The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-19-2021, 03:37 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Batgirl Movie HBO Max original

Bad Boys for Life’ Filmmakers to Direct ‘Batgirl’ Movie for Warner Bros. (Exclusive)

The Batgirl movie project has found its director. Or, rather, in this case, its directors.

Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, the duo behind the 2020 hit Bad Boys for Life, have closed a deal to steer Warner Bros.’s DC feature centering on Barbra Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon.

Christina Hodson, who wrote Bumblebee and is in the Warners fold with her screenwriting on Birds of Prey and The Flash, penned the script for what is being planned as a movie for HBO Max.

Kristin Burr, who is gearing up for the release of Cruella later this month, is producing.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ve-1234950696/
Old 05-19-2021, 05:39 PM   #2
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think we all want this adapted

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:23 PM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

no no we don't

Old 07-19-2021, 11:52 AM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Some of the women who have tested for the role

Quote:
Although test deals still are being locked up and some already have passed, the talent expected to test for the role includes Isabella Merced, Zoey Deutch and Leslie Grace. We also have heard Haley Lu Richardson’s name, but she might have bowed out before the test process.
https://deadline.com/2021/07/batgirl...mpression=true
Old 07-19-2021, 12:30 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
The second picture looks closest to Barbara Gordon so I will go with her.

So this really is happening but it is a streaming service exclusive?
Old 07-19-2021, 01:26 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Naw we can't have that. Scrap all of them and get a black woman, or maybe a Hispanic for the role. Are there any transwomen available?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 01:31 PM   #7
sdp
Megan Fox = April

they're all ugly, i'd rather take my chance with a black batgirl than any of those hags
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:35 AM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Black Panther was semi-woke. It's a movie about a black country in Africa but it wasn't all "black people are good, white people are bad" mentality. Plus the main villain was a fellow black from the hood, it's not like a white man was the core villain that the black hero had to save.

A movie about black people isn't inherently woke. Blacks have always had TV shows and movies like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:36 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since they use transgender as some kind of buzzword in these announcements, does anyone remember when they used to call these people "trannies" or "she-males?"

I remember the first time I heard those words were on the Jerry Springer show around 1999-2001 or so. I don't know if the word transgender was used back then, I remember them constantly saying "trannies" at the time or "she-males."

I never see people say "she-male" anymore, is that word considered derogatory these days? It's like how you don't see people call lesbians, "dykes" anymore. Well some girls call each other dykes but mainly only the butch masculine looking ones. Am I behind the times or do people not use these words any more?
Old 01-25-2022, 10:40 AM   #10
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I never see people say "she-male" anymore, is that word considered derogatory these days? It's like how you don't see people call lesbians, "dykes" anymore. Well some girls call each other dykes but mainly only the butch masculine looking ones. Am I behind the times or do people not use these words any more?
Pretty much everything is offensive to TRA depending on the level of their insanity.

Yes, even "Trans sexual", even though it is the most appropriate description of their psychosis. "She-male" and "Tranny" are basically like certain "N" word for this crowd of ill people.

Even "Trap", which refers to anime crossdressers considered to be offensive to trans. Why? IDK, just, because, they are self-obsessed hypocritical psychopaths.

There is no rhyme or reason, why these people find something offensive, they just do.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:02 AM   #11
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I forgot who cause I don't keep track of all these YouTubers but they tried to cancel someone for using the word tranny even though it was back when everyone uses that word and on top of that, the original video was talking about Chris Crocker (LEAVE... BRITNEY.... ALONE!!!) who referred to herself as a tranny.

Sorry, you don't to change words and go back and try to cancel people who used to use the same words you did back then too.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:20 PM   #12
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I forgot who cause I don't keep track of all these YouTubers but they tried to cancel someone for using the word tranny even though it was back when everyone uses that word and on top of that, the original video was talking about Chris Crocker (LEAVE... BRITNEY.... ALONE!!!) who referred to herself as a tranny.

Sorry, you don't to change words and go back and try to cancel people who used to use the same words you did back then too.
That's an example of the gaslighting and word games played by evil people that I'm always making a brick wall stand against here on the forums, man.

The people who do that are disingenuous cowards who simply "hate". Disingenuous because they twist words/framing to appear truthful by POV or context.
Cowards because they can't address real issues head-on and be successful so they gaslight and lie about context instead.
Haters because that conduct is simply an outlet for their life-anger. Maybe from failed lives, from not having what they want, or whatever who knows.

And when you present them with an airtight description of how they are like what I said there, it would be so damning and so exemplified on them, they'll double down and do more of it. Resort to saying "you are a racist!" or "you are a woman-hater".

And if it's not a manipulation like I'm describing, then bare minimum it's their ego. "It's not possible for someone to not like who I am because I do no wrong therefore the answer is that person who hates me is a misogynist or a racist".

Either way I view all of that and your example in the quote as pathetic; and quite frankly the behavior is the first leg in the pool of actual evil.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:24 PM   #13
Sumac
Banned

SJW are fighting Nazis with methods of Nazis: retroactively changing rules.

It reminds how in Russia some companies are declared "Foreign Agents" and it should be mentioned every single time, when news talk about them. The thing is according to our courts and prosecutors they should be mentioned as "Foreign Agents" even in sources which existed before the whole law about "Foreign Agents" was created.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:31 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Can you answer me what a woman is?" "No, I can't."

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 03:29 AM   #15
AquaParade
Banned

There is no way they did this on purpose. You might as well believe the moon landing was faked.

But it probably will see the light of day in some form, probably thorough leakage.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 12:03 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

If this is ever leaked online someday I'd give it a watch just to see how it is. I think they were pretty much done besides sound mixing and some special effects?
Old 08-29-2022, 12:41 PM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If this is ever leaked online someday I'd give it a watch just to see how it is. I think they were pretty much done besides sound mixing and some special effects?
Sounds like no. Contrary to early reports they still had major shooting left to do and no post (including SFX) was completed whatsoever.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 06:35 PM   #18
Xav
Foot Elite

WB Could Still Release Batgirl Despite The Tax Write-Off

https://screenrant.com/batgirl-movie...ay-back-scoob/
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 03:00 AM   #19
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Some BTS photos have been released, Keaton's 89 Batmobile would have been used more

https://www.cbr.com/batgirl-images-m...mobile-return/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 10:56 AM   #20
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Some BTS photos have been released, Keaton's 89 Batmobile would have been used more

https://www.cbr.com/batgirl-images-m...mobile-return/
I couldn't believe that it was basically only a set piece model in the movie.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote