The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-01-2018, 12:42 AM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I saw this yesterday and it made me feel so old, it's semi-recent stuff like this that makes me feel old, not so much the "DID YOU KNOW THE OT WAS RELEASED 30 YEARS AGO", that makes sense since it feels like a long ass time ago but this still feels recent and it hurts ;p
The whole 2010's decade completely flew by. Can't believe we're a year away from 2020.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Neon Night Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The whole 2010's decade completely flew by. Can't believe we're a year away from 2020.
And Neon Night Riders.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:37 AM   #23
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Cheers to the best TMNT version ever.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:28 PM   #24
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Its the former thats the true ending, no doubt about it.
Does it have to be? Didn't Nick kind of imply it was up to the viewer to decide?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:30 PM   #25
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Does it have to be? Didn't Nick kind of imply it was up to the viewer to decide?

I can't really remember if Nick implied it but I don't think you have to worry about what the real ending is. Just go with an ending you prefer.

Looking back, I remember being excited about the futuristic ending, but now I like to think this never happened (or in a different timeline) and that the turtles, April and Casey grew old together.

That part in the finale with Casey's skull still gets to me.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #26
asfaloth12
Thug

It's hard to believe that it's been six years! This series has been such a fun ride. While I miss seeing new episodes, it's probably best that it ended before it went downhill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
I can't really remember if Nick implied it but I don't think you have to worry about what the real ending is. Just go with an ending you prefer.

Looking back, I remember being excited about the futuristic ending, but now I like to think this never happened (or in a different timeline) and that the turtles, April and Casey grew old together.

That part in the finale with Casey's skull still gets to me.
Exactly. It's a fantasy cartoon. We can all decide for ourselves what the "true" ending is.

As for what Nick said, here's one thread on the TMNT twitter, in response to a tweet from a user named Angel Rider: https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/912354814402744322

It was Brandon Auman who later said that it was up to audience interpretation. Here: https://twitter.com/auman_brandon/st...29834192502784 and here https://twitter.com/auman_brandon/st...67414342172672
Frankly, I would have interpreted "Mutant Apocalypse" as an AU either way, especially in light of the canon contradictions involving Renet. My personal headcanon: Raph wrote a self-insert Mad Max fanfic. I have no problem with "Wanted" being the "official" finale, but I still prefer either Owari or End Times as the ending.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:43 AM   #27
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfaloth12 View Post
It's hard to believe that it's been six years! This series has been such a fun ride. While I miss seeing new episodes, it's probably best that it ended before it went downhill.

Exactly. It's a fantasy cartoon. We can all decide for ourselves what the "true" ending is.

As for what Nick said, here's one thread on the TMNT twitter, in response to a tweet from a user named Angel Rider: https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/912354814402744322

It was Brandon Auman who later said that it was up to audience interpretation. Here: https://twitter.com/auman_brandon/st...29834192502784 and here https://twitter.com/auman_brandon/st...67414342172672
Frankly, I would have interpreted "Mutant Apocalypse" as an AU either way, especially in light of the canon contradictions involving Renet. My personal headcanon: Raph wrote a self-insert Mad Max fanfic. I have no problem with "Wanted" being the "official" finale, but I still prefer either Owari or End Times as the ending.
That's the feeling I had too. People were saying it was 'canon' but it really clashes with Renet saying 'You guys are heroes!'

It makes sense too if it's head-canoned as a Raph self-insert fic. Raph is the only one that stays relatively 'normal.' Leo is mutated again and is a crazy or antagonistic 'bad guy' (until he comes around to his brothers) Donny is the epitome of becoming too into what you love, and Mikey is a skinny weakling that runs away and hides.

Having the Kraang 'win' is his pessimistic side coming through, no matter what, him and his brothers can't ultimately win. The world reflects this pessimism too, everywhere is a desert, his two human friends are dead, and any new mutants that he encounters seem to have this dour attitude. He's the only sane Turtle to 'see' reality, and even the place they can walk openly (devastated New York) is a miserable place, with the only sanctum being their underground lair, that's painted as other characters as being this one 'oasis' out in the desert. (And there seems to be no Foot either, judging by who owns Karai's motorcycle now.)

So yeah, I think if one thinks about it, it could even be an inadvertent deconstruction of Raph's mind, as written by Raph himself.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:36 PM   #28
Overlord

Nickelodeon

Last Monday was one year since the cartoon's final episode aired over Nickelodeon.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showat...tles/listings/

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 12-21-2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:51 AM   #29
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
That's the feeling I had too. People were saying it was 'canon' but it really clashes with Renet saying 'You guys are heroes!'

It makes sense too if it's head-canoned as a Raph self-insert fic. Raph is the only one that stays relatively 'normal.' Leo is mutated again and is a crazy or antagonistic 'bad guy' (until he comes around to his brothers) Donny is the epitome of becoming too into what you love, and Mikey is a skinny weakling that runs away and hides.

Having the Kraang 'win' is his pessimistic side coming through, no matter what, him and his brothers can't ultimately win. The world reflects this pessimism too, everywhere is a desert, his two human friends are dead, and any new mutants that he encounters seem to have this dour attitude. He's the only sane Turtle to 'see' reality, and even the place they can walk openly (devastated New York) is a miserable place, with the only sanctum being their underground lair, that's painted as other characters as being this one 'oasis' out in the desert. (And there seems to be no Foot either, judging by who owns Karai's motorcycle now.)

So yeah, I think if one thinks about it, it could even be an inadvertent deconstruction of Raph's mind, as written by Raph himself.
I also was going "What the hell" when I saw the Mutant Apocalypse special.

But it still gave me some inspiration to make some artworks.

Spoiler:

I can't be the only who noticed that the animators of the show had an affinity for showing April's butt in close up multiple times during the series' run.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #30
SaurusX
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
Spoiler:
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...8d25f6306c.jpg
I can't be the only who noticed that the animators of the show had an affinity for showing April's butt in close up multiple times during the series' run.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...1ff41c5a11.jpg
The Japanese call that the dog's eye view. And you're right.
SaurusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:07 AM   #31
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think that happens easily when most entertainment we want is just a Youtube clip away.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:11 PM   #32
asfaloth12
Thug

Quote:

Some fans insist on it being "canon" because that was what Ciro originally intended, or because of production order.
But, I agree with you on Renet. MA doesn't fit with the future she comes from.

As for the rest of your post...Well said!
One thing I thought about: Leo sacrifices himself....again..... which Raph has expressed frustration over in the past. This is a nightmare scenario for Raph, in which Leo does not seem to come out of it alive this time. Which brings us to Leo's double mutation. He has been hurt so many times and nearly killed. He even spent three months in a coma after in early season 3! It's as if Raph thought up a nearly indestructible form for his older brother. It would be a heck of a lot harder to hurt or kill this version of Leo.
Raph also doesn't remember Splinter in this story. When we lose a loved one, isn't that one of our greatest fears? That they will fade away in our memories? That we will start to forget what they looked like, the sound of their voice, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Last Monday was one year since the cartoon's final episode aired over Nickelodeon.
It's hard to believe, isn't it? What a fun finale!
Old 01-06-2019, 06:21 AM   #33
Overlord

12 December 2018

12 December 2018 was one year since the Final Chapters DVD was released in Region 1, completing the DVD release of the series.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-06-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Tags
passage of time, timelords ponder