The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-13-2021, 03:43 PM   #241
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since this is not going to make much money I really don't get why they don't just put it out already to get it over with.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:16 PM   #242
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Behind the scenes

Nick: "Hey, NECA, you wanna make figures for this movie and release them simultaneously?"

NECA:

Nick: "NECA? Okay, we'll wait till you get back to us on that."

Spoiler:
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:07 PM   #243
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Are we ever going to get a trailer for this thing? Or did it get cannceled over all because of horrible it did?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:21 PM   #244
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, it's weird. Maybe when they went into initial production on this, they didn't plan on the series being cancelled so early on, because it makes less sense to release it when the show is long gone.

I mean, how long could it take though? I imagined it was essentially just a long episode, but maybe they put some work in.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 01:16 PM   #245
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The Loud House movie that was originally announced alongside this one and has been in the "worth the wait" list now finally has a date (Aug 20), so what is even going on with this other one.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:43 AM   #246
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

At this rate, many people who watched this show aren't even going to care about this movie anymore. Maybe even some of the diehard fans. With how much time has passed since the show has ended and how unsuccessful it was, they don't have much to lose by releasing it now.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:25 AM   #247
CyberCubed
Overlord

Where is the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!111111111111 1111!!!!!!!!![

WHERE IS IT!?????????????????????????????????????????????

The mOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVIIEIEIEIEEEE111 1111!!111
Old 07-28-2021, 10:49 AM   #248
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Where is the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!111111111111 1111!!!!!!!!![

WHERE IS IT!?????????????????????????????????????????????

The mOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVIIEIEIEIEEEE111 1111!!111
Uh oh, I think Cubed accidentally put himself in .05x speed.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #249
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Uh oh, I think Cubed accidentally put himself in .05x speed.

Maybe they put Kyle Massey's bit part character in it and are trying to remove it last minute, after, you know, that arrest warrant. I'm kidding of course, but still sitting on it at this point, it might as well be.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:58 PM   #250
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

It must be coming to around a year since the placeholder card was on Netflix
Old 07-28-2021, 08:34 PM   #251
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Netflix is probably looking to just dump it one week where they don't have many releases and drop it then. They likely don't care since it's a movie that is a sequel to a show that not only failed and no one saw but they don't even own the streaming rights to it so they can't air it either and promote the movie as the ending to the show, they just have this movie that continues adventures of a show in a rival streaming platform. It's already way too late to ride off any marketing wave the show had so it's irrelevant to them to upload it today or in 3 months, might as well wait to when they have have a gap of releases to feel the schedule.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 06:57 PM   #252
CyberCubed
Overlord

It just doesn't make sense why they don't just dump it on there now since they already paid for it. The longer they wait the even less likely people will view it.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:47 PM   #253
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

It's now been a whole year since this show ended and there's still no release date for this movie.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 06:49 PM   #254
Leo656
The Franchise

It is kinda weird. I mean, nobody wants it but they did still pay to make it. One would think they'd just dump it already and at least make something back on it. What are they waiting for? Nostalgia to kick in on a show that's three years old and most people didn't like in the first place?

Just put it out already so everyone can get on with their lives. It was never gonna do any real business but with every day that passes fewer people will care.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 07:24 PM   #255
Roseangelo
Emperor

Not sure what the full details are with the Nickelodeon+Netflix deal, but it almost feels like Nick is holding back the Rise movie so that the deal expires and they can put it on Paramount+. But I don't know if they are obligated to deliver the Rise movie to Netflix or not.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 07:46 PM   #256
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It sounds like Netflix dollars have exchanged hands so I don't know if this is something that can expire.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:02 PM   #257
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It sounds like Netflix dollars have exchanged hands so I don't know if this is something that can expire.
The money has changed hands, but it was described as a "Multi-Year Output" deal. So it feels like they are obligated to release through Netflix for X number of years. But once that expires, they can probably do what they want.

So maybe they release their obligated content the last month of the deal and then a month later it's on Paramount+.

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/ne...ound-the-world
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:30 PM   #258
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I got a quick rundown of how rights worked for HBO Max at work, rights are sold in many different ways and because of it it's difficult for someone to keep the rights for everything for a long time if they had already made prior deals. From what I understand Netflix helped fund this so it's theirs unless Paramount makes some type of deal which I doubt they would, but yeah it should remain on netflix since they funded it. Counting how much trouble Warner Media had with HBO Max I'm guessing that Paramount is worried about many other things regarding Paramount+ than the movie of a failed series. I seriously doubt paramount+ is going to exist in its current form in the next 3 years, if I were to take a wild guess I'd assume eventually Paramount makes a bigger deal with Netflix when they eventually get rid of Paramount+.

Don't forget Netflix is still doing stuff with viacom properties like the new Avatar live action show, despite that Paramount+ got an "Avatar Studios" for avatar shows for Paramount+. As I posted previously I think it's more Netflix knowing it's crap and that the time window had already passed so it's the same for them to release it today or in 4 months, so might as well as wait for a time when they have less content to bring out but things are a lot more complicated than that, I don't fully understand it since it's not my area.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:03 AM   #259
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Netflix is very inconsistent about dating things. Some titles are given release dates 6+ months in advance while some aren't until a month before release.

This isn't a big release for Netflix so it's likely going to be given a release date 1-2 months in advance. They're also spreading content out as much as they can over the year since production on a lot of things was impacted from covid.

It's still coming to Netflix though. They've officially said it'll be released in 2021 twice this year so no reason to think that has changed. We still have over 4 months left for it to be released.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 05:10 PM   #260
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Netflix also said they were dropping movies once a week, so this may be a stealth release.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote