The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-06-2021, 04:35 PM   #1
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

TODAY I FINALY GOT a new high end GPU!

AFTER SEVEN years with the same graphics card GTX 970 G1 GAMING it started dying so i got a new graphics card! My plan was to do it in 2020 howver with lockdowns and pc shortages that started at the end of 2020 due to very high sales of computers i didnt get it then. However since August this happend: PC started crashing and then i called my pc technician. He saw that 2 of the 3 fans of GTX 970 were burned so he ordered 3 new fans from a shop in China. To stop the card from overheating and reduce someshow the overheat i downclocked it with MSI afterburner. It stopped crashing and i temperature was reduced to 75C from 87C. Yesterday he finaly came with the new fans. After 3 motnhs of it working with just one fan and reduced clocks. So installed the fans the temperature while not gaming went down to 32 c from 49c and during gaming it went doen to 48c crom 75. However when i swithcied the clocks back to normal pc started crashing. I talked with him today and he said that this means that the card started dying due some damaged it got during these 3 months working and overheating. So i took the big decision today.....And even with the huge pc shortages and high prices that are caused from the pandemic and lockdowns i went to the biggest pc shop that was near me... They had only one card left a RX 6700XT which is one of the best graphics card avaliable. I got it and now i wait for my pc technciian to come and install it

Here i must say that i had already upgraded evrything else on the pc from 2014 until now:
Psu and Monitor in 2016
Cpu ram mohterboard and HDD in 2017
and a high end SSD in 2020
All was left to change was the graphics card.
Now pc is

I THE SHREDDER THE LEADER OF FOOT NINJAS KILL ALL THE ALIENS!!

MY MONSTER PC SPECS

CPU: RYZEN 7 1700
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200MHZCL15 GS KILL RIP JAWS
GPU:RX 6700XT 12 GB POWER COLOR
MONITOR: DELLP2416D 24'' 2560X1440 60 HZ IPS
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME X370 PRO
HDD1: WD BLACK 4 TB
HDD2: 1 TB
CASE: AEROCOOL 800
SSD: MP 600 2TB
PSU: CM 750M 750 WATT

Now iam ready for max settings 1440p 60 fps and ray tracing in all games even the most demanding ones!!!!
Old 11-06-2021, 05:09 PM   #2
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
CPU: RYZEN 7 1700
Bad decision for a gamer. Ryzen 9 or new intel qualifies
Quote:
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200MHZCL15 GS KILL RIP JAWS
Gskill is great, 16gb are another bad decision. 32gb min or bottle neck
Quote:
GPU:RX 6700XT 12 GB POWER COLOR
1k for a gpu but bottle neck cpu and ram? Does not make sense. Power color brings what kind of performance advantage again?
Quote:
MONITOR: DELLP2416D 24'' 2560X1440 60 HZ IPS
IPS is great, 2560x1440 is great, shredder just dealing with the teenie weenie eetzie beetzie screens the size of krang comunicator? Makes sense
Quote:
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME X370 PRO
Asus - the choice of those who have no idea or too much money to spend. Unless asus is holding a monopoly on something again but with ryzen 7 that cannot be the case
Quote:
HDD1: WD BLACK 4 TB
HDD2: 1 TB
Should have been SSD instead as system drive but secondary/etc drives as hdd are ok and WD is a good choice
Quote:
CASE: AEROCOOL 800
Huh? Who? It has side window and led lights all over I assume, so shredder armor is shining bright (shine bright like a diamond)?
Quote:
SSD: MP 600 2TB
Ah, there is the SSD. At least one quality product in here
Quote:
PSU: CM 750M 750 WATT
Makes me wonder why you didn't choose a cooler master case as well, but hey, at least one quality component - the SSD if you remember - should do the trick, you don't need anything else
Quote:
Now iam ready for max settings 1440p 60 fps and ray tracing in all games even the most demanding ones!!!!
Still running stuff at max settings in most games at 2560x1440 with an i7 4770, courtesy of 2013 with only gpu exchanged ever since, so...... huuummmm ..... what about the cpu cooler by the way? Boxed, mh? So monster

"Bad decisions have been made" - the turtles, at any time, looking at shredder and his gang

Last edited by Meow; 11-06-2021 at 05:32 PM.
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 08:17 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

That sounds so weak, it probably can't even run Pong.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 01:59 AM   #4
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Bad decision for a gamer. Ryzen 9 or new intel qualifies
Gskill is great, 16gb are another bad decision. 32gb min or bottle neck
1k for a gpu but bottle neck cpu and ram? Does not make sense. Power color brings what kind of performance advantage again?
IPS is great, 2560x1440 is great, shredder just dealing with the teenie weenie eetzie beetzie screens the size of krang comunicator? Makes sense
Asus - the choice of those who have no idea or too much money to spend. Unless asus is holding a monopoly on something again but with ryzen 7 that cannot be the case
Should have been SSD instead as system drive but secondary/etc drives as hdd are ok and WD is a good choice
Huh? Who? It has side window and led lights all over I assume, so shredder armor is shining bright (shine bright like a diamond)?
Ah, there is the SSD. At least one quality product in here
Makes me wonder why you didn't choose a cooler master case as well, but hey, at least one quality component - the SSD if you remember - should do the trick, you don't need anything else

Still running stuff at max settings in most games at 2560x1440 with an i7 4770, courtesy of 2013 with only gpu exchanged ever since, so...... huuummmm ..... what about the cpu cooler by the way? Boxed, mh? So monster

"Bad decisions have been made" - the turtles, at any time, looking at shredder and his gang
Cpu ram and motherboard are older because i got them in 2017 but it will be huge upgrade compared to the 2014 gtx 970 i had now. Evrythign will run maxed 1440p 60 fps for years.

The SSD MP 600 2TB was my previous upgrade in 2020 since then i install evrything there i dont use hdds since July 2020 that i got it! pc became 1000 times faster .
Old 11-07-2021, 02:57 AM   #5
Sumac
Banned

"Shrugs with his 970GTX".
Sufficient for emulators from NES to PS3.
And some Japanese fighting games.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 03:13 AM   #6
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I'm still running a 980 Ti. I'm excited to upgrade though, hopefully in 2022.
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 07:20 AM   #7
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
That sounds so weak, it probably can't even run Pong.
You freak! You turtles have 20+ years old pc and you live on the sewers like rats! Now you are jealous that i one of the most powerful men on the universe and your worst enemy did a huge upgrade for my pc! Because you know you will never be able to get such a powerful pc like mine! It will become even more powerful when soon i wil mutate it with mutagen ! Now you see that not only iam the best ninja and 1000 times more powerful than you and the rest of the turtles but also that my pc is a monster that only someone like me can get!
Old 11-07-2021, 09:54 AM   #8
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You freak! You turtles have 20+ years old pc and you live on the sewers like rats! Now you are jealous that i one of the most powerful men on the universe and your worst enemy did a huge upgrade for my pc! Because you know you will never be able to get such a powerful pc like mine! It will become even more powerful when soon i wil mutate it with mutagen ! Now you see that not only iam the best ninja and 1000 times more powerful than you and the rest of the turtles but also that my pc is a monster that only someone like me can get!
Hey shred-head! Rip the tin foil off of ya head! Look at the technodrome and you'll see krang's been selling you arse-old tech not even Donnie stores in his nostalgia lab. *Throws a sai to knock that tin foil down*
Old 11-08-2021, 06:38 AM   #9
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Here some screenshots of my monster mutant PC that i took on Tuesday when my Foot Techncian came and opened it to take the GTX 970 and some on Saturday when i bought the monster RX 6700 XT. The Foot Technician will come again tomorow to install it on the PC!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211104_092754.jpg (98.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20211104_092838.jpg (93.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20211104_092903.jpg (91.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20211108_145956.jpg (91.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-08-2021, 08:56 AM   #10
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Here some screenshots
Ha! Love the pics with shredder
Old 11-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #11
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

the best pics are the ones with me!
Old 11-11-2021, 07:48 AM   #12
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

The Foot Techncian came on Tuesday and installed the card! After many test have done i can say it is A MONSTER! It runs evrything at Max settings /Ultra 2560x1440 60 fps but without ray tracing. With ray tracing enabled the only games it can run max graphics and max ray tracing 1440p 60 fps(from the oens ihave now installed) are DOOM ETERNAL and Resident Evil Village. Guardiands of the Galaxy which is the game i play at this time, runs maxed 1440p 75 fps average(without ray tracing) while with Ultra ray tracing it goes down to 35 fps with very high ray tracing 50 fps and 55 with hgih ray tracing . However what i see is that even with max ray tracing and max graphics at 2560x1440 all games are above 30 fps so they are playble. Ahuge upgrade from GTX 970!
Old 11-11-2021, 02:48 PM   #13
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Ahuge upgrade from GTX 970!
Yes, absolutely agree. A huge upgrade and improvement. However for your next system make sure you turtle-focus on your hardware composition to match performance entirely so it lasts. In example right now you could take that gpu and put it into a system that is as performat as your video card is to elimante the bottle necks and road bumps that lie ahead in a near future.

In any way it's good to see the shredder happy without hunting turtles or rats. Maybe we turtles will sit at the same dinner table one day, enjoying what we all like. Greetings to the foot and tatsu.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:15 AM   #14
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Here are 3 new screenshots i took today from my monster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220126_174952.jpg (92.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20220126_175013.jpg (91.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20220126_175051.jpg (93.6 KB, 5 views)