The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Mutanimals cartoon

Some people who were the Mutanimals in the Archie comics were bad guys in the 1987 cartoon. If they all ahd been good guys, it would maybe be a Mutanimals cartoon.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #22
Jon
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J 1982 View Post
Some people who were the Mutanimals in the Archie comics were bad guys in the 1987 cartoon. If they all ahd been good guys, it would maybe be a Mutanimals cartoon.

Well, yes. Ray (even though he had such a different appearence from Man Ray/Ray Fillet), Leatherhead and Wingnut & Screwloose in this case (for the toon versions of the Mutanimals characters being villains instead in Classic TMNT cartoon). With Mondo Gecko starting off as a villain, too. While Jagwar and Dreadmon were exclusive to Archie.
But I have also read about what Raph's Girl mentioned, and there apparently was going to be a Mighty Mutanimals cartoon series (but it ended up being scrapped).
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #23
Scandia
Mad Scientist

How do I wish that Archie had continued. It is my second fave TMNT version after 2k3.

Anyhow, I think Karai would have been introduced. And she would have probably been the head of the Foot. She may have had a different relationship with this Oroku Saki, but she would still be Karai and have her overall essence.

Don't think Dregg would have been there. I do not like him. TMNT jumped the shark with him.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:14 AM   #24
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Dregg and Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
How do I wish that Archie had continued. It is my second fave TMNT version after 2k3.

Anyhow, I think Karai would have been introduced. And she would have probably been the head of the Foot. She may have had a different relationship with this Oroku Saki, but she would still be Karai and have her overall essence.

Don't think Dregg would have been there. I do not like him. TMNT jumped the shark with him.
Dregg is more a cartoon character, so I don't think he would fit in Archie. Archie jumped the shark when Armaggon appeared (but I liked it)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 10:38 AM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Now that I think about it, the comic (since Forever War was never finished) kinda ended with Shredder stuck in the future right? I can kinda see him somehow finding a way to the present but now wearing the 2K3 armor and the 2K3 Foot Ninja. Maybe for more numbers, they can say the Purple Dragons were the ones running things in New York so Shredder takes them over and forces Hun to be his second in command. But yeah, they can totally explain the 2K3 armor as future armor, maybe include the Sword of Tengu as a futuristic weapon.

I don't know how they'd incorporate 2K3 Baxter though.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 10-19-2022 at 12:30 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 01:49 PM   #26
neatoman
Emperor

Hm... Well, I know the Archie Sonic comics started out as more or less a copy of the SatAM cartoon but kept introducing elements of the newer games as that cartoon became more of a thing of the past, even though it did create some oddities like trying to explain how humans in a 20th century style city could exist. So it's not hard to imagine the Archie TMNT comics doing something similar, and it's not quite as hard to imagine the world of those comics morphing into something more similar to the 4Kids cartoon.

Of course, aside from the first few issues directly using plots from the cartoon, the Archie series wasn't that similar to the Fred Wolf cartoon for very long. It's mostly just the fact that they were used to market the toyline that any similarity remained. So in this hypothetical 4Kids-esque continuation, I don't really imagine it doing much that wasn't in the toyline. So for example, Shredder would start to dress like Ch'rell but he wouldn't be an Utrom since he's literally just the same character as the Archie Shredder. Though it would likely mean Hun, Karai, Casey Jones, several named Triceratons, Drako, Fugitoid, Silver Sentry, Ultimate Ninja, Savanti Romero, Nobody and Quarry would all be characters at some point (or at least some of them). Which would still make it more similar to the 4Kids cartoon than the Fred Wolf cartoon.

Though I wonder if it would alter certain existing characters if possible? Like, would April reveal she has a masters' in software engineering and that the reporter thing was just a gig she kind of fell into, so she quits because it was never really her passion in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I don't know how they'd incorporate 2K3 Baxter though.
Oh that's easy, the white guy was an impostor who stole a MOUSER and tried to pass it off as his own creation, the real Baxter used them covertly as bank robbing tools.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 02:01 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

Like, would April reveal she has a masters' in software engineering and that the reporter thing was just a gig she kind of fell into, so she quits because it was never really her passion in the first place?

Oh that's easy, the white guy was an impostor who stole a MOUSER and tried to pass it off as his own creation, the real Baxter used them covertly as bank robbing tools.
That's a genius move for Baxter, especially since in the Archie comics he was barely in it and never mutated into a fly and all that. That's actually perfect.

As for April, I mean, to be honest her technical skills only mattered because she was introduced as Baxter's assistant. Without that angle they could just say she's good with computers which works well as her being a reporter, looking up articles and whatnot and then take a page from the 90's movie and say her dad owned the antique shop.

If they want to go full Archie style like they did with Sonic, they can have April suddenly style her hair red and just... look like her 2K3 self cause.... reasons... she did ditch the yellow jumpsuit early on in the series except for the odd story or so, so the idea of April wearing regular clothes wouldn't be a big deal.

And then maybe after a big storyline, have Cherubae turn Shredder into an Utrom, which one would assume would now be a harmless form, except he'd eventually come back with the 2K3 Shredder armor, since evil always finds a way to come back.

I'm thinking the remaining beats from the 80's show wouldn't matter too much since the Sonic comics also had Sonic Adventure characters running alongside Sally, Rotor, Bunnie and Antoine.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-19-2022, 02:12 PM   #28
oldmanwinters
Overlord

That time Dan Slott gave an interview about his work on Year of the Turtle and potential future ideas... and then actually registered for the Forums, commented a few times... and was never seen again.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57845
(Did he get out while the gettin' was good?)

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 02:15 PM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
That time Dan Slott gave an interview about his work on Year of the Turtle and potential future ideas... and then actually registered for the Forums, commented a few times... and was never seen again.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=57845
(Did he get out while the gettin' was good?)
He must have not run into Cybercubed.

Old 11-23-2022, 04:57 PM   #30
serpentnight
Random Punk

It was probably the right time to call it quits honestly but I would have liked to see a better executed conclusion to it.
serpentnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:14 PM   #31
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentnight View Post
It was probably the right time to call it quits honestly but I would have liked to see a better executed conclusion to it.
I know, but one can't help but wonder.

I mean with Sonic, they could have called it quits when they defeated Robotnik permanently and there was that period of no new Sonic games coming out after I believe Knuckle Chaotix and Sonic 3D Blast? Somehow they stayed afloat for years with made up villains until the Adventure games came out that gave them new material to work with.

The old show ended in 96 so that woulda been 7 years before the 2003 show. Hmmmm yeah, 7 would have been a long time for them to be facing Null and Chien Khan and any other made up villain until the new cartoon would come out to give more characters to work with.

Old 12-04-2022, 03:40 AM   #32
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
He must have not run into Cybercubed.
If it weren't Cubed, it'd have been me
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 04:18 PM   #33
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I know, but one can't help but wonder.

I mean with Sonic, they could have called it quits when they defeated Robotnik permanently and there was that period of no new Sonic games coming out after I believe Knuckle Chaotix and Sonic 3D Blast? Somehow they stayed afloat for years with made up villains until the Adventure games came out that gave them new material to work with.

The old show ended in 96 so that woulda been 7 years before the 2003 show. Hmmmm yeah, 7 would have been a long time for them to be facing Null and Chien Khan and any other made up villain until the new cartoon would come out to give more characters to work with.
Interesting to wonder if they would have relaunched numbering for new show tie-ins like Next Mutation or 4Kids or gone the Sonic route and just changed look of characters with convenient plot devices and retcons to match the new shows.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-05-2022, 10:10 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

If Archie held onto the TMNT license in general they probably would have ended the run and just rebooted it when the 2003 cartoon came out. Instead of the Dreamwave series, Archie would have just made a comic loosely based on the 2k3 cartoon, and then probably done its own thing as continuity would be hard to keep with the show as it went on.

I assume Murphy would have given the Archie series an ending even if continued after the Forever War, probably around 1998/1999 at the latest, as TMNT was pretty much dead by then and Next Mutation bombed, so there would be no reason for the Archie run to still be going.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:10 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If it had kept going there's a high likelihood they would have canned "Dean Clarrain" and brought in a new team. In fact, that's kind of what they had planned.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 11:47 AM   #36
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If it had kept going there's a high likelihood they would have canned "Dean Clarrain" and brought in a new team. In fact, that's kind of what they had planned.
Mirage might have pitched them “Cain Darren.”

View my sketch work!
Old 12-29-2022, 06:10 PM   #37
member_removed
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Was this with Dan Slott and Year of the Turtle? Would that have been the rebranding Archie would have done?

No, you take the ugly one!

I'll take the ugly one!

Which one's the ugly one?
member_removed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 09:21 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by member_removed View Post
Was this with Dan Slott and Year of the Turtle? Would that have been the rebranding Archie would have done?
Probably if it'd done well there would have been a new ongoing with a new #1, in the style of Year of the Turtle. That was almost undoubtedly the plan.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 09:42 PM   #39
AquaParade
Banned

Year of the turtle was actually kind of awesome.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 09:57 PM   #40
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I would loved if Slott got at least 2 or 3 more arcs in the Archie-verse, if for no other reason than to see where he would go with existing characters or introduce new ones that fit his stories.

View my sketch work!