Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Extreme - Extreme
Night Songs - Cinderella
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 PM   #82
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Wow. Extreme is one of my favorite bands. 3 sides to every story being my favorite of their albums.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #83
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

I've only ever heard "Kid Ego," which I got off the 80s Rock 20th Century Masters CD. I bought the album out of faith that I'd like the rest of their stuff. Similarly, I've only heard three tracks off Cinderella's Night Songs. To me, that's the beauty of CDs -- old 80s glam metal CDs, anyway -- the element of surprise and discovery.

And of course, you can't beat the price: $0.99 for a brand-new, factory-sealed copy of Extreme.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:34 PM   #84
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

If you are a guitar fan, I'm sure you'll like it. Nuno Bettencourt is a mad man. Same goes for the track Kid Ego. They are ones of those bands where if you like one song on an album, you tend to like the rest.

Also check out their song "Get the funk out". It's one of everyone's favorites of theirs.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:28 AM   #85
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild OST
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:39 PM   #86
gobo
Wacky Action

Dans le courrier aujourd'hui:

BOBBY BROWN - RE-MIX BOX
Japan-exclusive collection of singles including alternate mixes of three of four of his good songs, and some other crap... I'm sure I would have spent way more on the ones I wanted if I bought them seperately, but , listening to them, I still feel a bit cheated.

DON'T BE CRUEL
Extended Version 6:53
Dub 5:34
A Cappella 3:22

MY PREROGATIVE
Extended Remix 8:04
Radio Edit 5:41
Instrumental 5:38
Dub 6:01

RONI
Extended Version 7:44
Radio Edit 5:27
Instrumental 6:41
Pebbarone Mix 5:19
Cussapella 3:06

EVERY LITTLE STEP
Extended Version 7:47
Uptown Mix 7:26
Instrumental 3:56

ON OUR OWN
Extended Club Version 6:27
Radio Edit 4:55
Instrumental 4:36

ROCK WIT'CHA
Extended Version 5:39
Instrumental 4:51
Suite 4:47

BOBBY BROWN INTERVIEW 3:45

Now, I'm off to track down Humpin' Around!

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #87
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I just got "Revolution Begins" The EP for the new Arch Enemy CD. It has two tracks off the CD on it I just got it for the artwork and the two bonus tracks that aren't on the CD.

I also ordered "Rise Of The Tyrant" their new CD that the EP is based off. I was hoping to get it early cause it came out Monday in Europe and I ordered it off a European site. I got the EP 3 days after I ordered it so I know it should get here fast.

I'm listening to it right now. I can't wait to hear the finial product. The promo is already great so I know the real deal will be nothing short of amazing.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:10 AM   #88
Barkworm
Super Moderator

I pre-ordered Down's "Over the Under". What I've heard from from it so far is excellent, Anselmo also sounds great.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:30 AM   #89
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that one too.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:09 PM   #90
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

HIM Venus Doom. And so far, it sounds like their heaviest album ever.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #91
Barkworm
Super Moderator

I got the new Down album. It's just as I expected it to be, great, heavy riffs, great vocals. Less bluesy than the last one though.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #92
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Just got my "Rise Of The Tyrant" in the mail. I ordered it from Finland I found out. Anyways it came with a DVD, which I watched already and it was awesome, a cool slipcover with way better artwork, and the booklet isn't made out of that coated paper that takes away from the artwork.

Whenever a band I loves comes out with a CD I go the extra mile to get the best version of the CD I can. I imported the last two Dark Tranquillity CDs as well. The first one I did it on I got two copies and one was signed by the whole band.

They don't usually sport more then a nifty cover and some bonus tracks, but I like to show I love the band so much I'll go the extra length to import it from wherever. Most people pirate CDs now and that sickens me. These guys work hard to make these songs, they more then deserve 10 dollars. I know they make most their money of their merch but still.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:49 PM   #93
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

I just got The Dethklok album, but I became aware that there is in fact a deluxe version of it with like a bunch of extra songs, so I may have to try and pawn this off on someone and get the better one.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:38 AM   #94
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
I just got The Dethklok album, but I became aware that there is in fact a deluxe version of it with like a bunch of extra songs, so I may have to try and pawn this off on someone and get the better one.
I heard the vocals on it don't sound the same as the show? Is that true? I was going to get it today but I passed to buy SKATE.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:15 AM   #95
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
To my knowledge, the Deluxe Edition disc only has five extra songs, two skits, and some CD-Rom content including the Bloodtrocuted Music Video, the first ep of Metalocalypse's second season, and that's all I know of. Being that I've been settling for a pirated copy while I impatiently wait for my preorder that isn't a preorder any longer, I only have the audio tracks. But, I plan to pick up the CD in town in a few hours. I'll be better able to tell you what, if anything, I left out then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
I heard the vocals on it don't sound the same as the show? Is that true?
That was just a first impression I had. If you ask me, the season two voices sound a bit off as well. I still stand by my opinion that it sounds more like an imitation of the show than the real deal, but it's nothing to worry about. I got used to it soon enough. It's still badass metal that doubles as silly comedy. Oh, and the voices Tommy Blacha provides (Murderface and Toki) are only on the Deluxe Edition disc.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:34 AM   #96
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

If it sounds different, there is a chance that they re-cut all the tracks for the CD.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #97
gobo
Wacky Action

They definitely did that. I just think Brendon Small (voice of the lead growler) did a somewhat loose interpretation of the character. It really sounded like it could be someone else doing an impersonation at a few points, but it wasn't. I'm sure it was just the pressure of directing a show AND trying to create a professional-sounding album at the same time that made the songs sound less perfect than on the show.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #98
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi heavenly6 View Post
If you are a guitar fan, I'm sure you'll like it. Nuno Bettencourt is a mad man. Same goes for the track Kid Ego. They are ones of those bands where if you like one song on an album, you tend to like the rest.
I dunno, I find Extreme really imbalanced. Kid Ego, Teacher's Pet, Smoke Signals, Flesh 'N Blood and (especially) Big Boys Don't Cry are gold, but the rest of the album I don't really care for.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:37 PM   #99
gobo
Wacky Action

Dethklok - The Dethalbum 2-CD Deluxe Edition

I preordered the damn thing, and it just came in today. Now, I'm returning it and cancelling the order because the ass-holes sent me a broken case 9 days after it was released. DeepDiscount really does suck now that they no longer specialize in DVDs.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #100
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Dethklok - The Dethalbum 2-CD Deluxe Edition

I preordered the damn thing, and it just came in today. Now, I'm returning it and cancelling the order because the ass-holes sent me a broken case 9 days after it was released. DeepDiscount really does suck now that they no longer specialize in DVDs.
I'd keep it things going for alot on ebay. It's rare