The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-17-2022, 09:41 AM   #2142
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Joss Whedon hits back at Ray Fisher and Gal Gadot

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-j...fisher-claims/

I am sure the Snyder Cult has their pitchforks and torches ready same for the Ray Fisher fans
Old 01-17-2022, 09:56 AM   #2143
Sumac
Banned

As they say in Russia, when two unlikable parties fighting each other: "A toad fought a viper".
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:33 AM   #2144
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I don’t believe him at all. At the end of the interview in that magazine, he says that he is one of the nicest show-runners. All of the actors who have talked about the way he behaved do make him sound nice at all. Also, what kind of a nice man would say that he wants my sister-in-law’s former boss, Paul Ryan, to be raped to death by a rhinoceros.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 01-17-2022 at 12:46 PM.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:36 AM   #2145
AquaParade
Banned

I think the guy clearly has issues but probably zero of them have to do with Ray Fisher, other then him being a stern director and cutting the guy’s role.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:43 AM   #2146
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

His typical "I'm a liberal mad as hell and I want to scream to the world about Trump!" tweets in his personal time aside, I don't know that Joss did one thing wrong in the production process.

You don't have to listen to actors as a director and you don't have to humor their notes. Like, at all. Also, actors have 0 say in the editing, color correction, or SFX process whatsoever. Period.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:56 AM   #2147
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I missed the rumor that Snyder put Fisher up to his accusations against Whedon. It's probably still BS but that is the first thing that makes a little bit of sense to me about Fisher/Whedon stuff. It was weeks and weeks of Fisher accusing Whedon of very vague and non-descript things.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:07 PM   #2148
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The things that Whedon's ex-wife wrote about him also make Whedon sound like a very nasty human being. Whedon is also very close with Mark Ruffalo, who has publicly behaved like a barbaric pig for several years. Ruffalo constantly stands up for liberal people who have been abused, but he never defended Whedon or spoke about his behavior. Sarah Michelle Gellar did the right thing by saying she can no longer associate herself with Whedon after the way he allegedly behaved towards her Buffy co-stars and crew members.

ETA: What Whedon said just about Gadot about English not being her first language might come across as xenophobic IMO.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 01-17-2022 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:15 PM   #2149
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I am just glad I blocked Ray Fisher on twitter a while ago so I won't have to see his whiny posts being shared on my feed by people regarding this article
Old 01-17-2022, 12:20 PM   #2150
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
ETA: What Whedon said just about Gadot about English not being her first language might come across as xenophobic IMO.
Yeah, to morons. If English isn't her first language and you note that, that's just stating a fact.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:50 PM   #2151
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The people running Whedon's fan website clearly couldn't continue running it after not only what his ex-wife had written about him, but after everything else that has been alleged about him. They did the right thing.
Old 01-17-2022, 02:01 PM   #2152
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
And people who take this position might come across as vipers or bottom-feeders looking to deepen the situation for Whedon through gaslighting his statement.

I'm not saying that you are that way. I'm just saying that you might come across that way to some people with this position.

Too many people flock to align themselves against an accused nowadays. It's a psychosis. Especially when it's clear that the accuser is oddly focused and has an axe to grind beyond the totality of the situation, like Ray Fisher. We have people like that here on the forums as well. It's a psychosis.

My experience with this is that the stalwart accuser tends to have some kind of life-failure, life-anger, or Narcisistic-public-pride problem that makes them double down on someone at all costs for the win. Most reasonable people see this and discredit the extreme-accuser, while people with the same tendencies as the accuser rally behind them and it's usually a silently-self-serving rallying.

It seems to me that Ray Fisher was flinging mud in as damning a fashion as possible and that the truth is that Whedon is a fringe-catalyst person. The kind of guy that riles up people like Fisher but isn't actually a bad guy.

Last edited by IMJ; 01-17-2022 at 02:08 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:51 PM   #2153
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
And people who take this position might come across as vipers or bottom-feeders looking to deepen the situation for Whedon through gaslighting his statement.

I'm not saying that you are that way. I'm just saying that you might come across that way to some people with this position.

Too many people flock to align themselves against an accused nowadays. It's a psychosis. Especially when it's clear that the accuser is oddly focused and has an axe to grind beyond the totality of the situation, like Ray Fisher. We have people like that here on the forums as well. It's a psychosis.

My experience with this is that the stalwart accuser tends to have some kind of life-failure, life-anger, or Narcisistic-public-pride problem that makes them double down on someone at all costs for the win. Most reasonable people see this and discredit the extreme-accuser, while people with the same tendencies as the accuser rally behind them and it's usually a silently-self-serving rallying.

It seems to me that Ray Fisher was flinging mud in as damning a fashion as possible and that the truth is that Whedon is a fringe-catalyst person. The kind of guy that riles up people like Fisher but isn't actually a bad guy.
I am not saying Fisher is an angel, but ever since Whedon wished my sister-in-law's former boss be raped to death by an animal I have zero respect for him. He issued no apology whatsoever for writing that. The same year he also poked fun at teenage cancer survivors who were visiting Paul Ryan. None of what I described sounds defendable. Everything these actors and writers have said about him doesn't surprise me at all. Writers who worked on shows that Whedon was in charge of said that he enjoyed making people cry and bragged about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Molina
“Casually cruel” is a perfect way of describing Joss. He thought being mean was funny. Making female writers cry during a notes session was especially hysterical. He actually liked to boast about the time he made one writer cry twice in one meeting.”
https://deadline.com/2021/02/more-sp...on-1234693460/

I believe Gadot when she said, "I understood perfectly" after the way Whedon responded to her allegation. I think it's time I take a break from this forum.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:14 AM   #2154
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
https://deadline.com/2021/02/more-sp...on-1234693460/

I believe Gadot when she said, "I understood perfectly" after the way Whedon responded to her allegation. I think it's time I take a break from this forum.
Yet we don't have the quotes of what was said. Or do we? I haven't seen any actual quotes of this supposed threatening of her career. It seems like the general groupthink is that he said something like "you better do what I say, or you'll never work in this town again!" But I suspect the reality might be closer to something like, "You know, if you don't aim to get blacklisted by other directors in the future when you work with them... they don't like actors or actresses giving a lot of notes about X or X." Because that's actually helpful. And absolutely true.

I mean, I get it. She should be naturally protective of Snyder (who plucked her from obscurity and Vin Diesel movies and made her a star) and here comes this guy after Snyder was forced out, redoing stuff she rightfully felt was already shot and shot better, barking orders. She'd be on the defensive.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-18-2022 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-18-2022, 04:38 AM   #2155
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yet we don't have the quotes of what was said. Or do we? I haven't seen any actual quotes of this supposed threatening of her career. It seems like the general groupthink is that he said something like "you better do what I say, or you'll never work in this town again!" But I suspect the reality might be closer to something like, "You know, if you don't aim to get blacklisted by other directors in the future when you work with them... they don't like actors or actresses giving a lot of notes about X or X." Because that's actually helpful. And absolutely true.

I mean, I get it. She should be naturally protective of Snyder (who plucked her from obscurity and Vin Diesel movies and made her a star) and here comes this guy after Snyder was forced out, redoing stuff she rightfully felt was already shot and shot better, barking orders. She'd be on the defensive.
There are some directors out there who are very open when it comes to directing movies, And most of the time stuff gets improvised, But then you have directors like him who likes sticking to the script and don't like when things go off script, because to there minds, what was written is good enough to be in the movie regardless if other people think its bad.

He developed this ego due to how successful Avengers movie was, He thinks he's hot stuff now, and starts treating others around him like **** if they don't follow what's on the script, Because to his head whatever he's wrote is gonna be good.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:53 AM   #2156
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
There are some directors out there who are very open when it comes to directing movies, And most of the time stuff gets improvised, But then you have directors like him who likes sticking to the script and don't like when things go off script, because to there minds, what was written is good enough to be in the movie regardless if other people think its bad.
No, you're dead wrong. And it isn't about "sticking to the script." There is a specific protocol on a set. You don't go up to the director if you're an actor with a bunch of ideas and notes unless they're asking you for it. You just don't. You're breaking protocol if you do that. At best, you can go to the AD with some thoughts and if the AD decides it's worth bringing to the director, they will, but they may not. If an actor said directly to the director here in one of the films going on here in Seattle mid-film, "Hey, how about we do it this way, or if I said this instead?" they'd get yelled or laughed off the set. Probably both.

Now, are there directors out there who don't follow set protocol religiously, and just allow whatever with actors? Sure. But these are exceptions to a rule that's been around for decades.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:00 PM   #2157
Leo656
The Franchise

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joss-whed...234917575.html

When you're defending a guy who claims he "had to" have multiple affairs and abuse his power over his female staff in order to do so, with his excuse being "They were just SO hot, man... If so didn't f*ck them I'd regret it forever!", you've officially lost the position.

Also, he's been repeatedly accused of sexually harassing a 16-year old girl under his charge. To which he can only claim "I don't remember that."

He's not a good person. Defend trash people if you must. There's zero evidence that he's a good guy, though, the JL movie notwithstanding. That was One Incident of many.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 10:11 PM   #2158
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/joss-whed...234917575.html

When you're defending a guy who claims he "had to" have multiple affairs and abuse his power over his female staff in order to do so, with his excuse being "They were just SO hot, man... If so didn't f*ck them I'd regret it forever!", you've officially lost the position.

Also, he's been repeatedly accused of sexually harassing a 16-year old girl under his charge. To which he can only claim "I don't remember that."

He's not a good person. Defend trash people if you must. There's zero evidence that he's a good guy, though, the JL movie notwithstanding. That was One Incident of many.
Oh, I'm not saying he's not a scummy guy. I'm saying in this one instance -- of him basically shrugging off notes and suggestions from actors -- he was absolutely within his rights as director. Honestly it's more weird in general if he had humored them than if he didn't. This notion that, "It doesn't matter, he's a sh**bag so he was in the wrong with that regardless!" is silly. Protocols are protocols, and don't just go out the window because a guy had some affairs or something previously.

Though now James Gunn has to explain/apologize for liking a post by Alan Tudyk that defended Whedon:

https://screenrant.com/james-gunn-al...CYDdPu5p_wDl54
Old 02-20-2022, 09:03 AM   #2159
ZariusTwo
Overlord

RIP David Brenner, editor of both Batman v Superman and the Snyder Cut

https://deadline.com/2022/02/david-b...or-1234956799/
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 08:35 PM   #2160
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Turns out Snyder hired a firm that specializes in throwing out bots to make noise on social networking and did so to pressure WB to let him do his cut:

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movi...-fans-1384231/