The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 05-10-2022, 01:32 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

End Of The Spider-Verse

Quote:
Dan Slott will return to the Spider-Verse this summer with a new five-issue anthology miniseries introducing wild new multiversal variants on Spider-Man — but don’t get too attached! August’s new Edge of Spider-Verse is all in preparation for what Slott and Marvel are billing as the final Spider-Verse story: End of the Spider-Verse, coming later in 2022.

“Marvel has decided to do the unthinkable, go big, and bring the saga of the comic book Spider-Verse to a fiery conclusion,” Slott told Polygon via email. “Yes, that’s right. Later this year we shall all bear witness to THE END OF THE SPIDER-VERSE!”

Of course, few things ever truly end in the never-ending world of superhero comics, but pretending like they will is half the fun. “If you ask me, it’s madness,” Slott waxed enthusiastic. “Why would they do this? WHY? They could’ve milked this spider-cash-cow for decades. That said, if you are going to do it, going all-out in a blaze of glory is definitely the way to go!”

But before the end of the Spider-Verse will come a new Edge of Spider-Verse, a spiritual sequel to the 2014 anthology of the same name that tied in to the original Spider-Verse crossover, expanding on the backstories of different Spider-Persons from alternate universes. Hitting shelves in August, the new Edge of Spider-Verse is an opportunity for various creators to add new characters to Spider-Man’s multiverse in the same way that now famous characters like Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider, Peni Parker, and Spider-Man Noir were introduced.
https://www.polygon.com/23064214/mar...-end-dan-slott

Looks like they're finally addressing the 'too many spiders' complaint

On the other hand...eww, Slott again.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 06:43 PM   #2
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
https://www.polygon.com/23064214/mar...-end-dan-slott

On the other hand...eww, Slott again.
Ah, yes. Let's get rid of potentially fun characters and ideas! Just in time to usher in more ideology driven nonsense, and shock value trash! Yay!

superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:26 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Ah, yes. Let's get rid of potentially fun characters and ideas! Just in time to usher in more ideology driven nonsense, and shock value trash! Yay!

It's such a shame Marvel go down a more cynical, heartless approach to their comics instead of something that can touch you emotionally and help you through a journey the way the best of the movies can.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:45 AM   #4
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It's such a shame Marvel go down a more cynical, heartless approach to their comics instead of something that can touch you emotionally and help you through a journey the way the best of the movies can.
Yeah, I agree. I think even the MCU movies have gone down that same cynical, heartless path. It just isn't obvious to a lot of people for some reason.

I'll still pick up something interesting if it piques my interest in some way, even from DC or Marvel. But it's become more rare for me. I have a passion for the medium, believe it or not. It's just exceedingly tougher to find something that isn't basically poorly written trash or turns into it after a time.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:47 PM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Well, I tend to just commission my own comics these days to fill the void. I know someone with good rates.

https://www.deviantart.com/zaredit/g...sary-web-comic
Old 05-12-2022, 05:18 PM   #6
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well, I tend to just commission my own comics these days to fill the void. I know someone with good rates.

https://www.deviantart.com/zaredit/g...sary-web-comic
I write my own stories.

Sigh.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:32 AM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I write my own stories.

Sigh.
Sorry 'bout shilling myself, like Mr. Hayes says, "noone's gonna promote you but you"

I'm sure you're pretty good. Do you publish them online or do you keep them private?
Old 05-13-2022, 08:43 AM   #8
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Do you publish them online or do you keep them private?
Heh. Both...

I'm kind of embarrassed to talk about it here. Even though most of them are action/adventure comic book-esque type stuff, most of is fanfiction or original works that are basically emulating stuff I enjoy. I even have a TMNT on-going thing re-telling the origins, and doing my own version of the story. But no, I won't share these things because I might die.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:50 AM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Heh. Both...

I'm kind of embarrassed to talk about it here. Even though most of them are action/adventure comic book-esque type stuff, most of is fanfiction or original works that are basically emulating stuff I enjoy. I even have a TMNT on-going thing re-telling the origins, and doing my own version of the story. But no, I won't share these things because I might die.
Is that the one where all the Turtles (including Jennika and Venus) all take turns on April while Splinter and Shredder watch? That was hot stuff Superstaff.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:52 AM   #10
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Is that the one where all the Turtles (including Jennika and Venus) all take turns on April while Splinter and Shredder watch? That was hot stuff Superstaff.
Well. My version doesn't have Jennika and Venus.
Old 07-25-2022, 04:39 PM   #11
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Honestly it became “too many” the moment Spider-Woman made her first appearance in 1977.