The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-25-2019, 02:11 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

As a straight man, I've honestly never thought of the possibility of using the "holding a door open for a woman" as an excuse or tactic to check some ass. I also don't go out of my way to stare at good looking women in public. If one happens to walk into my field of vision, I'll look at her for a few seconds and then resume what I was doing. But turning my head around to check her out? Hell no. I'm not a thirsty creep. Plus, I got stuff to do and places to go to.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 03:40 PM   #22
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I would assume that it is still common courtesy to hold the door open for anyone, regardless of gender, the current year, whatnot. Because, it is still common courtesy.

Also, I like it when people do hold the door for me.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 02:23 PM   #23
TommyT
Banned

This is a thread? What’s to discuss? I’ve never been given **** for holding a door in the real world. Not even pinkhairs have taken issue. I have, alternatively been given **** for not holding the door, as a kid, by my mother.

The fat freak in the op’s post, is a Russian trollbot, and obviously stirred the pot.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 02:26 PM   #24
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Hell, I'm a woman and I hold the door open for people! Usually if they're right behind me (and with that, are in a big group and/or older people); it's just more convenient for everyone that way.

It just came to be a courtesy that if they were a certain distance behind me, it just felt less rude than getting ahead of them and having a door shut in their face as soon as they got to it.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:29 AM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Interesting topic. I live in a smaller town so it's kinda courtesy. Plus I noticeably open the door to anyone, guy or girl, attractive or not, older folks or people with their hands full, so it's not flat out noticeable I'm purposely only doing that for attractive ladies.

I tend not to stare because most of the times the women turn to face me to thank me, so that would be hella awkward to be caught trying to take a peek.

IDK, It's just how I was raised. Occasionally the older folks tell me 'there should be more people like me' and sometimes I get the parents with their kids where the parents say 'what do you say (name of kid)' and the kid replies with 'thanks you mister', which is always kinda cool seeing parents teaching their kids manners at such a young age.

I'd imagine those kids will be the ones opening the door for me when I'm the old man walking up to the store.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:41 PM   #26
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Well that's another person who can't prioritize their outrage if they get upset over someone holding the door for them.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote