverick. All of those things are relative to each other.

You guys have to learn to see the nuance and you've got to embrace the fact that at this level your real power is support through consumerism.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote