The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-29-2018, 03:18 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Cloverfield 4

http://www.slashfilm.com/cloverfield-4/

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/clove...nished-filming

"On the eve of D-Day, American paratroopers are dropped behind enemy lines to carry out a mission crucial to the invasion’s success. But as they approach their target, they begin to realize there is more going on in this Nazi-occupied village than a simple military operation. They find themselves fighting against supernatural forces, part of a Nazi experiment."

Eh...
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:32 PM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
http://www.slashfilm.com/cloverfield-4/

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/clove...nished-filming

"On the eve of D-Day, American paratroopers are dropped behind enemy lines to carry out a mission crucial to the invasion’s success. But as they approach their target, they begin to realize there is more going on in this Nazi-occupied village than a simple military operation. They find themselves fighting against supernatural forces, part of a Nazi experiment."

Eh...
Somebody already made Hellboy, JJ...
Old 01-29-2018, 03:52 PM   #3
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Figured Overlord would end up being a Cloverfield movie. I wonder what the budget was and if Paramount and Netflix are working on a deal for this one too.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:06 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Figured Overlord would end up being a Cloverfield movie. I wonder what the budget was and if Paramount and Netflix are working on a deal for this one too.
Probably was a package deal with Station when Netflix got Station.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
Allio
Foot Elite

Just **** my sh!t up Tagruato
Old 02-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Still going to theaters:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/fourth-c...ng-to-cinemas/

It's probably not too late to undo any Cloverfield connection in it, if they decide they want to sidestep the embarrassment of "Paradox."
Old 02-07-2018, 01:49 PM   #7
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I honestly feel like there's not that much of a demand for Cloverfield films unless the monster is destroying sh*t, so in order to please the fans that dont care, they're going down the Hellraiser sequel route where they're taking already written scripts and turning them into new projects.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:53 PM   #8
sdp
Megan Fox = April

There is no demand for a Cloverfield monster movie, that's the reason the planned Cloverfield 2 never happened and it took 8 years before JJ sneaked Cloverfield back into the public eye with 10 Lane. Now by making it this type of anthology it's piquing the curiosity of many and getting them interested in the franchise again.

Paramount had no idea how to market this film and was afraid it would take a loss instead it sold it to Netflix who knows their audience so they knew it was profitable so a win/win.

I do think we'll get an eventual Cloverfield monster film but it'll be thanks to these unrelated films. The way I see it both 10 Lane and Paradox are better films than Cloverfield and both films would be better without the Cloverfield references so if anything Cloverfield owes these two movies in keeping the interest alive, then again those two films were likely more marketable thanks to the Cloverfield name so it evens out. Cloverfield is just a bad movie.

I just hope they keep it all in one timeline, so far I think it still makes sense in one timeline but this one might be the one that breaks it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #9
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Some news from JJ at CinemaCon:

- Overlord is not a Cloverfield movie

- Abrams announced a new “truly dedicated Cloverfield sequel” is being developed now for theaters
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:56 AM   #10
KillCrites
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Some news from JJ at CinemaCon:

- Overlord is not a Cloverfield movie

- Abrams announced a new “truly dedicated Cloverfield sequel” is being developed now for theaters
I'm interpreting that as they're making a movie created specifically for the Cloverfield universe from start to finish and not a random script they turned into a Cloverfield movie, which has me really excited.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:45 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillCrites View Post
I'm interpreting that as they're making a movie created specifically for the Cloverfield universe from start to finish and not a random script they turned into a Cloverfield movie, which has me really excited.
They know they have to do serious damage control to the "brand" after Paradox.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #12
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Cloverfield has and will never be any good, it should be an anthology series with small stupid hints to make our imaginations think the Cloverfield universe is more interesting than it really is. I mean the only great Cloverfield movie is the second one and its relationship with Cloverfield is null.

I like 1 and 3 for what they are but I don't need a "proper" cloverfield movie
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote