The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
johnboy3434
Mouser

Non-music edits to the Next Mutation DVDs from Shout!

We all know the music situation with TNM. However, reading through the old threads, I noticed that one poster reported a brief scene missing from "East Meets West, Part 1" on the Shout! DVD release. It was during Shredder's meeting with the foot soldiers. Also, another poster reported that the stock shot that featured a Batman & Robin poster behind the NYPD station was removed wherever it appeared, but didn't say if it was replaced with another stock shot.

Are these the only non-music edits to the DVDs, and were the "B&R" shots replaced with anything?
johnboy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
sdp
-

I'd be interested in a list of edits as well, including music.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #3
johnboy3434
Mouser

Nobody? I know it's the red-headed stepchild of the franchise, but I figured someone here would be obsessed enough to know this off the top of his head.
johnboy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:42 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Someday I still do want to do a reedit of some NT:TNM episodes to see if there's a viable "Big Fourth TMNT Live Action Movie" in all of that. Scrubbing and replacing all spoken dialogue and recoloring a lot of it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:01 AM   #5
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Someday I still do want to do a reedit of some NT:TNM episodes to see if there's a viable "Big Fourth TMNT Live Action Movie" in all of that. Scrubbing and replacing all spoken dialogue and recoloring a lot of it.
I'd get behind that. The removal of the cheesy sound effects along with the stupid comments when fighting ("Bada-boom", etc) alone would increase watchability by at least 20%
Old 04-26-2014, 08:45 AM   #6
electric_sheep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
I'd get behind that. The removal of the cheesy sound effects along with the stupid comments when fighting ("Bada-boom", etc) alone would increase watchability by at least 20%
I sugested this in the NM thread some user called me and idot and said that it's good as it is...
But you will need to replace all the voices to.
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
Desslok
Hench Mutant

If you were to do such a thing I'd be available for voice over recording, it's one of my favorite pastimes.

Watch Episodes | Latest Updates | More Fun
Desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #8
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
We should totally do this. I have been wanting for years to create a worthwhile story using the visuals of that show; I refuse to believe that we cannot get something good out of it. I personally like the design of the suits and the fact that they reused the lair from the previous two movies.

We would definitely need to replace all audio. Write a new script (limited to the visuals we have from the show, so no TMNT vs Shredder for example)

I can help with video editing and sound effects. Also I went through the whole season (fast forwarding) a few years ago so I have an idea of what type of scenes the show has and what it doesn't. We could also get creative and add scenes from other similar-looking (read: cheap) TV shows from the time, for establishing shots and maybe human characters, etc.

One thing to get into consideration is that the script cannot be too serious or dark. Even if we replace all the audio, the turtles' actors always make this exaggerated hand and body gestures that don't lend themselves to a serious show. So we would still need some degree of cheese.

Lastly but not least important is that not all costumers are the same. Donatello seems to have the best facial expressions, while Mike is definitely the worst. So the less speaking parts for Mike there are, the better.

Splinter is even worse so it would be best to pretend he had died already by that point.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
sdp
-

Someone already did that years ago, it was on youtube, they took East meets West and edited out all the sound effects and some bad dialog and it was almost excellent, except it was one of those "Venus sucks" fans so they edited a bunch of Venus' scenes that he shouldn't have and because of that Venus seemed tacked on even more and a worse edit because of it. There was another short video also on youtube but not a full episode where the sounds were taken out and it made a huge difference as well. And no you probably can't make "one movie' from the whole season, it'd be way too difficult to come up with something coherent, but if someone had the time to make something coherent I guess it could work removing the sound effects makes a huge difference though.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #10
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Someone already did that years ago, it was on youtube, they took East meets West and edited out all the sound effects and some bad dialog and it was almost excellent, except it was one of those "Venus sucks" fans so they edited a bunch of Venus' scenes that he shouldn't have and because of that Venus seemed tacked on even more and a worse edit because of it. There was another short video also on youtube but not a full episode where the sounds were taken out and it made a huge difference as well. And no you probably can't make "one movie' from the whole season, it'd be way too difficult to come up with something coherent, but if someone had the time to make something coherent I guess it could work removing the sound effects makes a huge difference though.
That was me. I had two episodes: East Meets West and Unchain My Heart. Originally multi-part episodes, they each became a single episode of 20 minutes after all the cuts. I was going to link the videos in this post but I just found out that youtube deleted them. Oh well.

Here's the experiments with 2k3 audio:

Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #11
electric_sheep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
That was me. I had two episodes: East Meets West and Unchain My Heart. Originally multi-part episodes, they each became a single episode of 20 minutes after all the cuts. I was going to link the videos in this post but I just found out that youtube deleted them. Oh well.

Here's the experiments with 2k3 audio:

Holly crap, it only made it worse. It makes the crappy costumes and silly tone so much moer jarring...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:51 PM   #12
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

They weren't that bad. The second one was the best. Definitely improved from the way it was.
You should re upload them.